JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The eyes on their statues are pegged in place with a peg attached to the eye, not 100% that’s what will be implemented here or not.

The body isn’t silicone to our knowledge as they make no mention of it. Only arms that stop before your elbow joints, and the sculpt with attached chest / clavicle, which is ideal to help the shirt have something to rest on and not press into the gap due to standard neck pegs. Will make futzing the suit a dream. Think of it like a HT Spider-man suit, don’t leave any part of the silicone in a contorted position for extended periods of time, that should go without stating. You should only pose the neck in a way to accentuate Ledgers mannerisms, not pushing it to its limits like they’re showing you here. That’s just to show you what it can do, not what you should do repeatedly. You’ll be able to pose the body just fine, as much as you’d like, only pose the silicone once in a while and be sure to adjust it back to its original state. This thing won’t disintegrate in front of your eyes for no reason, keep your collection out of the sun and in a climate controlled space.

In this close up video it appears they have mastered the tech, but it’s hard to say for sure without having a look at both eyes simultaneously. It doesn’t appear to be trying to pop out at all.

Last edited:
This is a good catch. But wouldn't then the reversed polarity push the other? Or we are not close enough to that? With all that being said I am a bit afraid of accidentally going too close with the controller and picking out the eye...

Or simply the eyes have a metal piece. Doesn’t mean the eyes have magnets.

edit: scratch that. That doesn't really work either.

Last edited:
The body isn’t silicone to our knowledge as they make no mention of it.
Well, that would be reassuring - but it's a bit lame that we don't know these details even though the preorder is up. I think I've seen photos about a metal skeleton inside the body, but maybe that was in one of Kojun's customs only. It would be good to know for sure.

Zero information on a body type. We don’t know if they’ll go a Frankenstein Phicen body type, a traditional body similar to InArt & HT, or a completely new one built in house from the ground up. As production begins and they start announcing the other releases scheduled for this line next year we’ll definitely have a bit of our questions answered I’m sure.

I’ve come to a conclusion. I’m keeping my InArt Joker and not going to buy the JND one anymore. The fact that the JND one is more likely to break due to the silicone is really putting me off and I also live in Sydney Australia which gets ridiculously hot and humid every year and I’m sure will get worse as the years go on and that just gives me less hope of how long this figure will last. Another thing is the weapons not being metal and licensed. That was one of the main things that got my attention from InArt. Its insane they went that above and beyond, they even gave bullets for the guns for gods sake so I think its time I be humble with what I have before I buy something else that will end up breaking in the long run

Last edited:
Let them pose the head/neck and leave it. Watch what happens.

That’s probably why they over sculpted the grandpa neck. So when it does start to stretch and crack you won’t be able to tell because it was always wrinkly and raisin like.

View attachment 679447
It's worth noting that because of how the sculpt is designed, it can't be turned at the base of the neck like your standard sculpt. You have to stretch that silicone to tilt his head in any direction, and chances are you're going to be compelled to do so for such a dynamic character. But will you at risk of being paranoid? Is this only intended to be posed for a quick photograph? Will it hold over extended periods of time? Or will the constant stretching wear out the material?

It'll be a figure that will stay in museum pose for the entirety of its life for whomever buys it. Literally a statue but in 1/6 with a warning label stating JND isnt responsible for any tears due to posing or normal collector handling expected at this scale.

I’ve come to a conclusion. I’m keeping my InArt Joker and not going to buy the JND one anymore. The fact that the JND one is more likely to break due to the silicone is really putting me off and I also live in Sydney Australia which gets ridiculously hot and humid every year and I’m sure will get worse as the years go on and that just gives me less hope of how long this figure will last. Another thing is the weapons not being metal and licensed. That was one of the main things that got my attention from InArt. Its insane they went that above and beyond, they even gave bullets for the guns for gods sake so I think its time I be humble with what I have before I buy something else that will end up breaking in the long run

Great decision, in my opinion. Not because the JND Joker is a "bad" piece (as I don't think it is), but because at some point, we need to try to be satisfied with what we have. I'm as bad as the next guy, grasping for the "latest / greatest" widget - and it's an endless cycle of chasing rainbows. At some point, taking back control, not being manipulated by FOMO and hype, and sticking with the decisions we've made, is the path to satisfaction. I think the InArt piece will satisfy a large number of collectors, same as the HT piece.....I think this JND product will attract a different kind of customer.....and that's ok. Although there's been some "banter" on here, both positive and negative - ultimately, all 3 versions are off the charts great, and which ever version a person chooses, they're going to be satisfied!

It'll be a figure that will stay in museum pose for the entirety of its life for whomever buys it. Literally a statue but in 1/6 with a warning label stating JND isnt responsible for any tears due to posing or normal collector handling expected at this scale.

100% agree - I know my 1/6 figures lead a, more or less, static life - and that's true for everyone I know who collects. I only ever met one guy, personally, who "played" with his figures for photography purposes - and honestly, I'd say his main hobby was photography with 1/6 taking up a support role, second place interest.

I'd be surprised if many people really play with these figures in any meaningful way, based on how expensive and fragile most figures are.

Anyone worried about proto to production, this video really highlights how great the production pieces come out. In some areas no drop of quality, in others better quality. Can't wait to get this in Jan!

I feel like the only person youre trying to convince is yourself lol
In regards to which part, it looking good or being as good if not better than the proto?

Can safely say I genuinely think that 👍 no convincing needed.

If people don't think that then that'll be another reason not to risk getting the 1/6 Jokor. That's their call.

I think there comes a point though when all the people not liking any of JND's stuff, but particularly this Jokor, still feel the need to come and liven up this thread, whilst posting nowhere near as much in their preferred Jokor thread, that highlights more to me that there's some self-convincing - not talking about the thing they bought but needing to justify their purchase by bringing another down.

Have you ordered one @TheBatman?

In regards to which part, it looking good or being as good if not better than the proto?

Can safely say I genuinely think that 👍 no convincing needed.

If people don't think that then that'll be another reason not to risk getting the 1/6 Jokor. That's their call.

I think there comes a point though when all the people not liking any of JND's stuff, but particularly this Jokor, still feel the need to come and liven up this thread, whilst posting nowhere near as much in their preferred Jokor thread, that highlights more to me that there's some self-convincing - not talking about the thing they bought but needing to justify their purchase by bringing another down.

Have you ordered one @TheBatman?
Not yet. I want to see production first before shelling $1k.

Anyone worried about proto to production, this video really highlights how great the production pieces come out. In some areas no drop of quality, in others better quality. Can't wait to get this in Jan!

It seems to have come out quite nice 😀 - if I'm being honest, I'm not enthusiastic about the wibbly wobbly silicone body....I was hoping the under-structure was going to be far more substantial than it looks in the video. As the statue was rotating, you could see the arms shaking with the vibrations of the turn-table.....don't get me wrong, it's a statue, so it only has one job! But I hate it when something appears to be needlessly fragile.

After this piece, I'm intending to take a long break from JND products....I'm excited by what Blitzway is doing, and especially as they're not going down the silicone route....originally I had hope in Queen Studios, as they were leaning hard into polystone, with rooted hair, etc....but they chickened out, and are going down the silicone highway for future pieces 😕.....

Not yet. I want to see production first before shelling $1k.

So it's a worry about the silicone or drop in quality?

Do you genuinely not think, if you compare the proto pics for the 1/3 JL WW and the overall piece in the show and tell video that the production came out at least on par with the proto?

I'm curious which parts you think didn't if so.

It seems to have come out quite nice 😀 - if I'm being honest, I'm not enthusiastic about the wibbly wobbly silicone body....I was hoping the under-structure was going to be far more substantial than it looks in the video. As the statue was rotating, you could see the arms shaking with the vibrations of the turn-table.....don't get me wrong, it's a statue, so it only has one job! But I hate it when something appears to be needlessly fragile.

After this piece, I'm intending to take a long break from JND products....I'm excited by what Blitzway is doing, and especially as they're not going down the silicone route....originally I had hope in Queen Studios, as they were leaning hard into polystone, with rooted hair, etc....but they chickened out, and are going down the silicone highway for future pieces 😕.....

Is that the 1:1 scale for the silicone they're doing? I think let the hobby take you where it takes you within your boundaries for sure.

Yeah, I have to say when I saw the arms wobble I had a bit of a question mark. In their launch video, if I remember correctly, I think they said they created a new formula of silicone for these types of statues, so the assumption I made is not as soft as previous ones, a bit more firm instead. It probably is, but it did look more wobbly than I would have thought.

Will see how it is when I get it. The paint and detailing on the skin is beautiful, though. This statue as 1/6 would be absolutely incredible.

Is that the 1:1 scale for the silicone they're doing? I think let the hobby take you where it takes you within your boundaries for sure.

Yeah, I have to say when I saw the arms wobble I had a bit of a question mark. In their launch video, if I remember correctly, I think they said they created a new formula of silicone for these types of statues, so the assumption I made is not as soft as previous ones, a bit more firm instead. It probably is, but it did look more wobbly than I would have thought.

Will see how it is when I get it. The paint and detailing on the skin is beautiful, though. This statue as 1/6 would be absolutely incredible.

No, it's not the 1:1 (that promise seems to have died a death) - it's for their new 1/3 scale Marvel Line. Apparently, going forward Queen is going to focus on 1/3 statues and Busts - and for thier 1/3 scales they're going with silicone portraits (obviously, where relevant)....I have their 1/3 Catwoman on Batpod - and I'm looking forward to see how it stacks up with my JND Catwoman....in terms of detailing, realism, etc.

I still believe there's a place for resin and polystone at the very high end of hyper realistic statues - I'm not accepting that it has to be silicone all the time, if ever. I reminds me of the biking industry, where everything had to be carbon fibre or it was "low end" - absolute B.S. just to push another way for false product development, and drive higher prices....I see the same thing in statues, and now in 1/6 - I know, in custom made figures, if you can get the paint apps done well, you can get a resin or polystone sculpt to look as good, if not better than silicone.....I'm hoping, no praying, that Blitzway proves that for mass produced statues as well.

Just to be 100% clear - I'm not anti silicone. I have Faith in the material (some might say, blind faith)....but even I don't want to put all my eggs in one basic 😉 - so I'd prefer to have a nice mix of materials (hint: my bikes are steel, titanium and aluminium)

The "drop in quality" level in 1/3 does not reassure me that much that the same will happen for 1/6. It gives me some hope, but that's all.

I think most of us here who make some critics about this figure (including me) are commenting because we still have not decided yet, and try to share our points. It is important to see that while InArt was a risk too, they were a smaller risk since the only new tech was the rooted hair - and we already seen mass produced rooted hair coming out good (Gandalf, of course ymmv). Here we are betting the double the amount which was already expensive for most of us on a figure that has a lot of new techs, this is why we are thinking this much before pulling the trigger. I could totally understand though the need for the latest and greatest tech, I am similar too, but this price level definitely makes me think if I need it that much...

The "drop in quality" level in 1/3 does not reassure me that much that the same will happen for 1/6. It gives me some hope, but that's all.

I think most of us here who make some critics about this figure (including me) are commenting because we still have not decided yet, and try to share our points. It is important to see that while InArt was a risk too, they were a smaller risk since the only new tech was the rooted hair - and we already seen mass produced rooted hair coming out good (Gandalf, of course ymmv). Here we are betting the double the amount which was already expensive for most of us on a figure that has a lot of new techs, this is why we are thinking this much before pulling the trigger. I could totally understand though the need for the latest and greatest tech, I am similar too, but this price level definitely makes me think if I need it that much...
1/3 is a lot more noticeable in quality drop off than 1/6 imo

If you’re worried about spending this kind of money, then you should not buy it. No one should convince you to make a 1-2k purchase. If you’re scared of the price tag then no matter what the final product looks like will soften the blow. Be content with the IA & simply move on to the next character.

Back