JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the video and I think statue looks amazing, happy for the ppl who are fans of Christopher! If they'll release 1/6 I'll jump on it! Clark Kent is definitely a highlight of this set!

Also just noticed new eye ball has a peg behind, so WONKY EYE ERA is gone!!! I complained about this for so long in JND group lol
eye.PNG

JND CEO's response to the criticism they're receiving for CR Superman.

Screenshot_20230615_113555_Facebook.png

JND hears the feedback and will make improvements.

Why take a gamble with new artists on a character of this magnitude? Kinda bummed that Kojun didn't do the sculpt himslef, at least the Superman sculpt.

JND CEO's response to the criticism they're receiving for CR Superman.

View attachment 645101

JND hears the feedback and will make improvements.

Why take a gamble with new artists on a character of this magnitude? Kinda bummed that Kojun didn't do the sculpt himslef, at least the Superman sculpt.

Was it 2 different artists for Clark and Superman?

This JND Superman sculpt slightly reminds me of that Sideshow PF statue with Reeves levitating and a water dam breaking in the background. Obviously JND is way superior than SSC but both havve this odd facial expression and are pale as someone else mentioned.

I was never quite happy with that SSC PF sculpt but this was maybe 10-years ago and it was when I first got into high-end figures and statues, it was one of the few options besides 1:6 Hot Toys.

What time is this available to PO for US buyers?

noon on Friday for Korea.

Ouch this looks bad. The likeness is slightly there in closeup but seems to disappear completely from a distance. And why do they keep making every Superman look so haggard and hung over like this? Almost reminds me more of the Evil Superman from SM3.

Was it 2 different artists for Clark and Superman?

This JND Superman sculpt slightly reminds me of that Sideshow PF statue with Reeves levitating and a water dam breaking in the background. Obviously JND is way superior than SSC but both havve this odd facial expression and are pale as someone else mentioned.

I was never quite happy with that SSC PF sculpt but this was maybe 10-years ago and it was when I first got into high-end figures and statues, it was one of the few options besides 1:6 Hot Toys.
What i understand from the reveal video, these two artist worked on this project.
20230615_123529.jpg

What time is this available to PO for US buyers?

noon on Friday for Korea.
I'm central time zone, so for me it'll 10pm tonight when the pre-order opens up.

Clark Kent is really on par with Arnie Kim's efforts no doubt. I wish he was available separately. But looking at this again with fresh eyes, I just don't understand how they could mess up the paint and hair so badly on the Superman sculpt.

The raw/digital sculpt looks spot on, but with the poofy hair, pale skin tone, dark circles around the eyes and maybe too dark/thick/heavy eyebrows, it just all gets thrown off. It's hard to drop 4k on the set on the hopes that they actually improve on it even though they say they will.

Screenshot 2023-06-15 143604.jpg

Also, the illusion of the Superman suit being fabric when it's actually sculpted is broken when you get to the red trunks. Almost has an NECA 1/4 Superman figure vibe to me. I know that's an extreme comparison but that's sort of what I see.

I was really excited about this, hoping to be blown away, but turns out Arnie Kim's statues are still the best and to my knowledge, doesn't use silicone either. Almost feel like getting the newest Sideshow PF and commissioning a new headsculpt for it would be cheaper.

Also, did anyone else notice that the \S/ on the cape appears to just be a sticker made to look like it's sewn in? You can see how the edges are already coming up off of the cape.
Screenshot 2023-06-15 133806.jpg

Last edited:
They took $600 for the second Gal Gadot WW which had a retail of $3200 (IIRC). $250 of that is the NRD.

I was really excited about this, hoping to be blown away, but turns out Arnie Kim's statues are still the best and to my knowledge, doesn't use silicone either. Almost feel like getting the newest Sideshow PF and commissioning a new headsculpt for it would be cheaper.
OOO, that's an interesting point. I liked everything about the SSC (pose, base, packaging) except the head sculpt.

Not sure why the streets of Metropolis have planks.

The fit of the hat looks good. It's a shame that it looks hard and plastic otherwise.

Not sure why the streets of Metropolis have planks.

The fit of the hat looks good. It's a shame that it looks hard and plastic otherwise.

Nice to have that hat on option.

But I'm worried leaving it on long term, and if it will affect the rooted hair down the road.

With the JND Catwoman, she looks so much better with the goggle mask on but it might stain the silicone sculpt.

There's more than a bit of the "Hot Toys zombie-eyed stare" going on in that first pics (prime viewing) angle.

Back