Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys !

Taking some time to customize the Toys Era one's, happy with final result. Just repainted the Arthur "civil" HS with hairs mod. Futzing the jacket and that's it.

Take care !

20200321_203435_1.jpg

20200321_180221_1.jpg

Damn I miss this hobby... :(

Which one was The Humorist?

I haven't done anything yet, but I was wondering about using actual white (I'm assuming they make that) makeup on the TE Arthur head for the all white look. Years ago I dressed up as Richard from Boardwalk Empire and got a white mask to paint up to use and my girlfriend at the time suggested just using makeup to 'paint' the mask. It came out 100x better than if I tried painting flesh tones on it.

The humorist is Arthur in his carnival outfit by toys era. I?d figure that things are going to be tough for a while.

Looks good, IronZilmad. I still wish we could get a little more pose out of this figure but the stiff suit is difficult to get to look realistic other than the straight pose like you have.

This virus really kicked the nuts out of all the Joker figures and clothing we were supposed to have by now. Hope someone over there has taken their stay-at-home time to engineer a better suit.

Looks good, IronZilmad. I still wish we could get a little more pose out of this figure but the stiff suit is difficult to get to look realistic other than the straight pose like you have.

This virus really kicked the nuts out of all the Joker figures and clothing we were supposed to have by now. Hope someone over there has taken their stay-at-home time to engineer a better suit.

There's some possibilities even with this suit, not tried the stairs pose but I'm sure it's possible :

20200318_190319_1.jpg

Here?s my kitbash joker so far. I?m much happier with it over the stock TE figure.
-Repainted/hair mod TE head
-toy center suit/vest
-TE shirt/shoes
-coo models slim body(slightly too tall)

623AC574-CF1D-4879-A067-8D5D03DD41DC.jpg
18D5E94E-4E92-46DE-99BA-A41CE959A58C.jpg
144D7E77-1438-4C11-B583-3B6C41043E88.jpg
78607057-AFAF-435E-8ADD-4B19CB24E053.jpg
D45CB1B2-CB3A-416B-9AB4-826B30B0E44A.jpg
CA83A3D9-245D-4C76-BBE2-7129CFDDAC67.jpg
E2AE69D9-88B7-49C2-AD39-21D87F208985.jpg
9EA9BAF2-F1ED-4149-A7DC-08BA11A8DCFD.jpg
3B4BFC46-7640-44A9-A8AF-9DABAFF4ACAC.jpg

I'm honestly surprised following the Oscars we didn't get a deluge of products. I've got about 6 months before I have to pay off my $20 bet. The bet was HT would announce a figure with 1 year of the movie opening lol.

Well, I'm out in getting anything for this figure then. It was Hot Toys or nothing.

Still not 2017 Logan also. :'(

There is life outside of the hot toys brand for collecting 1/6. If none of these current third party floats your boat, there are some amazing sculpts out there in the custom world.

There is life outside of the hot toys brand for collecting 1/6. If none of these current third party floats your boat, there are some amazing sculpts out there in the custom world.

I think the third parties that have come out aren't really of great quality. In terms of customs, Cregs sculpts look great but then you need to get it painted, haired if you want, a body and a suit which is expensive.

I’ll never understand why certain CBMs never get any merchandise. Joker, Logan, Venom, I’m sure all of those would have sold well.

I’ll never understand why certain CBMs never get any merchandise. Joker, Logan, Venom, I’m sure all of those would have sold well.

Well the consensus on Joker seems to be that they wanted it to be viewed as a film and for awards so didn't want merch everywhere, and also the question of whether Joaquin would license his likeness. I still find it hard to believe WB would sign him without likeness approval, even just in case. There's so much money to be made in merchandise vs. the actual box office.

For Logan/Venom, that was most likely due to the Disney owned Marvel not wanting to promote Fox/Sony movies. Same with Deadpool, I'm still surprised we got the Hot Toys Deadpool figures. They're literally the only licensed figures from that movie released.

That's less of a theory and more of a fact now, because look at Toy Fair this year. The Disney/Fox deal is totally done, so Hasbro reveals a ton of Wolverine/Logan/Deadpool figures, right in time to be 3 years late to the movie releases.

I don?t understand venom tho. Disney owns the rights to Spider-Man merch and did asm toys . I suppose now that they have there own Spider-Man they won?t support Sony anymore . But even if they did make toys for venom that?s would benefit Disney more than Sony .

Well the consensus on Joker seems to be that they wanted it to be viewed as a film and for awards so didn't want merch everywhere, and also the question of whether Joaquin would license his likeness. I still find it hard to believe WB would sign him without likeness approval, even just in case. There's so much money to be made in merchandise vs. the actual box office.

For Logan/Venom, that was most likely due to the Disney owned Marvel not wanting to promote Fox/Sony movies. Same with Deadpool, I'm still surprised we got the Hot Toys Deadpool figures. They're literally the only licensed figures from that movie released.

That's less of a theory and more of a fact now, because look at Toy Fair this year. The Disney/Fox deal is totally done, so Hasbro reveals a ton of Wolverine/Logan/Deadpool figures, right in time to be 3 years late to the movie releases.

Yea . Glad we are getting movie Xmen but now I want to see mcu xmen and fresh looks

Back