JND: The Witcher - Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill) 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to sleep as it's 5 AM here but seems video is premiering in two hours and I'll cry when I wake up baiiiiii

Yeah it's going to be really late for me too so I'll check it tomorrow.

I don't really like JND business practices, they don't like taking critism and the owner comes across as smug 😒

Anyways rant aside , I doubt it's gonna be much better than Blitzway 1/3 statue and probably gonna cost about twice as much I bet.

Looking forward to the far away helicopter photosnaps from this teaser.

Looks pretty good. I agree that it most likely won't beat KA Kim's sculpt, but it doesn't look bad to me. Overall, I'm thinking it's a solid sculpt and arguably better than their Superman sculpt. I guess the Superman sculptors (Gox?) learned a few things from that. Sucks that was the test run for this to look so good. Hair work looks really well done especially at the hairline. They even painted his chest hair on there :LOL:

I'm sure someone else can get better screencaps, but here are ones I was able to get from the first teaser:
Screenshot 2023-12-20 214936.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-20 215023.jpg

Screenshot 2023-12-20 215123.jpg

Last edited:
Also pretty confident if this gets a good response they'll update their superman sculpt, it's not too far off, but it's definitely not spot on - this has nailed it.

Woke up :monkey1 :monkey4 Looks amazing imo and very similar to their Superman sculpt,hungry and depressed. Love the hair. Love the chest hair:monkey1 I'm sure it will look amazing but KA Kim ate and left no crumbs.:monkey3 It is crazy that both of them are the same person and both look amazing but so different. Blitzway overall looks more heroic and powerful.
488284-Screenshot-2023-12-20-215023.jpg
vlcsnap-2023-12-21-14h31m52s308.png

Woke up :monkey1 :monkey4 Looks amazing imo and very similar to their Superman sculpt, hungry and depressed. Love the hair. Love the chest hair:monkey1 I'm sure it will look amazing but KA Kim ate and left no crumbs.:monkey3 It is crazy that both of them are the same person and both look amazing but so different. Blitzway overall looks more heroic and powerful.
I'm not seeing the "hungry and depressed" here. To me, he looks very focused and determined where as the Blitzway looks a bit wide-eyed looking off into the distance and once on the full statue, heroic as you've said. Neither is bad to me, but just different expressions.

The main drawback I see with P1/Blitzway is their lack of consistency with matching their prototypes. KA Kim will constantly show the prototype even when the production piece starts shipping to calm buyers down, especially if there appears to be a downgrade. She did the same with her TDK Joker sculpt. Her protoype was amazing, and she kept posting the proto sculpt seemingly to pass it off as a production piece when ppl were voicing how disappointed they were with the final product, which was quite the big downgrade. Now, maybe they've gotten better since then, but I currently don't have faith in P1/Blitzway to match the proto. So far, to my knowledge, the new Platinum T800 is the only one they've mentioned out of recent products so far that they will supposedly use the same finishing techniques on the production pieces that they used on the proto.

Last edited:
I dunno I think the BW likeness looks much sharper here and I'm loving the eyes on the BW. The hair looks too puffy looking in the JND imo, but I understand its still a prototype and very early stages. I'm sure it will look great in time and looking forward to seeing what pose they give this statue.
Woke up :monkey1 :monkey4 Looks amazing imo and very similar to their Superman sculpt,hungry and depressed. Love the hair. Love the chest hair:monkey1 I'm sure it will look amazing but KA Kim ate and left no crumbs.:monkey3 It is crazy that both of them are the same person and both look amazing but so different. Blitzway overall looks more heroic and powerful.
View attachment 679763View attachment 679764

They're definitely both strong. The interesting thing to me is that now that I see the JND, I feel like the Blitzway sort of obviously looks like a sculpture of Henry Cavill b/c it's so sharp/crisp whereas I think the JND looks like a real person.

I really think you can't go wrong with either based on the images we have. That can change as more is revealed of the JND. It's always nice to have options, though :rock

Last edited:
I'm not seeing the "hungry and depressed" here. To me, he looks very focused and determined where as the Blitzway looks a bit wide-eyed looking off into the distance and once on the full statue, heroic as you've said. Neither is bad to me, but just different expressions.

The main drawback I see with P1/Blitzway is their lack of consistency with matching their prototypes. KA Kim will constantly show the prototype even when the production piece starts shipping to calm buyers down, especially if there appears to be a downgrade. She did the same with her TDK Joker sculpt. Her protoype was amazing, and she kept posting the proto sculpt seemingly to pass it off as a production piece when ppl were voicing how disappointed they were with the final product, which was quite the big downgrade. Now, maybe they've gotten better since then, but I currently don't have faith in P1/Blitzway to match the proto. So far, to my knowledge, the new Platinum T800 is the only one they've mentioned out of recent products so far that they will supposedly use the same finishing techniques on the production pieces that they used on the proto.
I'm not familiar with Blitzway products so I can't really judge their final pieces, but as always released stuff is downgraded basically in every case. I watched some reviews on youtube and love their work, so let's see, if I won't be satisfied cancellation option is always available lol but as they changed painted eyes with glass eyes, I have a high expectations, at least there won't be wonky painted eyes. Usually P1 statues got downgrade in their eyes mostly, in this case that won't be a problem. JND definitely looks as a real person and Blitzway still looks as a statue, but that's not a problem for me, I'm not into realism. Both look great for what they are and Blitzway is way reasonably priced. I preordered from BBTS so everyone else gonna ship before them, I'll definitely see in hand photos before the sipping notice so rn I'll just wait, I have preordered both scales.

Yeah agreed, the JND with the silicone has that nice sub surface scaterring effect you can't get in resin.

One other thing to note is the price, BW 1/3 is about 1200$, JND will probably be twice if not more. But it is nice to have options.
They're definitely both strong. The interesting thing to me is that now that I see the JND, I feel like the Blitzway sort of obviously looks like a sculpture of Henry Cavill b/c it's so sharp/crisp whereas I think the JND looks like a real person.

I really think you can't go wrong with either based on the images we have. That can change as more is revealed of the JND. It's always nice to have options, though :rock

From the prototypes both Blitzway and JND look hyper realistic? I'm not sure what people mean when they say "JND looks like a person, and Blitzway looks like a statue".....that reads (to me) of people seeing what they want to see, rather than any specific, real world, measurable differences as viewed by the naked eye.

Looking at the Blitzway promo photos, if I didn't know any better, and if someone said it was silicone and glass eyes, I wouldn't doubt them.

JND looks like Geralt, as played by Henry Cavill.

Blitzway looks like Henry Cavill, as Geralt.

I like JND more.

Sorry, but to me, your comment doesn't make a lick of sense, in the context of a fantasy character. I would understand your comment if we were describing an actor playing a known historical figure.....but considering Geralt only existed as a character in written form, and then represented as a digital entity in the game....any hyper real statue that accurately captures Henry Cavil's look, and dresses him in Geralt's attire could be deemed successful.

That said, if your just prefer JND, more power to you! I think both pieces (at least in prototype form) are excellent options. I hope when the production pieces come out, this will be a rare moment where those collectors who can't or refuse to pay excessive JND prices will have a great alternstive, reasonably priced alternative.....I love JND's work, but their pricing is ridiculous for what they're offering....in my opinion.....

Sorry, but to me, your comment doesn't make a lick of sense, in the context of a fantasy character. I would understand your comment if we were describing an actor playing a known historical figure.....but considering Geralt only existed as a character in written form, and then represented as a digital entity in the game....any hyper real statue that accurately captures Henry Cavil's look, and dresses him in Geralt's attire could be deemed successful.

That said, if your just prefer JND, more power to you! I think both pieces (at least in prototype form) are excellent options. I hope when the production pieces come out, this will be a rare moment where those collectors who can't or refuse to pay excessive JND prices will have a great alternstive, reasonably priced alternative.....I love JND's work, but their pricing is ridiculous for what they're offering....in my opinion.....

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not buying either. If I spend that much, it's on game Geralt.

But allow me to try again.

When I engage with any character, real or fictitious, they're being portrayed or voiced by someone.

You can look at that performance and see the character first, actor second. This is a nuanced approach that draws many attributes of stagecraft together. Daniel Day Lewis' roles come to mind.

The other side is starting by seeing the actor, who happens to be playing the role of X character (even if they do a good job!), and then recognize they are playing that character. In a way their personality is a character in and of itself. The Rock, Vin Diesel, even RDJ often fits this bill.

So when you see that new figure or statue, is it "oh that's Star Lord!" or, "oh that's Chris Pratt!"?

So to that end, I look at JND's by way of the former. I feel it captures Geralt through likeness of Henry's performance. I see Geralt first, then clock Henry.

Might be splitting hairs, but I do think there's a difference.

I have no dog in this fight because I'm not buying either. If I spend that much, it's on game Geralt.

But allow me to try again.

When I engage with any character, real or fictitious, they're being portrayed or voiced by someone.

You can look at that performance and see the character first, actor second. This is a nuanced approach that draws many attributes of stagecraft together. Daniel Day Lewis' roles come to mind.

The other side is starting by seeing the actor, who happens to be playing the role of X character (even if they do a good job!), and then recognize they are playing that character. In a way their personality is a character in and of itself. The Rock, Vin Diesel, even RDJ often fits this bill.

So when you see that new figure or statue, is it "oh that's Star Lord!" or, "oh that's Chris Pratt!"?

So to that end, I look at JND's by way of the former. I feel it captures Geralt through likeness of Henry's performance. I see Geralt first, then clock Henry.

Might be splitting hairs, but I do think there's a difference.

Ok, I understand....I assume you've come to that conclusion based on the portrait expressions from both prototypes, and on the overall figure posing of the Blitzway piece?.....

Just to be clear, the only "contest" I see between JND and Blitzway is going to be quality of finished production piece....in that case, Blitzway is the clear underdog. I do knock JND on pricing, but those guys (IMHO) deliver a high quality production piece, and ON TIME.....and maybe, just maybe, that justifies the price difference.

Teaser #3!
They’re really dropping these teasers quickly! Guess my they’re trying to get this one out before the year ends

Isn’t that their “most dynamic” pose compared to the other pieces? I’m not sure about the pose but for sure it looks beautiful. For some reason I thought jacket would be removable lol

Back