Jessica Rabbit PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would entertain the idea of this statue but the waist just kills it for me. I think it looks ridiculous. Maybe more photos will make it look better.

The waist looks perfect to me....

Jesswaistcomp.jpg

The waist looks perfect to me....

Jesswaistcomp.jpg

Sure it looks fine in cartoon form but when it is modeled it does not look as good. Yes I understand it is based off of a cartoon but with the current photo it does not replicate as well as I would like.

Well, the preview is officially up now and the problems have been magically photoshopped away!!

Yes, the official post is looking much better, tho I'm still not sure yet that the line around her waist doesn't mark the spot where the top half is painted and the bottom half is fabric. With any luck I'm wrong.

As for the waist width, it is fairly thin, but then it always was and we are seeing it from the side, should be a bit thicker front on.

interesting tidbit about Roger Rabbit

Way back when they were making the original movie, they wanted cartoon characters from Warners as well as there own Disney characters. WB said no way. Disney contacted Speilberg, told him what was planned and Speilberg basically went to WB and using his clout told them to do it. Since he, and a couple others, were the ones responsible, they got a cut of the take from the movie. Steven Speilberg owns half interest in the Roger Rabbit Character. Therefore, every time Roger makes an appearance at any Disney Theme Park, Spielberg gets his two cents worth. Disney got tired of doing this. He wanted more. Etc, etc. That's the main reason there has been no sequel to the movie. Everybody wants their 2 cents and Disney doesn't like sharing. So, for the foreseeable future, no more Roger Rabbit charaters at Disney Theme Parks. I miss him too.

OMG I am Loving this statue! They did such an awesome job with this. I have a Jessica Rabbit website and know the character Very Well. Her proportions do change a little during the movie. Her waist, hands and feet were quite small, they did that because the director didn't want people to think they just animated over a real woman. They got everything so well on this PF - the lips, the hair, the eye, the rounded shoulder - all such a great job on such a difficult character.

Yeah, I'm double posting, what of it? :D

I'm just going to have to get her. IF Sideshow releases the ex with a print, I'll get the regular at a local retailer. If she has something more, like a mini Roger (omg wouldn't that be awesome?) I'll sell some organs and order her.

this looks like a must buy for me.

This is going to be interesting how this figure stands up, since her heels/feet are super tiny. I wonder if there will be some sort of "prop" that supports one of the legs.

uhm, i have a "prop" that could support her legs...

Hubba hubba! What a hot looking PF. Might have to seriously consider this one for my collection. I've always liked the character design.

Yeah, I'm double posting, what of it? :D

I'm just going to have to get her. IF Sideshow releases the ex with a print, I'll get the regular at a local retailer. If she has something more, like a mini Roger (omg wouldn't that be awesome?) I'll sell some organs and order her.

So far they have been good at not adding a print to the exc for Disney statues...hopefully that continues..I'd still get the print, but I don't care for prints at all, usually they stay in the box or I sell them...although I would probably display hers.

as much as a Roger would be awesome, That is a large add on, maybe an extra $100 easily....I'd buy it, but don't know if they would do it, maybe they will release it as a stand alone piece.

I see the ex as a mic and stand, a pink dress, or a change o top part of her body, that cease from the sneak( that was covered up) makes me believe it could be a different head and arms..but that is a long shot.

So far they have been good at not adding a print to the exc for Disney statues...hopefully that continues..I'd still get the print, but I don't care for prints at all, usually they stay in the box or I sell them...although I would probably display hers.

as much as a Roger would be awesome, That is a large add on, maybe an extra $100 easily....I'd buy it, but don't know if they would do it, maybe they will release it as a stand alone piece.

I see the ex as a mic and stand, a pink dress, or a change o top part of her body, that cease from the sneak( that was covered up) makes me believe it could be a different head and arms..but that is a long shot.

I was thinking a mini Roger. nothing big. But again, for a print or something along those lines, I'll get her later on and get the reg. This way I save where I can.

A change of arms seems underwhelming, I'm hoping it would be something like a littte polystone Roger doll, a mic stand or something?

well more than just her arms, from the crease it looks like the entire top part of her body could be removed like Gollum/Smeagol.

I'd rather wait for a 1:4 Roger than to receive a mini roger imo.

well more than just her arms, from the crease it looks like the entire top part of her body could be removed like Gollum/Smeagol.

I'd rather wait for a 1:4 Roger than to receive a mini roger imo.

Yes, a mic stand would good as an Ex, tho would that work without a change of arm and maybe even head (hence the whole top half). I'm more hoping that crease around the waist is just another prototype 'flaw' and that the whole dress is all fabric and one piece.

That aside, I'd then much rather a match 1/4 scale Roger PF down the line then a mini roger Ex.

Yeah if it is one piece, she definitely is not holding the mic, but it could still be on the base...I just don't know what else could be the exc...I am baffled, and anticipating the full reveal BIG time!

Back