JND Studios 1/6 scale Heath Ledger Joker figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX08 is still in HT's Top 3 best figures ever made.
Oh absolutely. It's my favourite figure ever. Something about is just so special to me personally no matter if i got the objective greatest 1/6th figure ever made, even if it gets a 2.0, the original would still be my favourite.

The dogs look ruff! The whole silicone thing bothers me. Sure some gets used for special make-up effects, but, it's peeled off and discarded after the movie wraps. Medical grade silicone, the vast majority of that ends up encased in a breast, so, how it holds up being exposed to detolf lighting for many years remains to be seen. I'm sure Nikita from your local Spearmint Rhino will be happy to tell you how hers are holding up!

AB1BD75D-643C-41CF-8E68-7BE38649FCAE.jpeg

They are absolutely killing it with the teeth on this release between the Rottweiler & Ledger.

I actually got Goblin in November, looks great in hand. You order Black suit Parker?
I will eventually, i haven't actually ordered goblin I'm just waiting for him to come into stock lol. I wanna get goblin, red suit spidey and black suit spidey and i think that would probably be it for collecting until they put out something else i like.

That’s sick, but I completely understand how stressful the currency and mark up is for you guys in Australia when it comes to this hobby.

You got the extra salty chocolate chip cookie this morning, didn't you.

Anyway, I'm glad that you think your expensive double pack is worth more and better than my expensive double pack.

Now let's make up. I'll let you squish my joker face when it comes and break some fingers, free of charge, JND got me covered anyway.

I want to take his face . . . OFF

1702749688580.gif

View attachment 678960View attachment 678961

I don't know how people don't see a difference. It's clear the price is messing with how people are perceiving this.

It'd be interesting if you took both prices away how people's perception would be to what is better etc.

Regardless, looks like its sold out and the line will continue with other characters. Doubt the price will change significantly, but I hope JND's approach does.
Because price is important. When it's on the shelf, from regular viewing distance, it won't look noticeably better than other figures. The sort of detail they are adding needs to be at least quarter scale to be truly appreciated.

I don't mind a company like JND making figures for the super rich. My concern is InArt and Hot Toys trying to keep up and before long every figure is over 1k. That's not good for 95% of collectors.

That’s sick, but I completely understand how stressful the currency and mark up is for you guys in Australia when it comes to this hobby.
Yeah tell me about it 💀 i got my inart joker figure months after everyone else did, paid 1600 AUD and the day i got it hot toys dropped pics for theirs 😭. The price is probably relative to US just converted rather than an insane mark up, but i see it as more money lol. Looking back, not worth 1600. Still love the figure, but not that price.

People don’t like it because they’ve already spent $1k on IA.
I think the real reason is the price tag for something we've now seen over and over. Not to mention the concerns of cracking etc.

I do also agree a little bit with you but for the price tag I felt you got more with inart not just a silicone gimmick, I can appreciate this from a distance.

Think most are really forgetting that this is the 1000th Joker we've seen. It's just not exciting for 90% of the collectors out there. They're burnt out of it. Just watch the difference in reception they'll be when JND announces something new like a Raiders Indy. People are gonna be drooling over that and will gladly put down $1000-$2000+ for it since no company has touched it outside of Hot Toys doing only an old man version of him in the last 11+ years. Instead of seeing comparison pictures with 2 other recent INART/Hot Toys figures, you're gonna see people pointing out what a huge difference there is to the DX05. The same way people were comparing INART to Hot Toys DX11.

The majority of collectors just don't give a **** about this version having a better coat button or better stitching here and there to put down another $1000-$2000 for it. The majority will not see the valve there. Especially when all of these figures will be up on some shelf 10 feet away from us. The difference needs to be huge for most to consider it at this big of a price difference. The same will happen if JND does Gandalf after what we just got from INART. Sure, it might be slighter better in accuracy here and there but is there enough for most to justify putting down $1000-$2000 after what we got with the $500 version? Most will say no, the same way they're saying no to this. This is in no doubt a great looking figure. Most aren't even disagreeing with that. They just think the price is crazy all things considered.

And I guess we can kiss that Indy dream goodbye with the rumor being that their next figure will be yet another Bale Batman/Armory and young Harry Potter trio. :monkey2

Think most are really forgetting that this is the 1000th Joker we've seen. It's just not exciting for 90% of the collectors out there. They're burnt out of it. Just watch the difference in reception they'll be when JND announces something new like a Raiders Indy. People are gonna be drooling over that and will gladly put down $1000-$2000+ for it since no company has touched it outside of Hot Toys doing only an old man version of him in the last 11+ years. Instead of seeing comparison pictures with 2 other recent INART/Hot Toys figures, you're gonna see people pointing out what a huge difference there is to the DX05. The same way people were comparing INART to Hot Toys DX11.

The majority of collectors just don't give a **** about this version having a better coat button or better stitching here and there to put down another $1000-$2000 for it. The majority will not see the valve there. Especially when all of these figures will be up on some shelf 10 feet away from us. The difference needs to be huge for most to consider it at this big of a price difference. The same will happen if JND does Gandalf after what we just got from INART. Sure, it might be slighter better in accuracy here and there but is there enough for most to justify putting down $1000-$2000 after what we got with the $500 version? Most will say no, the same way they're saying no to this. This is in no doubt a great looking figure. Most aren't even disagreeing with that. They just think the price is crazy all things considered.

And I guess we can kiss that Indy dream goodbye with the rumor being that their next figure will be yet another Bale Batman/Armory and young Harry Potter trio. :monkey2

Yeah I don’t think anyone is debating that the regular JND Joker looks good, it does, questionable materials be dammed, but in terms of value there should be no argument.

If JND really goes for TDK Bale Batman and Harry Potter, that’s pretty foolish. Go for Terminator or Indiana Jones.

I think the real reason is the price tag for something we've now seen over and over. Not to mention the concerns of cracking etc.

I do also agree a little bit with you but for the price tag I felt you got more with inart not just a silicone gimmick, I can appreciate this from a distance.
All understandable concerns, but we don’t buy a car in the hopes that it doesn’t become outdated, you could buy a 2024 model and by November the 2025 could have way more innovation than the one you purchased, get your use out of it then trade it in for an upgrade, can’t be mad at it because it’s inevitable, it’s damn near happened with any of these collectibles.

Then I would just wait in anticipation until that figure you really want gets made by them, for myself & others, it’s Ledgers Joker. Although now I need this innovation on a Nicholson Joker from them even though I have the yunsil suit coming. No need in telling the world how exhausted you are at seeing another one be made, those feelings weren’t here when Inart announced theirs, regardless of the time that elapsed since it was previously attempted.

Then I would just wait in anticipation until that figure you really want gets made by them, for myself & others, it’s Ledgers Joker. Although now I need this innovation on a Nicholson Joker from them even though I have the yunsil suit coming. No need in telling the world how exhausted you are at seeing another one be made, those feelings weren’t here when Inart announced theirs, regardless of the time that elapsed since it was previously attempted.

JND couldn’t afford Nicholson’s likeness rights. Neither can Queen Studios.

Dark Knight Trilogy / Ledger Joker license is cheap, if it wasn’t, all these companies wouldn’t be making him. Same thing with Lord of the Rings. Everyone and their grandmother is producing that license.

It does cheapen things a bit, the more there are.

Then I would just wait in anticipation until that figure you really want gets made by them, for myself & others, it’s Ledgers Joker. Although now I need this innovation on a Nicholson Joker from them even though I have the yunsil suit coming.
And again, that's fine. The same way you and @GaryPool love this figure, others are free to express their disappointment in it. There's nothing wrong with either thing happening here. Who gives a **** what you do with your money.

Like @DiFabio just said, there's no denying that the standard Joker figure here looks great. Most can clearly see that. I myself would be all over that sculpt if they sold it separately. Hell, I have Aries + Wonder's outfit on order and would have gladly paired it with JND's sculpt. But most are just not gonna see the valve or necessity in putting down $1000+ for what you get here with INART/Hot Toys being so close to it.

Then there's also the fear that the production version won't match this prototype. That in combination with silicone being untested has a lot of people wary on it. What if it starts to rip apart in 3-5 years? What if the production is downgraded heavily? There's a lot of uncertainty there that's keeping people away tied with the high price. I'm sure it'll be better once they get a figure or two out.

I myself have pointed out my multiple disappointments in this figure in this very thread. It’s still fantastic.

Back