JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hopefully it's the angle of the photo, but in the second pic the head looks a bit undersized. I'm planning to sell the golden armor version, but if this doesn't come out right I'll keep it and cancel.

If you don't mind me asking - do you make a profit or take losses on these big ticket items?

For shipping, do you bake the expense into the price or have the buyer pay? Shipping is so expensive without commercial rates.

The T2 Darkside bike statue that I received recently from SSC was 80+ lbs, that must be several hundred dollars if I wanted to ship that somewhere.

I have several JND and larger scale statues and don't know what to do with all the big boxes since they take up so much space in my garage and basement. Tempted to throw away and reclaim that space.

I don't intend on selling them but God forbid if I ever need to sell or move, it would be difficult to sell or move the statues without the original packaging.

I'm in the same boat, I'm excited to see the production pieces but I sort of wish the statue was further delayed into 2024 so I can kick the can down the road on making the final $2K payment (i only put down the deposit). :lol
Haha - Well, at least you've secured one. At the time this went up for PO, I wasn't making the transition away from 1/6 like I have been this year, so I wasn't sure about ordering one. I'm on the waitlist everywhere that I know of that has a waitlist though so fingers crossed.
I have several JND and larger scale statues and don't know what to do with all the big boxes since they take up so much space in my garage and basement. Tempted to throw away and reclaim that space.

I don't intend on selling them but God forbid if I ever need to sell or move, it would be difficult to sell or move the statues without the original packaging.
that's definitely one of the bummers about these large scale statues. It's not that I can't afford them (thankfully I'm blessed enough that I can now), but the boxes eat up soooo much space and I've never been one to just throw out art boxes or even shipper boxes. It would drive my OCD nuts plus the worry about something breaking in transit should I need to sell and not have the original box.

If you don't mind me asking - do you make a profit or take losses on these big ticket items?

For shipping, do you bake the expense into the price or have the buyer pay? Shipping is so expensive without commercial rates.

The T2 Darkside bike statue that I received recently from SSC was 80+ lbs, that must be several hundred dollars if I wanted to ship that some

The Golden Eagle WW version goes for quite a bit in the secondary at the moment. There are knockoffs out there, but a far cry from the genuine. For other pieces I expect to either break even or take a small loss. Producers have increased prices quite a bit over the years and the market has become pretty saturated, so most pieces barely hold their value or dip slightly following release. Then you have to factor in shipping. That’s why you don’t see nearly as many flippers speculating these days. I’m planning to trim the collection and sell about 50 statues in the next few months, which is going to be quite a pain. For the larger pieces I bake in the shipping and only ship to the continental US. I when possible I prefer if the buyer can pick up in person so that there are no surprises. I have a few customs that are in ridiculously huge boxes that I simply won’t ship period. While it is a pain, I recommend keeping the boxes. I learned early not to throw away boxes. I didn’t realize folks expected both the art boxes and the shipping boxes, so I do have a few pieces that don’t have shippers.

I learned early not to throw away boxes. I didn’t realize folks expected both the art boxes and the shipping boxes,
As someone who tends to buy used statues, I will say, I usually don't give ones without the artbox a second look once the listing says "no art box included" even if they say they'll ship with enough protection and have had X amount of successful sales. Shipping box doesn't really matter to me, as sometimes manufacturer shipping boxes can sometimes be a little flimsy.

I know not everyone is like this, though, and I could just be the exception and not really the rule; but, just giving my 2 cents from my own personal buying experience.

Last edited:
Never throw away the boxes, the shipper takes the same amount of space and protects the art box even if you don't plan on selling. Is also annoying having to make a box if you need to send it anywhere, which I did recently as I'd already used the shipper for something else

Based on the latest video, they're in the silicon QC stage on this piece, then assembly in December, followed by final QC. Shipping to begin at the end of December. Daniel mentioned that they've added more detail to the skin and reworked some of the hair for production to look more natural. Production sample unboxing video to be sometime during first 2 weeks of December.

WW info starts at 2:22

Never throw away the boxes, the shipper takes the same amount of space and protects the art box even if you don't plan on selling. Is also annoying having to make a box if you need to send it anywhere, which I did recently as I'd already used the shipper for something else
Agreed on that for sure! I had to make a shipper for my Sideshow Rinzler maquette when I decided to sell it as the original shipper got water damage and that was a pita to do.

Last edited:
Looks like she'll be shipping at the end of the month. Rumors are production piece "show and tell" video will be sometime next week

1702545561489.png

Looks like she'll be shipping at the end of the month. Rumors are production piece "show and tell" video will be sometime next week

View attachment 678484

Been waiting for the final production sample reveal before paying off the balance at JND.

Got the notice to make my final payment last month - the email threatened the deposit would be lost if the payment was not made prior to the statues shipping out.

Show & tell video is out. I think this is their best piece to date and given the price, it really should be. It looks incredible though to my eyes and much better than the proto. Pretty cool that they’re also including a holder for the shield for a slightly alternate display

Last edited:
Show & tel video is out. I think this is their best piece to date and given the price, it really should be. It looks incredible though to my eyes and much better than the proto. Pretty cool that they’re also including a holder for the shield for a slightly alternate display

Over the moon with this. Definitely looking to be their best yet. A very simple statue but there's a lot of interesting things going on. Those colours are sublime, the shine of the blue on the skirt and the metallic gold's and silver with the bronzed reds, will definitely be an attention grabber.

Did you order this one Gipetto?

Over the moon with this. Definitely looking to be their best yet. A very simple statue but there's a lot of interesting things going on. Those colours are sublime, the shine of the blue on the skirt and the metallic gold's and silver with the bronzed reds, will definitely be an attention grabber.

Will you be displaying the shield on the arm or base?

The arm and shield seemed to be shaking while the statue was being spun on the video, which gives me the impression that it's not very strong to support the weight.

This statue may not be for everybody (especially the price) but I'm happy with how WW turned out. Some of the more realistic skin folds on the back and knees/elbows I've seen in statue form.

Paying this off later today.

The arm and shield seemed to be shaking while the statue was being spun on the video, which gives me the impression that it's not very strong to support the weight.

This statue may not be for everybody (especially the price) but I'm happy with how WW turned out. Some of the more realistic skin folds on the back and knees/elbows I've seen in statue form.

I paid my (two pieces) off last week, in advance of the video - definitely was a leap of faith I tell you....I'm glad this piece has turned out so well.

Hopefully this will push the price down on the WW84 piece 😀 which I'm hunting for.

Nah. I wasn't a big fan of the proto initially but eventually came around to it a couple months ago. I got on the WL at Spec and Comic Concepts so we'll see. Also depends on what money is like when they do begin to ship. It's a gorgeous piece for sure, but also not sure I need Gal's WW at this scale. With Superman being my favorite superhero, it makes sense to have the Reeve set and Cavill statues. I don't want to go wild with JND in the way I have with 1/6 figures in the past. Also, now knowing that I'll have to pay import tax on the two I have on order, I'll be careful on who I decide to order directly from JND and or just go with a US retailer for future pieces.
Yea, I noticed the shakey arm in the video as well. I wish they would do a more substantial, non articulated "skeleton" inside to help it in a similar way that TBLeague does their silicone bodies.
Yea the detail on the skin is darn right incredible. Looks pretty much 1:1

Last edited:

Not too sure, will wait in hand to see which looks better, but it's nice they included that base for either option.

It'll definitely support the plastic shield. My Arthur Fleck holds the die cast gin pretty well, although I did know it once and it chipped the floor a little, so I'm happy it's plastic. Not to mention the handles seem to grip it rather than the hand holding so it will hold pretty well I imagine.

Yeah that skin is incredible. They really got the anatomy of Harley Quinns legs and Wonder Woman's spot on in a realistic fashion, when there's light showing the shadow you can really see the subtle musculature. I think the arms are that way as better support to be honest as well, if it were more rigid and you knocked the arms I can see more potential for a also more rigid wire damaging the silicone.

I paid my (two pieces) off last week, in advance of the video - definitely was a leap of faith I tell you....I'm glad this piece has turned out so well.

Hopefully this will push the price down on the WW84 piece 😀 which I'm hunting for.

I might sell mine, I'll let you.know if I do decide. Not sure I'd need two of the same character in 1/3.

For sure! Message me and we'll try to work something out.

Definitely, I'll know when JL WW comes in, got to say, seeing the gold reflect natural daylight makes me want to keep her, but I'm limited on space.

Either way I'll send you a PM - are you UK based?

Definitely, I'll know when JL WW comes in, got to say, seeing the gold reflect natural daylight makes me want to keep her, but I'm limited on space.

Either way I'll send you a PM - are you UK based?

I'm a hop and a skip over the channel, in mainland Europe - nothing a car drive can't sort out 😉

Back