Jerry Vanderstelt Star Wars art

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my print yesterday. This print is spectacular. I love how Jerry's work has so many different scenes and details that you can't stop looking for when you see his art.

I already framed it. I refuse to pay $150-$200 to get it custom framed, I'd rather spend that money on another print. So I did this myself, already had a 24x36 glass poster frame. Print is 24x32. So I was sort of limited in my options, Michaels didn't have any larger frames, so I ordered a custom matte to cover only 0.5 inches on the sides and 2.5 inches on top/bottom. A little asymmetrical, but I think it turned out pretty good for about $40 in material/labor. I haven't hung this one yet.

IMG_3100copyLarge.jpg
IMG_3095copyLarge.jpg

Here was the first frame job I tried. It is a little off center, but more difficult to do because print was rolled and wouldn't flatten. Regardless, the artwork is fantastic.

IMG_3051Large.jpg

IMG_3096Large.jpg

If anyone has a line on the yoda print, please contact me.

Last edited:
thanks scott!

Also, finally got my SWS shipping notice, my prints will be here in a few days.

Anyone missed out on the CV ESB print and want to trade me for any other SW Vanderstelt print? I have one extra to trade.

Mesa--That print came out great---I also have a glass frame 24x36--and now I know what to do with it.
Is that a certain color of blue that you used?

Will Sideshow release a Glicleé of this like the other works?

No, plus sideshow has nothing to do with the art part of SW. Anything that would get done would be done by Acme Archives but they arent going to do reproduce any of these. Lucasfilms would not approve Acme redoing any of the Celebration prints.

How much are the Vanderstelt Celebration prints (ANH, ESB) going for?

I have a Alamo Drafthouse Let The Right One In poster for trade :monkey3

Mesa--That print came out great---I also have a glass frame 24x36--and now I know what to do with it.
Is that a certain color of blue that you used?

Sorry for not getting back to you Avfin, didn't see your question till nearly 2 months later (i.e. now). It was just the generic navy blue available at the closest Michael's. I do notice that sometimes they run out of colors. I'm still waiting for an orange or purple matte to become available so I can frame the Chevas Fett print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my recent JV acquisitions

IMG_3229Large.jpg
IMG_3235Large.jpg

Re: Jerry Vanderstelt Star Wars art DELETED SCENE ROTJ

Hi Guys.

I just finished a new ACME Archives piece based on the lost deleted scen from ROTJ. This piece will be available in January:

Knightofpassage.jpg

Thanks for lookinn'

JV

Schwing! Love the "lost" lightsaber construction scene, Jerry. It was one of the highlights of CV seeing that scene for the first time. I remember coming back down to the floor and discussing it with you. Now to see what you did with it.... GOOSEBUMPS!

Clearly an aweomse choice for a giclee!

Last edited:
That looks really cool. I see a nice little homage of Lord of the Rings in there, too ;) haha

Re: Jerry Vanderstelt Star Wars art DELETED SCENE ROTJ

Hi Guys.

I just finished a new ACME Archives piece based on the lost deleted scen from ROTJ. This piece will be available in January:

Thanks for lookinn'

JV

That is very cool... great job.

Back