JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait -- the InArt grenades are better? The JND look pretty detailed. My InArt grenades are still in the box.

I love the JND have the hook for the ring in their rig. Did anyone else do that?
JND are more accurate, I just don’t see them being metal like the InArt are, hope I’m wrong! We need metal accessories for this price point. More than likely will use the JND grenades, just like the use of “authentic” materials. The new HT has one but it isn’t accurate.

8FD4E863-483E-490D-BF96-011FB7EA70B0.jpeg

Real metal trumps accuracy? Hmmmmm.... I can't agree there. I'd go for accuracy every time.
Definitely doesn’t trump it, I followed up with saying I’d end up using JND although I’d be tempted by the metal.

Real metal trumps accuracy? Hmmmmm.... I can't agree there. I'd go for accuracy every time.
Same here. That's why I'm saying, while rooted hair is more innovative in principle, I still prefer the glued hair because it looks more natural to my eye.

Same here. That's why I'm saying, while rooted hair is more innovative in principle, I still prefer the glued hair because it looks more natural to my eye.
I love custom hair when done well, but for this character it’s impossible to glue it and retain the thin roots Ledger had. This route will open the door for more accuracy. They just need to get it thinned out like this and we’re there.

68BEBF5B-A6F3-4AD0-892A-946D3637CC0B.png

I love custom hair when done well, but for this character it’s impossible to glue it and retain the thin roots Ledger had. This route will open the door for more accuracy. They just need to get it thinned out like this and we’re there.

View attachment 679406
The paint is what's impressed me the most actually. It looks like make up smeared over a human's face. Inarts looks a little flat, whereas Hot Toys' paint appears too stylized rather than randomly applied

HT's is accurate for the mob look, the black makeup is not faded in his default/mob look.

JND is a bit too faded tbh. The eye makeup, drips and squiggly bits should be a bit darker/sharper.

Last edited:
Mostly comes down to the surface paint is applied. I’m still interested to see one of these get a custom paint job. Not that it’d help much but has anyone seen their 1:3 get a repaint? Who said Queen 1:4 had the best likeness?

BD897C5A-3514-40E1-A57E-D8EED3DF9263.jpeg

61AB1912-6C33-4E89-A2DE-F4D4F886E02E.jpeg

Last edited:
Another photo, taken professionally.
Thanks!

I agree if you don't see the likeness on pictures, it's probably not for you. Even taking lens distortion into account. However I find capturing the paint job on head sculpts very hard. If what concerns you is the paint, I think taking that risk is justifiable. I have always been pleased with my decision, even if the photos I saw weren't convincing with their paint.
JND has been hit or miss with head sculpts, but their paint jobs are impressive. Especially for the releases after TDK Batman, that's when they started applying a new technique for painting skin color. Recently they've been also delivering with their sculpts by matching with their prototypes.

I own the rooted InArt and I'm very happy to have it. I also have HT Artisan on PO, because I find the likeness to be better than InArt's. However the likeness on JND's Joker is superior than what both are offering and the paint job on the head sculpts looks fantastic. The price difference is quite big, but at least you're getting what you paid for, the best representation of the Joker yet. Everyone has to decide for themselves if it's worth it or not.

For that reason I think this Joker won't disappoint. At least not me.

Seems that what matters to many collectors is determined by what they're committing to purchase rather than what they decided in advance truly matters.

JND potentially not having diecast weapons and accessories, no problem. Should we conclude that the lack of diecast is not an issue as long as its accurate?

I hope InArt is taking notes and saves themselves the trouble of making diecast weapons and accessories in future but I'm guessing if they actually do that there'll be howls of InArt is downgrading their releases, going cheap and dirty, they're no longer premium etc. from all corners of the collecting community.

So does it matter or not? If it doesn't actually matter why should any company waste time and resources developing diecast weapons and accessories?

JND never mentioned anything about the figure being numbered despite being a limited release. I would expect them to do the same with their 1/3 line by including some sort of certificate of authenticity.

Would you care if it wasn't numbered?

Seems that what matters to many collectors is determined by what they're committing to purchase rather than what they decided in advance truly matters.

JND potentially not having diecast weapons and accessories, no problem. Should we conclude that the lack of diecast is not an issue as long as its accurate?

I hope InArt is taking notes and saves themselves the trouble of making diecast weapons and accessories in future but I'm guessing if they actually do that there'll be howls of InArt is downgrading their releases, going cheap and dirty, they're no longer premium etc. from all corners of the collecting community.

So does it matter or not? If it doesn't actually matter why should any company waste time and resources developing diecast weapons and accessories?
Me personally I love the fact the weapons are diecast and the way they went above and beyond getting the real licensing just took it to the next level if you ask me. That’s one of the reasons why I’m still on the fence with getting the JND figure and another being that the sculpt won’t last a lifetime

Me personally I love the fact the weapons are diecast and the way they went above and beyond getting the real licensing just took it to the next level if you ask me. That’s one of the reasons why I’m still on the fence with getting the JND figure and another being that the sculpt won’t last a lifetime
Same here, its part of the experience handling real metal weapons and accessories because it adds to the illusion that I'm actually handling a scaled down Joker. Material choices do matter as they enhance the experience and maybe silicone will enhance the experience for JND's release so credit where its due if they pull it off well

I already own metal M76 & knife, the grenade pose isn’t the definitive look I plan to do personally, so while it would be a bummer to not receive diecast, it really doesn’t effect me either way they go.

359566D5-B49C-4467-B8C6-972113118F11.png

8F9C73D0-95FE-40CD-9A0F-C284A4831448.png

I love the metal as long as it's practical. I think the m27 is on its own a spectacular piece (and I feel bad about not using it, but I prefer other displayss) . The grenades on the other hand are too heavy. And the jail cell diorama is overkill. And yet the shoes are not fabric. It's not a bad approach. But they are mismanaging their priorities.

Back