Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who are not in the know, shaping a piece of wire and pushing it down underneath the collar can help to tighten the coat in, which in turn gives things a more natural/slimmer look. I use it on most of my coated/suited figures when needed.
You can pick up a roll of gardening wire at your local discount store for a couple of Euro/Dollars.

View attachment 477484

Thanks for the tip. Would a appear clip achieve the same effect?

Tried the wire trick, would t work for me. Tried to shape the wire to the body, but the jacket really doesn?t want to cooperate.

Here’s how I have mine displayed at the moment:

KQwQpM8.jpg

Thanks!

Mine only came with one, but it wasn’t in the right spot. I thought they forgot to include one at first. The product description on GianToy seems to imply it only comes with one, simply listed as “cigarette” in the box contents.

Great start, elvis. As always, I'll be watching eagerly.

For me, this figure has become most frustrating. I finally had a chance to strip him down today to get a good look at the Toys Era clothing. The suit has all kind of issues. Its not just a body swap and a little tightening here and there. I think I may be better off waiting for a better 3rd party suit rather than destroying this one trying to mimic the movie suit. I mean, the work required to make this like the suit in the movie is much more than I suspected.

In the movie, besides the maroon color, the pants are very high-waisted almost like ballet pants but with a very low crotch -- the thighs to the knees are fitted but then let out to a definitely bellbottom (if you have the disc, I recommend you watch the stair dance). The jacket needs to hang down straight -- which the TE can't because of the "hard" lapels -- its cotton and has no sheen (unlike the TE), and it seems to wrinkle easily (not spongey). And the sleeves are slender with wider openings (the exact reverse of the TE sleeves).

On the plus side, once the jacket is off the body, you can see from the back that the jacket really is quite narrow -- its the strange "hard" lapels that force the jacket outward so it looks bulkier -- that and the base body shoulders pushing the jacket shoulder out. A narrower body where the sleeves drop straight down will work except that the spongey sleeves won't hang straight down unless weighted.

For now, I'm going to hold off on reworking this figure. I don't have a body that will work, so first I need to find that. Then I'll have another look to see if I really want to give this a try. I fear just ruining it altogether. OR making a half-assed version for myself and then someone releases a very affordable Joker suit that's perfect.

Last edited:
Yup my feelings exactly. I gave it my best shot, but even after a ton of work trying to slim down the suit in various ways, it only seems slightly improved in the end. I could probably live with it, but it just doesn't capture his look in the movie nearly as well as I'd like.

So right now I've put the figure aside and started working on other stuff. I have a feeling just like the Ledger Joker, there will be plenty of third party outfits made of this Joker for a while, so hopefully one will come along that finally gets it right.

Great start, elvis. As always, I'll be watching eagerly.

For me, this figure has become most frustrating. I finally had a chance to strip him down today to get a good look at the Toys Era clothing. The suit has all kind of issues. Its not just a body swap and a little tightening here and there. I think I may be better off waiting for a better 3rd party suit rather than destroying this one trying to mimic the movie suit. I mean, the work required to make this like the suit in the movie is much more than I suspected.

In the movie, besides the maroon color, the pants are very high-waisted almost like ballet pants but with a very low crotch -- the thighs to the knees are fitted but then let out to a definitely bellbottom (if you have the disc, I recommend you watch the stair dance). The jacket needs to hang down straight -- which the TE can't because of the "hard" lapels -- its cotton and has no sheen (unlike the TE), and it seems to wrinkle easily (not spongey). And the sleeves are slender with wider openings (the exact reverse of the TE sleeves).

On the plus side, once the jacket is off the body, you can see from the back that the jacket really is quite narrow -- its the strange "hard" lapels that force the jacket outward so it looks bulkier -- that and the base body shoulders pushing the jacket shoulder out. A narrower body where the sleeves drop straight down will work except that the spongey sleeves won't hang straight down unless weighted.

For now, I'm going to hold off on reworking this figure. I don't have a body that will work, so first I need to find that. Then I'll have another look to see if I really want to give this a try. I fear just ruining it altogether. OR making a half-assed version for myself and then someone releases a very affordable Joker suit that's perfect.

What you're describing sounds like no company will make a perfect suit. I'm losing interest in owning a figure of this guy fast.

Are there any runs for custom suits yet? I haven't heard of anything which surprises me.

If there's demand, and no license, the possibilities will be endless for 3rd party options.

I would be OK with the TE suit if it was more workable, but the material doesn't lend itself to easy re-sewing and tailoring. It might just get bunched up or tweak in odd ways because of the springy material.

I still may try to dye it a bit darker... and just use it as a possible alternate -- maybe seated in a chair like on Murray's stage or maybe the Final Mob Joker with bloody nose standing on the cop car.

The array of sculpts, the extras (mask, gun, flowers, cigarette) and the fantastic vest and shirt still make this worthwhile for parts.

I'm still really surprised they didn't include his journal for this release. Him sitting on the guest chair legs crossed holding his journal would be a really cool display.

b36490d3214c15e9697f49703e94c606af78732b.jpg

Back