JND: The Witcher - Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very excited to see how this looks as a full reveal. Definitely something I'd get next to Indy and The Batman.

From the prototypes both Blitzway and JND look hyper realistic? I'm not sure what people mean when they say "JND looks like a person, and Blitzway looks like a statue".....that reads (to me) of people seeing what they want to see, rather than any specific, real world, measurable differences as viewed by the naked eye.

Looking at the Blitzway promo photos, if I didn't know any better, and if someone said it was silicone and glass eyes, I wouldn't doubt them.
I think both are good and look incredible with Blitzway arguably having the slightly stronger Cavill likeness.

However, to me, Blitzway's looks like a sculpture of Henry Cavill as Geralt much like what @DioramaMaker has already mentioned so no need to regurgitate that all over again. The depth in the skintone that the silicone allows plus the rooted hair work to me, has more realism than that of the Blitzway. While they're the same scale, they're different price points with arguably different levels of both finer detailing as well as final production piece quality based on previous track records.

To make a similar example - I would say Queen Studios' 1/3 ZSJL Superman has the same level of hyper realism as the JND Superman while also not only capturing the better likeness of Cavill but also being made of polystone. Queen Studio's Cavill Superman looks more realistic to me than Blitzway's Cavill Geralt while being made of similar materials. I don't feel Blitway's has captured that same depth of realism that both JND and Queen Studios have regardless of being made of silicone w/ glass eyes or not. Does that make more sense?

That doesn't mean one is better than the other. That's up to the individual to decide which is what we're all here doing. We're looking at both products and deciding which one we like more (if any at all) with our own, individual criteria on what we are looking for. Nothing wrong with having a difference of opinion on the two; nor does that mean if someone prefer's one, it automatically mean they're bashing the other. I don't have any sort of brand loyalty when it comes to just about any collectibles, so I have no reason to "see what I want to see" in one over the other. I simply want what I feel will be the best product for not only my budget, but also my own criteria.

All that said, no one has to have long, drawn out, "real world, measurable" reasoning to say a certain item doesn't appeal to them. Lots of ppl have a hard time even putting words to what they don't like, but something about item 'x' just isn't doing it for them. And, you know what? That's ok :dunno we're allowed to say "idk what it is-I can't quite put my finger on it, but this doesn't look quite right to me"

Last edited:
^^ I agree. People "seeing what they want to see" - isn't a bad thing, especially not in this "hobby" - it's just another way of saying people like what they like, because they like it.

I personally refuse to believe that the silicone "gold rush" - is the be all, end all, of hyper realism, and I'm keenly looking for a company to prove my hypothesis. Maybe Blitzway is the chosen one, maybe not. If it turns out that silicone is the only way to achieve hyper realism in statues, then so be it.....however, I'd be surprised, as so far, that equation has translated to 1/6 figures....

That's really why I'm keen to understand if people are genuinely seeing more realism in the silicone piece vs the resin piece from Blitzway. Or, if, with respect, they're just going with the crowd and chasing the new "bestest" material the industry wants to push.

Overall piece looks amazing. However it doesn't give me a WOW feeling. Maybe it's an armour or the pose. Sculpt is great, puffy hair on top takes likeness away, I'm sure it will be fixed. I don't recognise a monster head. As I figured out shirt and jacket are real fabrics and everything else is sculpted. Beautiful statue indeed.

P.S. They used steel sword instead of the silver sword with the monster.

Last edited:
Overall piece looks amazing. However it doesn't give me a WOW feeling. Maybe it's an armour or the pose. Sculpt is great, puffy hair on top takes likeness away, I'm sure it will be fixed. I don't recognise a monster head. As I figured out shirt and jacket are real fabrics and everything else is sculpted. Beautiful statue indeed.
I dont blame you the creatures were somewhat forgettable in the show lol. But it seems to be the monster during the boat fight scene,

image3-1280.jpg

Yeah the hair although well done, does look abit puffy, I think the clothing and tailoring look great though. But I agree its lacking a wow factor, I think its the pose thats throwing me off too, he doesnt really pose like that , I hate that his left arm is doing that fist, looks goofy lol.

I dont blame you the creatures were somewhat forgettable in the show lol. But it seems to be the monster during the boat fight scene,

View attachment 680947

Yeah the hair although well done, does look abit puffy, I think the clothing and tailoring look great though. But I agree its lacking a wow factor, I think its the pose thats throwing me off too, he doesnt really pose like that , I hate that his left arm is doing that fist, looks goofy lol.
You are right, that's the monster from the boat! Yea while I don't have plans to get him, it would be nice if he had more interesting presentation. Sculpt looks truly great and way better than Superman imo. While the monsters are a huge part of this franchise I don't enjoy have such stuff in my room haha I love that Blitzway one is just there standing on the cliff in a heroic pose. Poses are very similar tho. Prime 1 did Geralt in such a pose as well.

Maybe not a fair comparison, only pic I could find for now, but I think the JND face sculpt, especially around the chin/nose area might be too narrow or something, also not bulky enough imo, Henry was still pretty huge in the show.

Although the pose is somewhat similar, they give different vibes. I don't really like the slightly raised fist pose by JND , it looks abit like a cosplayer posing for a camera haha. Whereas the BW one looks heroic and strong, not too overly done but subtle ,its how I'd imagine Geralt posing.

123.jpg

Maybe not a fair comparison, only pic I could find for now, but I think the JND face sculpt, especially around the chin/nose area might be too narrow or something, also not bulky enough imo, Henry was still pretty huge in the show.

Although the pose is somewhat similar, they give different vibes. I don't really like the slightly raised fist pose by JND , it looks abit like a cosplayer posing for a camera haha. Whereas the BW one looks heroic and strong, not too overly done but subtle ,its how I'd imagine Geralt posing.

View attachment 680958
Agreed, Blitzway looks like relaxed and naturally standing at the edge of the cliff looking to the horizon, while JND looks uncomfortable haha And yes, both JND Henry faces have narrow and reduced jaws and chin. Superman has a same issue imo. Henry was biggest in S3, I won't say he was out of shape but definitely was more bulked up than in previous seasons.

Last edited:
Thanks for the side by side photo. I think the Blitzway prototype takes it, even before we consider that the JND piece costs 3x more! 😨

Of course, we need to see the final production pieces, but right now, I'll keep my Blitzway pre-order, and take my chance.

Plus, even if the Blitzway piece turns out like a turd, we all know the JND piece will be available nog after the JND website declares "sold out" 😂😂 - so I'll sleep easy tonight, and have my popcorn and cola ready for the inevitable JND Pre Order poppy show

Thanks for the side by side photo. I think the Blitzway prototype takes it, even before we consider that the JND piece costs 3x more! 😨

Of course, we need to see the final production pieces, but right now, I'll keep my Blitzway pre-order, and take my chance.

Plus, even if the Blitzway piece turns out like a turd, we all know the JND piece will be available nog after the JND website declares "sold out" 😂😂 - so I'll sleep easy tonight, and have my popcorn and cola ready for the inevitable JND Pre Order poppy show
True that. I don't plan to get it rn, but if I'll be rich by the time it releases I might toss a coin, as I'm sure he will stay in stock for a while, he isn't as popular as other characters they have done. Blitzway is my priority rn and gonna toss all the coins I have in a heartbeat once it's released. Hope we won't be disappointed and production piece looks amazing. AMEN.

The price is only for the true collectors 🙄
True, hope one day I'll reach to that ''social status'' lol

Check out the FULL REVEAL IMAGES!!

1:3 <Geralt of Rivia> by JND Studios

1/3 Scale, silicone, glass eyes, rooted hair - Hyperreal Movie Statue
Pre-order Friday, Dec 29th, 12:00 pm Seoul Time (KST)
Price: US$2,599
Limited ES: 500
Shipping Period: Q2, 2025
Shipping Countries: Worldwide
IMG_6248.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6245.jpeg
    IMG_6245.jpeg
    388.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6239.jpeg
    IMG_6239.jpeg
    266.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6240.jpeg
    IMG_6240.jpeg
    235.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6241.jpeg
    IMG_6241.jpeg
    241.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6242.jpeg
    IMG_6242.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6244.jpeg
    IMG_6244.jpeg
    273.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6243.jpeg
    IMG_6243.jpeg
    289.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6246.jpeg
    IMG_6246.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6247.jpeg
    IMG_6247.jpeg
    382.2 KB · Views: 0
He has a rooted lower lashes or I’m hallucinating :monkey1 looks great tho :monkey3
My previous opinion hasn’t changed but kinda want it as it’s my fav character and actor but can’t even pay a deposit rn lol 2025 Q2 release sounds promising lol let me live till that.

P.S. I still think they went overboard with the hair. Too curly, puffy and short.

Last edited:
He has a rooted lower lashes or I’m hallucinating :monkey1 looks great tho :monkey3
My previous opinion hasn’t changed but kinda want it as it’s my fav character and actor but can’t even pay a deposit rn lol 2025 Q2 release sounds promising lol let me live till that.

P.S. I still think they went overboard with the hair. Too curly, puffy and short.

Stay strong....it's just the FOMO kicking in.....even at the confirmed price of $2599, it's still $1599 more expensive then the "better" Blitzway piece (my opinion). That's before you add on shipping, & import duty......is it really worth the extra scratch?

I think it looks great except for that truly bizarre choice on the clenched fist; so damn awkward and wrong.:slap

Saying that, the Blitzway does look better overall (just don't like that costume), and the silicon face texture on the JND looks way more lifelike.

Back