JND Studios: LOTR - Arwen 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More than a bit off

arwen.jpg

To me it's one of those pieces where you can tell who it's 'supposed' to be but yep it's definitely off likeness wise which is a shame. Think another choice of outfit would have been better too.

agree with you guys , yes , she's supposed to be a coser of Arwen but 1000% not the real noble elegant elf princess in movie LOTR

It feels they tried to enhance Liv's features. Like giving her some Angelina's lips, a more squared jaw, a larger nose. But that created a completely different portrait and I fear it was intentional given they are so talented.

Not that I would buy a 100% Liv faced piece but it is nice to see the hobby evolving. The only 1:3 I would be tempted for at this price point is Gandalf the Grey in a peaceful static pose, no Balrog fighting please. In the Shire.

It feels they tried to enhance Liv's features. Like giving her some Angelina's lips, a more squared jaw, a larger nose. But that created a completely different portrait and I fear it was intentional given they are so talented.

Not that I would buy a 100% Liv faced piece but it is nice to see the hobby evolving. The only 1:3 I would be tempted for at this price point is Gandalf the Grey in a peaceful static pose, no Balrog fighting please. In the Shire.
JND have the same issue with all their female lips. They’re always too big.

Honestly even though the Asmus Arwen isn’t perfect, that second version in the red dress looks more like Liv than this 5 billion dollar version.

The people have always voted with their wallets. They don't need a video from the company to remind them to do so -- and they certainly don't need their (in this case) very valid criticisms arrogantly dismissed as well.

Contrary to what JND believe, the best thing they can do is actually improving the likeness. So many companies have been met with praise for doing it in the past and the number of customers who would complain about greater accuracy is miniscule at best. What a laughable excuse.

The people have always voted with their wallets. They don't need a video from the company to remind them to do so -- and they certainly don't need their (in this case) very valid criticisms arrogantly dismissed as well.

Contrary to what JND believe, the best thing they can do is actually improving the likeness. So many companies have been met with praise for doing it in the past and the number of customers who would complain about greater accuracy is miniscule at best. What a laughable excuse.
Yes, constructive criticism should be heard:
"Look at the eyebrows. They're objectively wrong. Liv's have more of a subtle curve. JND's have that angular, idealized supermodel look."

Other than that, I think the likeness is good :D

They almost make it sound like everyone who bought it thinks it's perfect lol, I can guarantee some who already bought it would love to see improvements in likeness, not just us who skipped it or those on the fence. I would most likely try to buy it if they show a major improvement, but I guess they don't care about late buyers lol

Last edited:
My wallet can breath a sigh of relief if this will be the standard of their LOTR sculpts. This is just not good.
It’s a great, realistic looking statue of a frowny woman with huge lips. It’s not Arwen. JND JNDied on their arse with this one.

Last edited:
Back