JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1/3 is a lot more noticeable in quality drop off than 1/6 imo
Yes, but imho providing the same quality / detailing as the prototype is harder in 1/6 than in 1/3, it needs more micro-skills :) So each has its own difficulty... But, we are not even sure it will be done by the same people doing the 1/3 statues.

If you’re worried about spending this kind of money, then you should not buy it. No one should convince you to make a 1-2k purchase. If you’re scared of the price tag then no matter what the final product looks like will soften the blow. Be content with the IA & simply move on to the next character.
I'm considering pros and cons, it is not black and white. Money is just one factor and as I said I'm considering if it is worth for me. I did not came here to have someone convince me - just collecting the others' thoughts and points about the figure to be able to make my decision considering as many factors as possible - e.g. as I mentioned lot of people here know screen accuracy much better than me, or the tech, or JND 1/3 products etc. Of course everyone assigns different weight to each point so the outcome differs... I wish JND started 1/6 with a franchise that I am less fond of :D

Haha no worries man, everyone here knows how I feel about Ledgers Joker so I’m in the same boat. I’ve purchased every version since the DX11 including customs that equate to much more than the option C here. Unfortunately it’s a shot in the dark no matter who says what. However, it’s like that with every release, no matter the brand, no matter the scale. If you like the character enough, you buy it. If you feel like you don’t need it then you skip it. New tech has always put people on edge until they begin to understand it. If anything should reassure you it’s that this is Kojuns first release in his line and it happens to be the number one selling custom ever done, with a ballsy price tag to match. I’m certain he will do his very best to see this through. If people are hesitant to support one of the most iconic characters in the hobby, then the final product will determine the fate of this line, no doubt about it.

Last edited:
It's hilarious that JND is telling people to not look for comparisons for the smiling sculpt.... like they know it's off. He simply never looks like that when smiling. If they aren't making it accurate to HL then wtf is the point? No one wants artist interpretations.

View attachment 678718

Found the source.

tumblr_mrfg51KCaK1r777meo1_500.gif

Last edited:
It's worth noting that because of how the sculpt is designed, it can't be turned at the base of the neck like your standard sculpt. You have to stretch that silicone to tilt his head in any direction

Yeah, the only picture that gives us a hint of what the neck looks like extended is this one below -- a bit unnatural the way the neck bends to shift forward.

odd neck bend.jpg

Still, I suppose its better than the plastic neck with no texture, uniformed Adam's apple and separated head gap.

But this may not look so pretty on a figure with open shirt, like Indy. More work needed.

The Wonder Woman looks good. Much better than the droopy faced Catwoman and buck toothed Harley they did.

Production.

That video shows off how well Mera came out unlike the obviously bad pics of her that were shown earlier in the thread to purposely try to prove that the JND stuff is always a downgrade from the production. Not saying that JND are infallible as I've been critical of some of their pieces in the past. That said, the latest show and tell of their Platinum Wonder Woman really blew me away, and if they can keep up that level of proto to production, I don't think anyone should be worried about their order for 1/6 Joker.

Last edited:
I'm excited how production will turn out since JND is constantly improving. That WW looks great. And I'm sure they wouldn't want to dissapoint the 1/6 community. Can't wait to see future the updates on display.

It's funny to me still how people in YT or facebook complain about the product not lasting, when 20-30 years or more is a very long time. Let's say worst case around 20 years, when you are 60 that is still 1/3 your whole life. Hot toys DX11 was around 2013 and is heavily outdated during this time, and it hasn't even been 20 years. If you think this will be a one and done figure for the rest of your life for the "best" Joker TDK that is definitely not happening. This will be one of the best Jokers for a while until the next one comes along. This is just the nature of the hobby and how companies make money.

And of course, using common sense such as leaving your figure in a good climate, not going crazy with the posing with help the longevity. And those who say it's supposed to be constantly moved, its the same analogy as the HT spiderman figures. HT advertises it as a very flexible figure sure, but we all know leaving it in dynamic poses will crease or damage the suit overtime. Same thing here, we can move it, but be very cautious with the neck.

You have to understand this company is what?? Three years old with Arthur Fleck being the first thing they’ve made? This is an outstanding final product.

It doesn't matter they are 3 years old, they have produced good work from the beginning. The Arther was good, their gold armored Wonder Woman turned out good and their upcoming Christopher Reeves and Amber Heard looks like it could end up being good too.

That doesn't stop the fact that their original Ledger Joker had a bad likeness, their Catwoman looked melted and their Harley had bad teeth.

If they're going to charge the prices they do and start off from day 1 as a luxury premium brand, they need to be more consistent. They themselves have come into the game labelling themselves as "the ultimate", so 3 years or not, they need to live up to it with every release with all the bragging they do as a company. They don't get a free pass for being new, sorry. They talk a big game and charge BIG prices, they need to deliver the goods.

Last edited:
I hear you, you don’t have to tell me how bad that 1:3 Ledger is, I’m aware, it hurts to look at every time. The point I was making is they’re on an upwards trajectory, just as every brand should be after their first couple of releases. Everything lately has been up to par.

Leaning towards the single figure. While I'm not as critical about the smiling sculpt, I can't justify the extra $ since I already have the InArt 2-pack. The dogs are kind of cool though. I should probably pull the trigger soon though. For whatever reason things seem to be selling out faster these days.

That smiling sculpt is turning more and more into Val Kilmer every time I see it.

it does look really weird the more you look at it. While not outfit/scene accurate, the opening bank scene smile would have been nice to see done. Would have been something slightly different and new compared to all the customs doing the Interrogation laugh and hit me.

giphy.gif

The smiling sculpt if off because his upper face has a more frustrated expression along with the intimadating eyes, the lower portion looks fine. If they relaxed his forehead and not made him so creepy it would have looked much better. He isnt smiling with his eyes!! I would have got the option B if they made him more like this.

IMG_5034.jpeg

Back