Jazwares Micro Galaxy Squadron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one that I am looking at getting is the Millennium Falcon, as I never really liked the AF one and this one seems to look more accurate.

In terms of figure size, how does these scale to the AF ones - bigger or smaller?
Seems that most of the new line scales a bit smaller than AF, but the Millennium Falcon is MUCH larger. It measures 7.5"x10"x2.5".

Seems that most of the new line scales a bit smaller than AF, but the Millennium Falcon is MUCH larger. It measures 7.5"x10"x2.5".
Ah, good. I never bought the MF from the AF line as it was so small relatively, but I've ordered this one.

As some of you know my collecting focus are the Original Trilogy Imperials, the only exception are the Action Fleet type ships, where I collect anything I like, no matter the movies, series, or comics. That being said I received the Jazwares TIE Fighter, and it is such a disappointment. I really like the Jaz Troop Transport, Razor Crest and Jedi Starfighter.

But the Jaz TIE Fighter is a tiny flimsy ship, the ship itself it's too small for its own pilot, comes without any kind of stand, the twin ion engines are so small they couldn't even paint them red, while the back hatch opens up to see ... some more blue hued plastic - they didn't even bother to paint that.

This might upset some Jaz fans, but to be honest I don't care if it is more accurate than the AF TIE Fighter, don't care if it is in "scale" with other ships, in my books this means I will pass on all other TIE ships from Jaz (and most likely X-Wings as well), as I find them too small and thus unsuited for my needs. Though I might buy some of the ships and vehicles that were never made by AF before.

Jazwares MGS TIE Fighter 02.jpg

Jazwares MGS TIE Fighter 04.jpg

Jazwares MGS TIE Fighter 08.jpg

The figures were made bigger, if they were in scale they’d be too small. People would lose them right out the box.
If you want accuracy and scale then the Bandai model kits are a better option.

The figures were made bigger, if they were in scale they’d be too small. People would lose them right out the box.
If you want accuracy and scale then the Bandai model kits are a better option.
I prefer Action Fleet to Bandai or Jaz. But Jaz emphasize the fact that the ships are in "scale" with each other, when the figures should have been the best scale to the line. Of course, it wouldn't be perfect, but the TIE wouldn't look like a toy of a toy.

6rrbiw.gif

6rra9m.gif

Don't know what size ships Galaxy Squadron are going up to? I remember Instead of the Action Fleet Blockade Runner (which was tiny) , I used to display the so called "Collection Fleet" Blockade Runner with my Action Fleet line, and always wished it had an opening cockpit and display area for mini-figs.
If Galaxy Squadron can finally pull that off (with some toyetic license for scale) , I'll definitely get a new one.

Last edited:
I remember the Collector Fleet Tantive 4 as well as the Star Destroyer. I sold the Tantive 4 but still have the Star Destroyer. The expensive one was the Super Star Destroyer, but it is inferior in quality and details to the newer Armada Super Star Destroyer.

Jaz has an open market, they can do whatever they want within the license limits. Too bad they are quite greedy with the blind packs and the chases.

Back