JND Studios: The Dark Knight - Bale Batman 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got him in, thankfully he the package wasn't opened, they must have just physically inspected the outside box and scanned it.

Got him out and it's absolutely stunning. They've really developed their paint work and hair work on their portraits. The Batman body sculpt is hefty in weight and appearance. Genuinely looks like it's an inhabited suit. The eyes, texture and painting are their best yet for sure. An absolute home run and their best upgrade to date.

The gloss doesn't bother me, it really does make him pop, it's not overly distracting.

Also never realised until I got this in that he only has one canister on his front facing part of the belt.

Glad I opted to get him over Harley Quinn, although would have been really nice to have both.

I have noticed a split in the silicone on the Columella so going to message JND about that, it does sit flush after it has been adjusted but still.

I won't post pictures as others have posted much better than my phone will take, but the presence he has is phenomenal, great accompaniment to Joker.
Pleased it arrived save and sound.

Totally agree it’s JND best statue yet. It actually feels like a statue in terms of weight.

Sadly I doubt I will be buying any more. I find it infuriating dealing with FedEx and sadly buying from a retailer can be a headache if it arrives damage.

Looking at him now I'm not actually sure or not if perhaps he's out of scale. He's MASSIVE. Considerably bigger than Joker, Arthur Fleck and Wonder Woman84 in every regard. Not sure if it's just me or not but he does appear, within relation to others, over-scaled slightly.

I can't remember him, even just in relation to Joker, him being so much bigger - is Christian Bale really that much bigger than everyone else?

Either way, he's definitely a beast, the biggest piece I own.

EDIT: He definitely is the tallest, so it probably is to scale - in which case, damn, he packed on the muscle indeed.

Taken a couple, I really would like a proper camera to photograph these pieces.

I just noticed the nice dichotomy between Joker and Batman, some similarities in posing such as closed fists and wide leg stance, but joker leans his head forward, Batman has his head more straight and back, Joker leans and hunches forwards down his core, Batman extends his core and has an arched strong back and hips, Jokers arms extend outwards, Batman's extend inwards, not sure if it was intentional but it's a very nice play on them both.

Attachments

• PXL_20230121_182855891.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230121_182855891.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230119_200305539.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230119_200305539.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230121_182809969.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    PXL_20230121_182809969.PORTRAIT~2.jpg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
Back