Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2A24CF17-A74F-4814-9D6A-AE1341E1E493.jpg00987B69-A05F-4540-97EE-D08B90057BD1.jpgBB3F7170-829F-481C-B438-F1E018DA936D.jpeg

That's about $225 in the US. Personally I would say no, the figure is not worth that much. Unless you just desperately need to have a Joaquin Joker in your collection no matter what.

Here's an update on my Toysera figure, after slimming down both the pants and jacket a bit. Unfortunately the jacket is so large and bulky that you can only do so much with it, and the figure still looks nowhere as slim as I'd prefer. I could probably try finding an even slimmer body, but I can tell the jacket would still look way too big in front.

I also took a shot at heating up and narrowing the Arthur head before painting it up, since I didn't care for how wide the main one was. I really liked the splotchier white makeup and that little snarl they painted on him as he was walking out of the subway, so tried to copy that as best I could. Although the red is looking a bit dark to me now, so I might lighten it up some.

Still hoping to dye the suit darker and possibly give him rooted hair, since the sculpted hair just doesn't look right to me at all.

20200128_203851 (2).jpg

20200128_203309 (2).jpg

20200128_195859 (2).jpg

20200128_204913 (2).jpg

Joker-363t.jpg

Thanks. Yeah I stitched the arms and back of the jacket tighter, as well as the legs. Although keeping the arm and leg openings the same width.

Here's the head after being slimmed down but before being painted. It definitely helps create that more gaunt look I think.

20200126_130552 (2).jpg

I haven't been here in a while, had to sell off most of my 12 inch stuff some years back. Now I am trying to get back in a little. I ordered the SW Toys Joker, haven't seen too much about him on here, hope to see some news about him soon. I thought he was the best looking one (at least their proto)

That SW Joker head sculpt looked the best personally from the promo pics, alongside the laughing Toys Era sculpt (promo pic). The body looks far too big though. I think they just got a regular suit, regular body and made a decent head. But if I had gone for one out of the MToys, TE and SW Jokers, it probably would have been that one, because of the head sculpt. Hopefully it's released soon.

Here's an update on my Toysera figure, after slimming down both the pants and jacket a bit. Unfortunately the jacket is so large and bulky that you can only do so much with it, and the figure still looks nowhere as slim as I'd prefer. I could probably try finding an even slimmer body, but I can tell the jacket would still look way too big in front.

I also took a shot at heating up and squeezing in the Arthur head before painting it up, since I didn't care for how wide the main one was. I really liked the splotchier white makeup and that little snarl they painted on him as he was walking out of the subway, so tried to copy that as best I could. Although the red is looking a bit dark to me now, so I might lighten it up some.

Still hoping to dye the suit darker and possibly give him rooted hair, since the sculpted hair just doesn't look right to me at all.

View attachment 477282

View attachment 477283

View attachment 477284

View attachment 477285

View attachment 477286

The head looks accurate. You've done a great job with the suit too, that's probably the best it can look.

I also took a shot at heating up and narrowing the Arthur head before painting it up, since I didn't care for how wide the main one was. I really liked the splotchier white makeup and that little snarl they painted on him as he was walking out of the subway, so tried to copy that as best I could. Although the red is looking a bit dark to me now, so I might lighten it up some.

View attachment 477282

View attachment 477283

View attachment 477284

View attachment 477285

View attachment 477286

Nice work! Love the repaint!

Thanks. Yeah I stitched the arms and back of the jacket tighter, as well as the legs. Although keeping the arm and leg openings the same width.

Here's the head after being slimmed down but before being painted. It definitely helps create that more gaunt look I think.

View attachment 477287

It really looks great. I would have been way too nervous to heat up and squeeze(?) the head. I’d have worried the glaze on the eyes would crack and flake off, or maybe soften and get dull. I’m impressed! Have you done this often? Did you practice first on a older or cheaper head sculpt?

Back