JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JND can’t nail likenesses for what they charge. Sure they’re the best made statues and quality is unmatched but at one point people should demand more from them for likeness versus best in class lol. These are 1/2 and now bust pricing for again 1/3 scale. Too much to not nail this at even 90%.

I still don't really understand the price hike - if it's not about more silicone used. The R&D into assembly and production as well as new silicone mixing is the only think I can think of. But in that case moving forward for the next Platinum, now that research is done there needs to be a lot more going on.
Same here. I just hope JND doesn't try to pull something out of their ass to warrant a similar price hike for their Cavill Superman.

Yes I’m not understanding the whole platinum thing either, especially when their whole line is already a luxury brand.

JND is doing what any company does at this juncture—testing market value. This is a new category. When they released WW they set a price based on where they thought the market would respond. They sold briskly and created quite a bit of excitement. They then saw what happened in the secondary. That let them know that the market cap was higher (not secondary prices of course, but certainly a couple of hundred dollars higher at least). So prices increased from $1,900 to $2,000, to $2,100 to $2,200… $2,500 and the statues still sold out. And while there may be some inflationary factors driving the the price increases, most of that additional margin was pure profit. So now they come out with a platinum line with a $3,100 price tag plus shipping, which sold out on their site but for now can be secured through several online retailers. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what Platinum is supposed to mean, but JND says it’s because the exposed skin will be in silicon, which is no doubt more complex and expensive than fabric over resin or plastic arms and legs and may be pretty cool. However, for the price I still think an extra portrait would have been cool. $3,600 (SpecFiction) is likely my ceiling. The only other JND 1:3 scale characters I’m planning on picking up are Superman and Batman (which hopefully will be less since they will have fabric covered arms and legs) then I’ll drop back down to 1:4 and 1:6 scale, unless JND were to get the 1:3 Marvel and/or Star Wars license. That said, while I do think the WW84 portrait looks nicer, I don’t know how anyone can seriously be knocking this one. I’m sure it will look sensational in hand and she’s in the classic costume. I would have been perfectly fine if these were 1:4 scale for 2/3 the price but right now those don’t exist. I did briefly consider the 1:1 busts, which are pretty much the Rolls-Royce of movie collectibles, but they’re too large for me and the prices are getting up there.

Last edited:
JND is doing what any company does at this juncture—testing market value. This is a new category. When they released WW they set a price based on where they thought the market would respond. They sold briskly and created quite a bit of excitement. They then saw what happened in the secondary. That let them know that the market cap was higher (not secondary prices of course, but certainly a couple of hundred dollars higher at least). So prices increased from $1,900 to $2,000, to $2,100 to $2,200… $2,500 and the statues still sold out. And while there may be some inflationary factors driving the the price increases, most of that additional margin was pure profit. So now they come out with a platinum line with a $3,100 price tag plus shipping, which sold out on their site but for now can be secured through several online retailers. I’m still trying to figure out exactly what Platinum is supposed to mean, but JND says it’s because the exposed skin will be in silicon, which is no doubt more complex and expensive than fabric over resin or plastic arms and legs and may be pretty cool. However, for the price I still think an extra portrait would have been cool. $3,600 (SpecFiction) is likely my ceiling. The only other JND 1:3 scale characters I’m planning on picking up are Superman and Batman (which hopefully will be less since they will have fabric covered arms and legs) then I’ll drop back down to 1:4 and 1:6 scale, unless JND were to get the 1:3 Marvel and/or Star Wars license. That said, while I do think the WW84 portrait looks nicer, I don’t know how anyone can seriously be knocking this one. I’m sure it will look sensational in hand and she’s in the classic costume. I would have been perfectly fine if these were 1:4 scale for 2/3 the price but right now those don’t exist. I did briefly consider the 1:1 busts, which are pretty much the Rolls-Royce of movie collectibles, but they’re too large for me and the prices are getting up there.
The price hike like you said due to collectors willing to pay the prices asked. It will be interesting to see how much non-exposed JND Platinum 1/3 will cost compared to this JL WW.

Everything is increasing in price worldwide and they're forecasting a worldwide recession. How will this affect the economy and consumer earning and spending.

The price hike like you said due to collectors willing to pay the prices asked. It will be interesting to see how much non-exposed JND Platinum 1/3 will cost compared to this JL WW.

Everything is increasing in price worldwide and they're forecasting a worldwide recession. How will this affect the economy and consumer earning and spending.
JND already attracts a more wealthier type of collector. I imagine even during a recession it will be the more unaffected wealthier type of buyer that will still have no issue paying those prices regardless of the state of the world.

If I was a millionaire I'd buy this piece and the infinity studios Wonder Woman bust even at their inflated prices

It's probably to early to ask this, I was wondering if this will go up in asking price/value after everyone that has received their orders and it turned out to be great in likeness?
The likeness won't change, JND don't think there's anything wrong with it

WWJND.jpeg

325317188_3217487028561579_1020405931559746261_n.jpeg

100% Gal Gadot for me. No issues whatsoever, if I get this shipped to me I'll be freaking over the moon and chuffed to bits. Wow, what a statue. I compeltely love what JND are doing but this is hands down just the best WW I've ever seen as a collectible. The pose is striking, the likeness is at the bare minimum 95% or more, the colours are bold, can't wait to have this and Superman together.

I have this on pre-order at SpecFiction. Todd has given me permission to see if anyone wants to take it off my hands. Let me know.

She looks great! Likeness looks to be stronger there in those pics than the original proto pics imo. Sucks that it might be shipping before the end of the year only b/c of the holidays, but if some become available, I may just bite.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's the angle of the photo, but in the second pic the head looks a bit undersized. I'm planning to sell the golden armor version, but if this doesn't come out right I'll keep it and cancel.

She looks great! Likeness looks to be stronger there in those pics than the original proto pics imo. Sucks that it might be shipping before the end of the year only b/c of the holidays, but if some become available, I may just bite.

I'm in the same boat, I'm excited to see the production pieces but I sort of wish the statue was further delayed into 2024 so I can kick the can down the road on making the final $2K payment (i only put down the deposit). :lol

Back