JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 679093

Let's talk bases, I think personally JND and HT are tied, but JND feels more statue or premium like. So JND>HT>Inart.
Inart is simple but they could have done something more interesting than a flat purple base.

Man, InArts can't catch a break. Even their base is **** now :lol

Looking at that photo, I think I'm going to end up owning all of them when it's all set and done. They all have things that I like and don't like, but there's something about a NEW Ledger Joker figure that makes me want to get it. It's like a drug.

here we go batman GIF

Funny thing about accuracy with tailored clothing in movies is that there are some made more loose to accommodate for action sequences and then there are some made for photoshoots or scenes with less movement. There are different sets with different fits. I think where a piece of clothing ends is not representative as the definitive accuracy unless it is so off the mark.

dd1d09282dc5878982d8efe6aacc23b3.jpg

Man, InArts can't catch a break. Even their base is **** now :lol

Looking at that photo, I think I'm going to end up owning all of them when it's all set and done. They all have things that I like and don't like, but there's something about a NEW Ledger Joker figure that makes me want to get it. It's like a drug.

here we go batman GIF
You can for sure make THE ultimate joker figure. For me personally I've never owned a JND statue so I'm curious how the silicon technology would be like. I cancelled my Artisan Joker and now have made the big decision to see how this figure turns out.

If Yuan studio gets his hands on making custom JND paintwork, that would be crazy😳

Do you all think the sculpt will have problems in the future being silicone?
Cinemaqutte was one of the first higher end statue makers doing silicone in 1/3 and I’m pretty sure it was an inferior grade silicone. Also thing those are still doing well and that was 2000’s. Tech has gotten better so I wouldn’t worry tbh but unfortunately only time will tell.

8 bills for ONE figure featuring a portrait that isn’t quite 100 percent to the actor.

As well as the companies statues not living up to the proto…

…Yeah I’ll pass on this and wait for the tech to mature and get cheaper.

Rubbish....sorry, but that's pure BS. JND might be many things, but they are a company that delivers on two key points, CONSISTENTLY! 1) They deliver on time or slightly ahead of the promised date, and 2) They deliver as good as, or better than their prototypes. Anyone who States otherwise has either never owned a JND piece, or is a straight up liar.

People bum rush JND for their likenesses, their pricing, their arrogance, their design choices, or their accuracy......that's mostly all subjective, and fair game. But the on time deliveries to direct customers, and WYSIWYG to the prototype? That's solid. With JND, if you like the prototype, you can order with confidence.

JND attracts a lot of noise. The biggest problem are the "Dreamers" - who have zero self control, and end up pre-ordering a statue where they have issues with the prototype. These clowns then take to social media begging JND to make changes and tweaks to suit their needs. JND (Rightly) ignores these clowns - and this is where a lot of people get the impression JND is arrogant and doesn't listen to feedback.....when the truth is: JND is basically saying, "here's our product, it's the best we can do, take it or leave it" - for those that take it, you're going to get what you pre-ordered.

Will JND make design changes after the release? Honestly, yes, they sometimes do. They might make some minor tweaks to colours - but that's it. While some collectors might see that as a downgrade, in most cases, to most reasonable people there's no way you'd equate those minor shade differences as a "drop in quality" - that we expect from almost every other manufacturer out there.

Rubbish....sorry, but that's pure BS. JND might be many things, but they are a company that delivers on two key points, CONSISTENTLY! 1) They deliver on time or slightly ahead of the promised date, and 2) They deliver as good as, or better than their prototypes. Anyone who States otherwise has either never owned a JND piece, or is a straight up liar.

People bum rush JND for their likenesses, their pricing, their arrogance, their design choices, or their accuracy......that's mostly all subjective, and fair game. But the on time deliveries to direct customers, and WYSIWYG to the prototype? That's solid. With JND, if you like the prototype, you can order with confidence.

JND attracts a lot of noise. The biggest problem are the "Dreamers" - who have zero self control, and end up pre-ordering a statue where they have issues with the prototype. These clowns then take to social media begging JND to make changes and tweaks to suit their needs. JND (Rightly) ignores these clowns - and this is where a lot of people get the impression JND is arrogant and doesn't listen to feedback.....when the truth is: JND is basically saying, "here's our product, it's the best we can do, take it or leave it" - for those that take it, you're going to get what you pre-ordered.

Will JND make design changes after the release? Honestly, yes, they sometimes do. They might make some minor tweaks to colours - but that's it. While some collectors might see that as a downgrade, in most cases, to most reasonable people there's no way you'd equate those minor shade differences as a "drop in quality" - that we expect from almost every other manufacturer out there.

I made that comment based on photos in this very thread. The retail products just don’t look that good to me. The most recent Battinson looks like an improvement over past statues, I’ll give them that.

Edit-

I don’t need to own these to form an opinion. These pictures are plenty enough:

IMG_1351.jpeg
IMG_1350.jpeg
IMG_1353.jpeg

IMG_1354.png

IMG_1355.jpeg

IMG_1356.jpeg

IMG_1352.jpeg

IMG_1357.jpeg

If you own their pieces and are ready to die on that hill defending them, that’s cool.

But IMO these…are just not that great. Apologies to those that own these and like them.

Last edited:
I dont know if I should buy this or not. That price point is gut wrenching and I already own an InArt joker too. Should I sell the InArt and pay extra for JND or just be happy with what I have? The metal accessories are keeping me pretty happy with InArt but I’d also like a real rooted figure in my collection too

I'm seeing ppl agonize over whether to keep their InArt 2 packs or Artisan POs and I'm just glad I can confidently say I'm just keeping my single pack sculpted InArt for now lol

I had a brief moment when I considered the JND A-Type but honestly that sculpt just isn't doing it for me. Maybe it's the positioning of his eyes in the photos but he doesn't look menacing to me, almost bored and unfocused.

If I'm dropping $800+ on one figure I'm gonna make sure I have zero doubts that it perfectly represents the character. This doesn't IMO so I'm good.

Cinemaqutte was one of the first higher end statue makers doing silicone in 1/3 and I’m pretty sure it was an inferior grade silicone. Also thing those are still doing well and that was 2000’s. Tech has gotten better so I wouldn’t worry tbh but unfortunately only time will tell.

Here's the Cinemaquette high end silicone 1/3 figures. I think the Reeve was produced in 2010. Not sure about the Indy.
IIRC the 2010 price on Superman was $2K.

Attachments

• 1_42c40cee74d032e51768462e8b8045e7-1.jpg
    1_42c40cee74d032e51768462e8b8045e7-1.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 1_42c40cee74d032e51768462e8b8045e7.jpg
    1_42c40cee74d032e51768462e8b8045e7.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 0
  • number20_1.jpg
    number20_1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 0
Here's the Cinemaquette high end silicone 1/3 figures. I think the Reeve was produced in 2010. Not sure about the Indy.
IIRC the 2010 price on Superman was $2K.
Yeah, that was the staple back then haha. I don’t think current owners have had any issues with the silicone. I personally don’t have any but before P1, their Predator was the best mass produced piece out there. Industry has come a long way but the point being silicone isn’t a new tech but the tech has come a long way as well since early 2000’s. I went to SDCC in 2006 and I think they had already released some figures prior to. Besides, I’m sure before any issues with silicone arise, another company will have made something better lol. Costing more too. Just shows you how in 10-11 years from DX11 how much the industry and artistry as a whole has improved. Whatever you get this or not, everyone entitled to their opinion but the bar has been set and these are obviously selling out so as a company why price lower? Expect $800+ ‘high end’ figures from JND moving forward.

This thread really highlights a lot about high cost items for any type of thing to be honest.

Have to say, the argument for 'I already own Jokors therefore this is boring and bad' doesn't really hold up. Such an idiocentric view, especially when coupled with: 'I can justify buying a 1000 dollar almost identical two-pack because the quality is so much better than that bad 300 dollar Hot Toys version, which is inaccurate and lesser quality, but don't judge my version the same way I did theirs!'

But suddenly, when another company offers a two-pack, with new materials and tech, for a couple hundred more, suddenly anyone who sees the worth of paying that extra quality is too much.

Genuinely there'll be collectors who own a Hot Toys Joker of some kind and say the exact same stuff about Inarts... Where's the quality that justifies paying 600-700 more than Hot Toys? We all get to gauge that - and yeah, price is important, but the gatekeeping of price that reflects quality of worth is a bit hypocritical.

At this stage in the game, it's like paying a grand more on a hi-fi system, a lot of people won't appreciate or even see such a worth in paying more for what they see to be unrecognisable or the miniscule differences of quality, even though they do exist. But to those who do care about even those slight differences, it's worth paying more.

I don't see the appeal of paying a lot of money to have 20 different accessories that'll never be used. I don't see the appeal of owning x amount of different characters and spending a lot on a different array, I'd rather a small collection with better quality.

But the irony of people judging others purchases or what they spend when they've already paid 1 grand on a just pretty good set, now dictating the cost of worth is a bit much.

The judgement of 'you paid this much for that you mug? I'd never do that!' and then paying 1k for their Jokor set plus an extra 1-2k a year for other figures... Get a grip, that's the real hypocritical elitism, justifying a slightly cheaper purchase whilst spending a lot more money on other products.

From the outside other people would be laughing at all of us for paying even 100 quid on a collectible toy. But this isn't unique to just this hobby, but this thread has to be the worst. I remember critiquing the Inart Joker before release, and being told to stop as I already expressed my opinion and it was raining on the parade - this thread is full of the same people, either buying or not, continuously berating people who are getting it or bashing the product.

Seems to me people are justifying their prior purchases.

I made that comment based on photos in this very thread. The retail products just don’t look that good to me. The most recent Battinson looks like an improvement over past statues, I’ll give them that.

Edit-

If you own their pieces and are ready to die on that hill defending them, that’s cool.
But IMO these…are just not that great. Apologies to those that own these and like them.

You've formed an opinion based on extremely loose evidence. You're making the classic mistake of comparing studio quality photos with - and I know I'm going to offend some people - monkey's taking photos with a potatoe camera. It's the difference between seeing Scar Jo in a movie after post makeup and editing vs seeing her in harsh light with mud in your eyes. The overwhelming majority of "in-hand" photos are taken by over enthusiastic owners, who don't account for lighting, lens distortion or any other image effects.....

And that's what you're forming an opinion on.....now, don't get me wrong, as bad as the owners photos are, the Studio photos are also taken under "perfect" conditions - conditions you're unlikely to replicate in your own - real world - environment.....so, a lie, compared to another lie.....the reality is, you need to see these pieces in the flesh, with your own eyes.

I get it, these are expensive, so buying one without being able to vet it beforehand is a risk......but, that doesn't make your assumptions correct.

And yes, I will die on that hill - because unlike you're second hand conclusion, my own experience was won by taking the "risk" and finding out first hand.

This thread really highlights a lot about high cost items for any type of thing to be honest........... [more text]

Great post, I agree with you on every point. I think we're all guilty of that hypocritical thinking to a greater or lesser degree.

I get the feeling your post was aimed squarely at veteran 1/6 collectors (which makes sense, as we're discussing a 1/6 figure).....but I want to just give a slightly different perspective.

I'm coming from the statue collecting side of things, (I only own 18 figures, mostly military pieces) - and as such, I don't really care what HT puts out. That said, and coming from the statue arena - seeing "my" companies like Queen and JND start to move towards 1/6 was, potentially the break I needed from those hyper expensive statues.....as a statue collector, I believed that Queen and JND were moving in that direction, because they'd wrung dry the statue community and were feeling the effects of a downturn in people's willingness to buy their expensive pieces.....these 1/6 figures were supposed to be the new affordable format for high end figures......oh, how foolish I was......instead, I see these companies, whose pricing caused so many statue collectors to tap out, transfer their game straight over to 1/6.

That's my complaint - and my warning to you 1/6 figure collectors. You're letting in the devil guys, and this isn't going to stop. Some might imagine this crazy pricing will be limited to InArt and Kojun Works.....trust me, HT and all of the others WILL follow. And what was once a reasonably affordable hobby, will be out of reach for many......proceed with extreme caution.

I'm surprised that the same people that bashed the InArt Joker and suggested going the $5k+ custom Joker route even ordered this one....... They know who they are.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

and ill absolutely bash and critique this one just as much.

inart, hot toys, jnd, get the same amount of critique for their flaws, even custom work can get flaws. everything has flaws that needs to be mentioned or said, but doesn't mean i won't buy it because its a character i like

Edit-

View attachment 679106
View attachment 679107
View attachment 679108
View attachment 679109
View attachment 679110
View attachment 679111
View attachment 679112
View attachment 679113

that is my arthur fleck, i own it and i admit the hair is not the best same for the paint compared to the prototype. it just sucks terribly for larger scale statues that the products gets tossed around in shipping or they arent putting nearly enough product in their hair like inart does or if they're not styling the hairs properly in their earlier works. a lot can be improved on their earlier pieces. but needless to say, I've seen worse arthur flecks that exist with how the hair is and how high they made the hairline. the one thing to me that especially kills inart pieces are how they handle the hair. it just cant be protected or maintained during shipping and i hope that is something they're able to improve upon.

i don't care how you get the heads to us, just get it styled and keep it styled from point A to B

So many words and paragraphs, yet no substance in any of it. What a waste of time.

Here’s the bottom line boys, the JND Joker doll has the least amount of value. That is what is being discussed. Mosy people see that for what it is. Anyone that says differently is being disingenuous and purposely obtuse.

If you got one, great. I would get off the forum that discusses this thing though because you’re going to be in an endless defensive battle from now till when it ships.

Back