Jazwares Micro Galaxy Squadron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Razor Crest and Jedi Starfighter are on their way to me from Amazon. Passed on the X-Wing, Falcon and Vader's TIE

My first two ships from Jaz arrived. More details and impressions in the next few days.

Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 01.jpg

Jazwares MGS Razor Crest 01.jpg

Jazwares Micro Galaxy Squadron - Razor Crest and Jedi Starfighter impressions:

PROS
- Ships look good overall
- We can get ships that were never made by Action Fleet, there are so many films and series already, the the options are nearly limitless
- Reasonable accuracy
- The features are cool: hatches, doors, landing gear, removable parts etc.
- It's good they come with articulated mini-figures - some figures are better than others. Hope in the future there will be a chance to get multiple troopers for army building and for filling up the ships and vehicles.

CONS
- Weathering is too much and is sticky (though easily cleaned with turpentine based solvent which won't affect the paint, just the wash)
- No stand, some ships or vehicles might not need a stand, others definitely do.
- The figures are too small, between Action Fleet and MicroMachines, though I wish they chose a scale closer to AF than MM
- Some features are hard to open/close
- Wish the ships were more in scale with the figures
- The paint on figures is sometimes lacking
- International distribution sucks

Attachments

• Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 03.jpg
    Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 03.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 0
  • Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 04.jpg
    Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 04.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 0
  • Jazwares MGS Razor Crest 03.jpg
    Jazwares MGS Razor Crest 03.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Jazwares MGS Razor Crest 05.jpg
    Jazwares MGS Razor Crest 05.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 0
I used turpentine to clean up the weathering, worked like a charm, didn't affect the paint, just the weathering, and even increased the sharpness of the details, and removed the weird and sticky coffee spills:

Jazwares MGS Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter 09.jpg

I used the turpentine first on a high end 1k Vader statue so I knew it will work. It was at the advice of the factory workers who made the statues, because that said statue had a bit of gold paint where it didn't belong. They even made a FB video showing how to use turpentine solvent to remove or tone down the wash. So the advice came from professionals who helped us with very expensive statues. Turpentine is different from other solvents, will not affect the regular paint, just the wash.
This is what I used:

Terebentina.jpg

Picked up the Falcon from Walmart today. Overall I really like the look of it. Will have to install batteries to try out the lights and sounds on it. Its bigger than the jumbo Titanium Fleet that was my overall favorite for Han's ship.

The Imperial Trooper Transport (ITT) arrived, this time from Amazon.ca and looks very cool, I like its features, the opening lateral doors and top hatches to see inside, and I like the rotating turrets. Wish the front turrets could point forward, but not a big issue. The Stormies it comes with a looking kind of weirdly painted, like have sunglasses, getting ready for the beach. To be honest, I believe I've said it before, I prefer the AF figures to the Jaz ones, but still wish there were more than two beach troopers in the ITT. I might add some extra AF figures inside the ITT.

I inserted 2 AF custom pilots (Rebel pilots I got on ebay, which I painted black) on the front seats and thus the beach troopers can be stored in the back. The weathering on the tank is not bad, not as it was on my Jedi Starfighter, so I most likely will let be as is. A nice vehicle, and I wanted it as it was never made by AF.

Jazwares MGS Troop Transport 01.jpg

Jazwares MGS Troop Transport 03.jpg

I bought a couple of Jazware TIE fighters that I had hoped would scale well with my Bandai 1:72 models. The Micro Galaxy offerings are much smaller so not sure what their official scale is. Have to decide whether they're worth keeping.
20220814_100447.jpg
20220814_100510.jpg

I bought a couple of Jazware TIE fighters that I had hoped would scale well with my Bandai 1:72 models. The Micro Galaxy offerings are much smaller so not sure what their official scale is. Have to decide whether they're worth keeping.View attachment 594220View attachment 594221

They are smaller than Bandai and also smaller than the old Action Fleet. This is why I'm only getting the ships that were never made by AF.

387192-Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Millenium-Falcon-Boxed-1.jpg

387194-Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Razor-Crest-Boxed-1.jpg

387158-fc3c7f657f47400cd0cc1fef985c6c3f.jpg
387159-a372707cb023b904375674d6fb7d879d.jpg

Picked up these two so far.
Although a bit clunky, love the details, surprised the Crest had a carbon freeze chamber and a frozen bounty.
Wish they had stands, Had most of the Action Fleet line and Beast packs, so not looking to revisit the whole line. Though I will get a few of the newer ships.

Last edited:

387192-Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Millenium-Falcon-Boxed-1.jpg

387194-Micro-Galaxy-Squadron-Razor-Crest-Boxed-1.jpg

387158-fc3c7f657f47400cd0cc1fef985c6c3f.jpg
387159-a372707cb023b904375674d6fb7d879d.jpg

Picked up these two so far.
Although a bit clunky, love the details, surprised the Crest had a carbon freeze chamber and a frozen bounty.
Wish they had stands, Had most of the Action Fleet line and Beast packs, so not looking to revisit the whole line. Though I will get a few of the newer ships.

You can remove Mando's backpack and put it inside Razor Crest in a special spot in the back of the ship. You can remove the cover over one of the engines too and also a side panel. Quite nice.

You can remove Mando's backpack and put it inside Razor Crest in a special spot in the back of the ship. You can remove the cover over one of the engines too and also a side panel. Quite nice.
Yeah I caught that little detail too, at first I thought something was missing in that slot, then saw a pic. of someone hanging the jetpack there, for when he's sitting in the cockpit, makes sense.
Also the little clear stand to float the egg-pram, can also double to deliver the carbonized bounty. :wink1:
6q0iz5.jpg

6q0i2g.jpg

Not my pic don't ask me what that surface is?

Last edited:
I decided to buy a Jaz TIE Fighter despite knowing I'll be underwhelmed. But I hope one day Jaz to make some niche TIE's that were never made by AF and I might be into those.

Finally got to see some of these in person at my local Target. They had Vader's Tie, Luke's X-Wing and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. I must say, I wasn't very impressed. Vader's Tie seemed tiny, but it was the only one to me that looked good paint and color wise. The X-Wing looks too yellow. Obi's Jedi Starfighter was ok. I was tempted to get Vader's, but I don't think it's worth the near $20 price tag after tax. I think they were $16.99?

If I ever decide to buy a few it won't be at full price. I think there will be some good discounts somewhere down the road on these. Plus I have nowhere to put them. All my older Action Fleet ships are in a box in a pile somewhere.

Finally got to see some of these in person at my local Target. They had Vader's Tie, Luke's X-Wing and Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter. I must say, I wasn't very impressed. Vader's Tie seemed tiny, but it was the only one to me that looked good paint and color wise. The X-Wing looks too yellow. Obi's Jedi Starfighter was ok. I was tempted to get Vader's, but I don't think it's worth the near $20 price tag after tax. I think they were $16.99?

If I ever decide to buy a few it won't be at full price. I think there will be some good discounts somewhere down the road on these. Plus I have nowhere to put them. All my older Action Fleet ships are in a box in a pile somewhere.
Get the ones that were not made by Action Fleet. This is what I'm doing. The TIE is an exception, I simply want to see it, if I don't like it I'll give it in the family or sell it.

Get the ones that were not made by Action Fleet. This is what I'm doing. The TIE is an exception, I simply want to see it, if I don't like it I'll give it in the family or sell it.
The one that I am looking at getting is the Millennium Falcon, as I never really liked the AF one and this one seems to look more accurate.

In terms of figure size, how does these scale to the AF ones - bigger or smaller?

The one that I am looking at getting is the Millennium Falcon, as I never really liked the AF one and this one seems to look more accurate.

In terms of figure size, how does these scale to the AF ones - bigger or smaller?
The Jaz figures are smaller than AF ones alas. They are closer to MicroMachines, but are articulated. Despite the fact that some of the Jaz figures have better sculpts than AF ones, I prefer the AF figures myself.

Back