Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
giphy.gif

It really looks great. I would have been way too nervous to heat up and squeeze(?) the head. I?d have worried the glaze on the eyes would crack and flake off, or maybe soften and get dull. I?m impressed! Have you done this often? Did you practice first on a older or cheaper head sculpt?

Yeah I've tried it a couple times, but it doesn't always take for whatever reason. There shouldn't be a danger of cracking or flaking though, since the heads are sealed really well and you're only compressing it very slightly.

Here's an update on my Toysera figure, after slimming down both the pants and jacket a bit. Unfortunately the jacket is so large and bulky that you can only do so much with it, and the figure still looks nowhere as slim as I'd prefer. I could probably try finding an even slimmer body, but I can tell the jacket would still look way too big in front.

I also took a shot at heating up and narrowing the Arthur head before painting it up, since I didn't care for how wide the main one was. I really liked the splotchier white makeup and that little snarl they painted on him as he was walking out of the subway, so tried to copy that as best I could. Although the red is looking a bit dark to me now, so I might lighten it up some.

Still hoping to dye the suit darker and possibly give him rooted hair, since the sculpted hair just doesn't look right to me at all.

]
Looks really nice. Body swap significantly improves the pinhead effect and the slimming down the face improves the likeness. I think I jumped the gun on getting this one. I don?t want to put any more money into it because I?m sure there are going to be better sculpts and outfits down the road. So debating whether to sell or just keep as a placeholder for now. Extras are nice though.

Just got the TC suit, and it really isn't that bad. The colour's perfect for me. I've used just a regular narrow shoulder body with a customised head sculpt. The only gripe I have with it is that jacket looks too big, and the material is too thick, so you can't really make it look any smaller unless you somehow weaken the material. Everything else is good, trousers look really nice, and everything fits well. One more thing, the wasitcaot buttons are real, so you have to actually button them up, and at this scale, that's really difficult. Overall, i'm happy with it.IMG_9161 (2).JPGIMG_9241 (1).JPGIMG_9239 (1).JPG

Just got the TC suit, and it really isn't that bad. The colour's perfect for me. I've used just a regular narrow shoulder body with a customised head sculpt. The only gripe I have with it is that jacket looks too big, and the material is too thick, so you can't really make it look any smaller unless you somehow weaken the material. Everything else is good, trousers look really nice, and everything fits well. One more thing, the wasitcaot buttons are real, so you have to actually button them up, and at this scale, that's really difficult. Overall, i'm happy with it.

That looks really nice! I have found that needlenose pliers can help with tiny buttons. Use them to hold the button, and guide it through the hole.

That looks really nice! I have found that needlenose pliers can help with tiny buttons. Use them to hold the button, and guide it through the hole.

I've been trying just that, but those buttons are so small and so tightly stitched on. I'll get it done eventually...:wink1:

I have received my TC set too but still waiting for a body. Too bad the shirt, shoes and small vest aren't accurate but I'm gonna mix elements from tE and TC sets so we'll see...

Yeah the suit looks pretty decent there, and I do like that it's got some longer lapels and you can see more of the vest. That combined with the darker color almost makes up for the other issues it has, especially after all my time struggling to make the TE jacket somehow work. :D

Finally had the chance to look over the TE figure. I like the presentation very much.

Unfortunately, with my box's long journey up the California coast, the box had a few dents in it. Nothing horrible, but enough to cause a few creases here and there, including one at the top of the curtain display. Disappointing.

That said, the figure seems to be in perfect condition. Eye pupils look straight. No weird wrinkles in the suit. I even found the cigarette at the bottom of the box -- do we get one or two (I think someone said they got two by mistake - lucky). Everything looks crisp and very professionally done.

Surprisingly, I don't think the Arthur head sculpt in hand is as bad as the pictures. Also, I think I might like the melancholy head the best -- it has a dead stare that is kind of spooky. Too bad the hair is too short and would need lengthening to be ideal. The laughing sculpt will be the one I use like everyone else... until a superior sculpt presents itself on ebay. The laugh sculpt has a good personality for this particular Joker. I would like the hair to be a little brighter in its highlights.

The suit IS more red than pictures show, but certainly much more bright than most people want for this dour clown. As I feared, the spongey material is going to be a problem to work with. I have not undressed this figure yet so I don't know how fixable it is yet as far as taking it in. The vest and the shirt are excellent.

The body, as everyone has mentioned, is the biggest problem and you can feel it right off the bat. A swap is necessary -- as it is with many figures including Hot Toys.

I'm not sure I will bother with a repaint on the sculpts, as I'm certain that new ones will be on ebay soon. So I'll keep the TE heads pristine.

Ideally I would: swap the body, darker the suit, tailor the suit a bit, add green highlights to the hair, paint the shoes the correct color... and I think that's about it. Again, not sure I'll repaint the head (or hair). But the suit I'm eager to attack.

I don't have much to show at the moment...

Heads COMP 1.jpg

icon 2.jpg

Finally had the chance to look over the TE figure. I like the presentation very much.

Unfortunately, with my box's long journey up the California coast, the box had a few dents in it. Nothing horrible, but enough to cause a few creases here and there, including one at the top of the curtain display. Disappointing.

That said, the figure seems to be in perfect condition. Eye pupils look straight. No weird wrinkles in the suit. I even found the cigarette at the bottom of the box -- do we get one or two (I think someone said they got two by mistake - lucky). Everything looks crisp and very professionally done.

Surprisingly, I don't think the Arthur head sculpt in hand is as bad as the pictures. Also, I think I might like the melancholy head the best -- it has a dead stare that is kind of spooky. Too bad the hair is too short and would need lengthening to be ideal. The laughing sculpt will be the one I use like everyone else... until a superior sculpt presents itself on ebay. The laugh sculpt has a good personality for this particular Joker. I would like the hair to be a little brighter in its highlights.

The suit IS more red than pictures show, but certainly much more bright than most people want for this dour clown. As I feared, the spongey material is going to be a problem to work with. I have not undressed this figure yet so I don't know how fixable it is yet as far as taking it in. The vest and the shirt are excellent.

The body, as everyone has mentioned, is the biggest problem and you can feel it right off the bat. A swap is necessary -- as it is with many figures including Hot Toys.

I'm not sure I will bother with a repaint on the sculpts, as I'm certain that new ones will be on ebay soon. So I'll keep the TE heads pristine.

Ideally I would: swap the body, darker the suit, tailor the suit a bit, add green highlights to the hair, paint the shoes the correct color... and I think that's about it. Again, not sure I'll repaint the head (or hair). But the suit I'm eager to attack.

I don't have much to show at the moment...

View attachment 477401

View attachment 477402

Be careful with the buttons on the sleeves of the jacket.

Be careful with the buttons on the sleeves of the jacket.

Are they just glued on? I have three on each sleeve as of today. Not sure if that's accurate.

I also forgot to say that this figure really POPS on the shelf. Despite its problems, it looks so fun and amazing with other figures. I can't wait to fix it up and get it into a dance-kick pose. If nothing else, that bright suit pulls the eyes right to it.

Are they just glued on? I have three on each sleeve as of today. Not sure if that's accurate.

I also forgot to say that this figure really POPS on the shelf. Despite its problems, it looks so fun and amazing with other figures. I can't wait to fix it up and get it into a dance-kick pose. If nothing else, that bright suit pulls the eyes right to it.

I was an idiot and I dragged my finger while posing the left arm and they popped off, you can pop hem back in but mine aren?t as flat as they were. Just be mindful of them.

Back