JND Studios: LOTR - Arwen 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like most JND pieces, overall it's very nice and well made. But the likeness is always a little off and this is no exception. They always seem to nail the profile but as it turns you tend to start losing the likeness at around the 3/4 view to full on right in front. Beautiful piece for sure, but something is missing.

I still think, based on pics, 84 Wonder Woman is their best likeness.

Last edited:
I'm almost relieved because there was a 99% chance I would've bought it if it was perfect lol. I think I'll skip it, with some superheros I can take a generic or off likeness since it's more about the look of the character, but I like LOTR too much to do that here lol. It's getting a bit funny to me that they keep using "hyper real" when most of their stuff looks sort of stylized.

Last edited:
Really hate to be that guy, I find it a bit underwhelming. I donā€™t know what I expected, I just find it a little bland and the likeness a bit off. At that price, and with their previous female statues, I dunno I just expect something more.
I think it's the outfit, it looks too simple and doesn't pop up. They should have used another more surreal look with a headpiece. White outfit is more like a Galadriel thing. Eyes are off, Liv has a cartoonish princess eyes with a big blue eyeballs, which gives her innocent and peaceful look,statue doesn't capture that feature well.

Doesnt really look like her to me. Might be due to the silicone being difficult to get right but I'm never 100% satisfied with anything JND puts out.

Incredible statue, but yeah, the likeness is off.

The price, hmm. I don't know, the Superman statue is overpriced also. When a statue like WW84 sold at, if I remember correctly, $1,899 with a similar ES, how is this costing more? Sure, global recession etc. but during pandemic times are we really that much worse than when that and Harley Quinn (Especially Harley Quinn, dentures, multi-fabric design, tattoos!) cost less than this?

I adore JND, I think for any fault they have are definitely drowned out by the many, many pros. The closest to this statue that I own is the Arthur Fleck, which you can definitely say he just looks like a frumpy old man, but the quality that they bring goes past a statue, such as Arwen, being 'plain'. There's definitely an elegance to this, and as an ethereal beauty that was portrayed in the film, the stature, the fabric when caught in the light, the silicone and portraits soft features etc. for any fault the portrait may have, whether it'll be changed or not, and in my opinion there's enough of a likeness of Liv Tyler as Arwen, this will be an incredibly beautiful and sleek statue to own.

But that price point, compared to what they've offered for more, amidst a pandemic and global recession still, well the faults may start to weigh more.

You do the math and an edition size like this for that price point, making a cool 2million, and absolutely over a mill profit on this, surely the price should be lower, even with the current climate.

Incredible statue, but yeah, the likeness is off.

The price, hmm. I don't know, the Superman statue is overpriced also. When a statue like WW84 sold at, if I remember correctly, $1,899 with a similar ES, how is this costing more? Sure, global recession etc. but during pandemic times are we really that much worse than when that and Harley Quinn (Especially Harley Quinn, dentures, multi-fabric design, tattoos!) cost less than this?

I adore JND, I think for any fault they have are definitely drowned out by the many, many pros. The closest to this statue that I own is the Arthur Fleck, which you can definitely say he just looks like a frumpy old man, but the quality that they bring goes past a statue, such as Arwen, being 'plain'. There's definitely an elegance to this, and as an ethereal beauty that was portrayed in the film, the stature, the fabric when caught in the light, the silicone and portraits soft features etc. for any fault the portrait may have, whether it'll be changed or not, and in my opinion there's enough of a likeness of Liv Tyler as Arwen, this will be an incredibly beautiful and sleek statue to own.

But that price point, compared to what they've offered for more, amidst a pandemic and global recession still, well the faults may start to weigh more.

You do the math and an edition size like this for that price point, making a cool 2million, and absolutely over a mill profit on this, surely the price should be lower, even with the current climate.
I agree.

The likeness is I think the best rendition of Liv Tyler Arwen to date (I mean, the last one we have is the 1/6 asmus one.. and the likeness on that one is.. well.. :slap )

But the price point for this one is just crazy. I'm thinking really hard now. The local seller here marked up the PO price $800, which add more pain!

Really hate to be that guy, I find it a bit underwhelming. I donā€™t know what I expected, I just find it a little bland and the likeness a bit off. At that price, and with their previous female statues, I dunno I just expect something more.

Yeah, itā€™s nice but thereā€™s something off in the likeness. I think itā€™s the eyes.

I'm almost relieved because there was a 99% chance I would've bought it if it was perfect lol. I think I'll skip it, with some superheros I can take a generic or off likeness since it's more about the look of the character, but I like LOTR too much to do that here lol. It's getting a bit funny to me that they keep using "hyper real" when most of their stuff looks sort of stylized.

I'm relieved too - there was a 75% chance I would of bought the statue if the likeness was spot on.

That being said, this is the best representation so far of Liv Tyler in statue/figure form. It looks really good, depending on the angle.

Arwen is more of secondary character in LOTR and I would second guess myself dropping two-grand; however, as a Liv Tyler fan since the mid 1990s (Aerosmith's Crazy music video), I would have been really tempted.

It's getting a bit funny to me that they keep using "hyper real" when most of their stuff looks sort of stylized.
It's all marketing talk to appeal to their fans. I don't get why they didn't make her more interesting with a different outfit like her green/blue ones and a headpiece to give her more than just someone that looks a bit like liv Tyler standing there in a white dress

I think JND just like to be a bit different also. It can work, it can also be a bit annoying.

Like, just... Just do the conventional version. I like Arthur Fleck, but do the version of Joker in the elevator or after shooting Murray. do Arwen, but not in boring white slow walk towards you version, but silver/grey cloaked riding to your rescue etc.

I think they are still in the mindset of proving themselves in their quality - so stripped back plain and basic. I cant attest, the quality in hand is incredible, it's that next level that nothing else really is, but the statue as a concept itself doesn't have to be different also and basic to showcase the varying levels of skill.

I was never going to get this, but with the portraits being varying degrees within the 90% mark they should really hit the conventional portrayal sometimes.

They don't need to prove themselves anymore, their pieces sell out. Just make the more conventional version of a character, and make it well.

Anyone else count down to when James Park is going to say "let's JNDize!" like I do? You always know it's going to happen when he starts talking and the build up to that odd slogan. It makes me laugh every time :LOL:

I'm relieved too - there was a 75% chance I would of bought the statue if the likeness was spot on.

That being said, this is the best representation so far of Liv Tyler in statue/figure form. It looks really good, depending on the angle.

Arwen is more of secondary character in LOTR and I would second guess myself dropping two-grand; however, as a Liv Tyler fan since the mid 1990s (Aerosmith's Crazy music video), I would have been really tempted.
I remember first seeing her on the Empire Records cover in a movie catalog my parents got, I'd definitely buy a good statue of any 90's Liv Tyler! lol
It's all marketing talk to appeal to their fans. I don't get why they didn't make her more interesting with a different outfit like her green/blue ones and a headpiece to give her more than just someone that looks a bit like liv Tyler standing there in a white dress
I agree, and even for this white dress, I don't think they tailored it very well, certainly not to "hyper real" standards lol. But they do seem to know their fans well, I wonder if this will also sell out super fast, or if the backlash is a bit more this time.

Last edited:
I agree, and even for this white dress, I don't think they tailored it very well, certainly not to "hyper real" standards lol. But they do seem to know their fans well, I wonder if this will also sell out super fast, or if the backlash is a bit more this titime.
I see a lot of people saying the face is a miss but the rest looks great so who knows

They've definitely JND-ifyed her, for better or worse!

Well, aside from Arthur Fleck, this is at the bottom of the rung of not selling out quickly.

Wonder if they'll have it available for order on their site for a while.

Back