Action Figure Joaquin Phoenix "JOKER" Speculation Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's Joker, so there will be lots of merchandise, such as posters, t shirts, masks, costumes, Funko pops, and high end "collectibles." The film is coming out in October just in time for Halloween merchandise too. :lol No Mattel action figures and toys that you'd see at Walmart in the kids area tho. However, the "adult collectible" areas will have merchandise and places like Hot Topic will sell stuff. I also expect companies like Mezco, Mafex, Hot Toys, and maybe Neca to make figures. I doubt we'll get an Arthur figure, just Joker. I could see HT maybe making an Arthur figure in clown costume though, but it's unlikely. I'd love a head sculpt without the "joker" makeup because I think he'll be Arthur throughout most of the film and I personally think Juaquin Phoenix actually looks more like the Joker without the makeup. Funko will definitely make Arthur Pop figure. :lol

That’s what I’m saying. It’s the joker. He prints money. Although they didn’t make figures for the venom movie sadly but that’s cause people thought that would flop? Idk

That’s what I’m saying. It’s the joker. He prints money. Although they didn’t make figures for the venom movie sadly but that’s cause people thought that would flop? Idk

...yet??..never know maybe hot Toys might make something for VENOM? Wonder if it be hard to make though??

Many misconceptions here.

You can say that again!

about half the revenue from superheroes and similar properties comes form licensing.

You're trying a "one-size-fits-all" approach to how money is made on movies. But the problem is that different movies make money in different ways, from different revenue streams, and in different proportions, so your statement is quite incorrect.

EXAMPLE: Both Logan and Avengers made money from box office and licensing. But the proportion of Avengers' total money coming from licensing was much higher than it was for Logan. Avengers was selling kid toys and making money that way (in addition to box office). Logan was not.

It doesn't matter if the studio invested 50 or 400 million on this specific project, the principle is the same

But as we've already seen, the methods are not the same. And in a small budget movie, the need to shore up additional lines of revenue are less important - box office alone can carry a movie into profitability, and some licensing streams are inappropriate for certain movies and subject matter. WB learned this during the "Batman Returns" fiasco.

The notion that the studio needs Phoenix more than he needs them is ridiculous.
No actor is irreplaceable, not one.

Quite the contrary, the number of bankable stars in Hollywood is limited (which is why they can justify demanding such high salaries). The number of bankable stars who command artistic respect is even smaller. If you want to sell a comic book movie as "high art," there aren't many names that command the attention and get the required number of butts in seats to justify the investment.

If they were all easily replaceable, Hollywood wouldn't be spending millions on them.

There's also the idea that Phoenix or Day-Lewis are the type of guys who wouldn't want to see their likeness on toys because they're "real" actors or "artists".

Believe it or not, not every actor works simply for the sake of money. For some, it's not just a living - it's a way of life, with a higher purpose.

That is a naive notion, if they agree to work on superhero projects they know what the deal is is.

Again, you don't seem to understand that there isn't just one "cookie cutter" contract for superhero movies that everyone signs.

You can say that again!

You're trying a "one-size-fits-all" approach to how money is made on movies. But the problem is that different movies make money in different ways, from different revenue streams, and in different proportions, so your statement is quite incorrect.

EXAMPLE: Both Logan and Avengers made money from box office and licensing. But the proportion of Avengers' total money coming from licensing was much higher than it was for Logan. Avengers was selling kid toys and making money that way (in addition to box office). Logan was not.

But as we've already seen, the methods are not the same. And in a small budget movie, the need to shore up additional lines of revenue are less important - box office alone can carry a movie into profitability, and some licensing streams are inappropriate for certain movies and subject matter. WB learned this during the "Batman Returns" fiasco.

Quite the contrary, the number of bankable stars in Hollywood is limited (which is why they can justify demanding such high salaries). The number of bankable stars who command artistic respect is even smaller. If you want to sell a comic book movie as "high art," there aren't many names that command the attention and get the required number of butts in seats to justify the investment.

If they were all easily replaceable, Hollywood wouldn't be spending millions on them.

Believe it or not, not every actor works simply for the sake of money. For some, it's not just a living - it's a way of life, with a higher purpose.

Again, you don't seem to understand that there isn't just one "cookie cutter" contract for superhero movies that everyone signs.

OK, you clearly don't know how any of this works.
Thank you for posting.

Would you say the Nolan trilogy are kids movies too by that logic? Even Lego made kids play sets out of that. (I don’t get how a disturbed character like the Joker could be made kids friendly though)

First Joaquin Joker figure I've seen for sale...looks very familiar haha

WhyToys Joker.jpg

Someone asked JC on Instagram if there'll be one and he said to please appreciate he can't talk about it, or something along those lines. So maybe they're wanting to make it but there's something stopping them?

Or he just can't say until it's officially announced.

Yeah I saw that. And completely understand JC's position.

What I'm asking is if anybody knows offhand when the movie tickets are going on sale?
Someone asked JC on Instagram if there'll be one and he said to please appreciate he can't talk about it, or something along those lines. So maybe they're wanting to make it but there's something stopping them?

Or he just can't say until it's officially announced.

The TOP kit was only $90, so I figured I might as well get it even if HT makes one, doesn't look that bad and isn't a huge investment either way. A restock went up for preorder at TNS recently if anyone missed it. I jumped on it this time.

The TOP kit was only $90, so I figured I might as well get it even if HT makes one, doesn't look that bad and isn't a huge investment either way. A restock went up for preorder at TNS recently if anyone missed it. I jumped on it this time.
Understandable...plus I don't see HT doing a "without makeup" figure, IF they even make anything at all. I haven't seen any licensed merchandise from this movie yet.

Back