JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Youā€™re right, itā€™s the color smear. Catwoman had it too.

Yeah it may not be the lips themselves that's the problem but the reddish area around them. As it looks like she just got done sucking face with Steve Trevor or something. šŸ˜„
I think they've done research on what looks more attractive and this look won, or they can't figure out how to have a clear line between lip and face

Well, this being up still on BBTS and SF for preorder is a telling sign... I ordered her through BBTS due to the lower deposit, but I am having buyers remorse already which is not a good sign :/

I think the brisk "sell-outs" on the JND site are more a product of retailers grabbing their pieces than actual fans buying them.

Yeah. I always consider the Sell Out the first wave which is primarily for rich people who can instantly throw money directly through JND and the retailers who can front the money and probably brokered reserving certain allocations. Retailers putting it up with payment plans is the second wave. If this sits at retailers for the next week or two, I hope JND release another video addressing some of the ā€concernsā€ in the community. As a huge fan of this particular Wonder Woman, I thought this would be a no-brainer but I am firmly on the fence still. Hereā€™s hoping we hear from JND because they are SO close to perfection on this one for me.

Well, this being up still on BBTS and SF for preorder is a telling sign... I ordered her through BBTS due to the lower deposit, but I am having buyers remorse already which is not a good sign :/

I think the brisk "sell-outs" on the JND site are more a product of retailers grabbing their pieces than actual fans buying them.
That JND "sellout" is just to create panic buying elsewhere. Most of their previous releases that sold out fast at JND direct were available months after at retailers.

I am torn on this one also. It does not look quite good enough for the money, but then neither did their Catwoman in the pics and in hand it turned out much better.

I think it is just the $4,000 price tag. I can get a full slicone life size bust
For the exact same price, just like the QS Thor or Cap, and those are quite a bit
More impressive and larger pieces.

I am starting to hit a collectors wall at my age with the pricing these companies
Are putting out there, and I cannot stomach buying anything retail anymore, because
Most stuff I used to collect from Hasbro and Mattel, etc. is all overpriced garbage.

Perhaps I should just stay in my Hot Toys lane and forget everything else.
Things like these JND pieces make the $300+ norm of Hot Toys seem like a bargain, lol.

From videos I've seen, JND just need to copy their own entire WW84 head, improve the skin texture just a little bit to match the body. Then, just add the tiara and BOOM, you've got your GG JL WW.

When there's people Um'ing and Uh'ing about a should be top tier holy grail piece from videos and pictures, that's not a good sign. This statue has to be "Platinum" perfect not Gold, Silver or Bronze and this should make the owners in 1.5 years time go "That's Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman!"

If you don't mind me asking, what made you decide?

Not at all, I just don't see the pricetag here.
$4,000 for a 1/3 statue is just pushing over the limit of what I can see paying for a statue, and with not really having anything DC in my collection outside of the Hot Toys JL set... I am just going to stick with those. Upgrade my Wonder Woman to the 84 version (if that ever actually makes it out) and get Cyborg.

I wonder if theyā€™ll make a ā€œstep downā€ version. They said they wanted to try new things with the platinum not just more silicone. Other than silicone, What were those new things that made it so platinum?

First time seeing the portrait. Who is that supposed to be? It's so off that HT GA WW looks closer to Gal. I'm sure the material is great, but to me the likeness is not even remotely close.

First time seeing the portrait. Who is that supposed to be? It's so off that HT GA WW looks closer to Gal. I'm sure the material is great, but to me the likeness is not even remotely close.
It's definitely not perfect, but to say it isn't remotely close and the little HT is better is ridiculous.

Last edited:
It's definitely not perfect, but to say it isn't remotely close and the little HT is better is ridiculous.
He's talking about likeness. Obviously we can tell who JND's is meant to be, but hot toys did look better in terms of likeness. At least of the proto

I agree with dino, infinity did the best likeness, it's better than the Queen 1:1 bust or any version

I just don't understand what people are saying, how you can possibly think this doesn't look like Gal Gadot is crazy, you pull photos from different angles and every angle is her. 3/4 profile, side profile (especially the side profile, which is usually the weakest part of a portrait)... I think the price point is blurring some vision here.

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.18.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-10-05 at 7.19.20 AM.png

In terms of the busts. I have a natural disliking for them anyway, I haven't ever seen a bust I think doesn't belong in a Partymania Halloween costume store. The price for an oversized head doesn't justify that price point for me personally. I can easily see how something like this, a whole person, with more going on, a smaller canvas to get details onto, and just a more finessed overall product carries the price point.

I still don't really understand the price hike - if it's not about more silicone used. The R&D into assembly and production as well as new silicone mixing is the only think I can think of. But in that case moving forward for the next Platinum, now that research is done there needs to be a lot more going on.

Either way for me I'm stoked to be getting this when it's out. I hope they don't change the portrait too much, it's basically bang on there.

But to say WW84 has the better likeness, come on now...

h1407lyp60981.jpg

I think one of the issues in terms of giving this statue a fair judgement is the success of the JND WW84 which received universal praise and retailed for $1900.

Is the new version worth the asking price. For me no, but I am torn if any JND release has been worth the price and I have 4.

I think the new WW is almost there in terms of likeness but as someone mentioned it does have a look of Natalie Portman from some angles. Overall a beautiful piece but just not for me

You need to see a JND piece in person to pass a fair judgement as they have a knack of capturing the characters essence and character like no other company can.

JND are definitely not for everyone but the vast majority who own them are very happy.

Unfortunately, within any collector community we have the over the top fans and the harsh criticism. The only people who matter are the ones who buy it and then decide if they are happy with their purchase

In terms of the busts. I have a natural disliking for them anyway, I haven't ever seen a bust I think doesn't belong in a Partymania Halloween costume store. The price for an oversized head doesn't justify that price point for me personally. I can easily see how something like this, a whole person, with more going on, a smaller canvas to get details onto, and just a more finessed overall product carries the price point.

I still don't really understand the price hike - if it's not about more silicone used. The R&D into assembly and production as well as new silicone mixing is the only think I can think of. But in that case moving forward for the next Platinum, now that research is done there needs to be a lot more going on.

Either way for me I'm stoked to be getting this when it's out. I hope they don't change the portrait too much, it's basically bang on there.

But to say WW84 has the better likeness, come on now...
The fact you have a natural disliking for busts is irrelevant to the issue of whether a likeness is accurate. Like I said, the HT proto was closer, rather than that pic you posted. If you think this JND is spot on then you will enjoy their final product, as they do deliver and there won't be a drop off in quality like other companies. The likeness is very off though for myself and many others

hot_toys__mms577__wonder_woman_1590151280_88163c56_progressive.jpg

Back