Jason X Preview

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, but now, I think the line is called ''new line horror'' which is kind of sad cause it limits the choices....I too, would have love to see an all-star cast of 1/6 scale movie maniacs line....

Last edited:
creecher said:
Not enough bananas guys. I see Grant picked up the baton.
Anyway, back to the topic. Jason X :banana

A man can never have enough bananas. They are just soooo much fun. They should make a Banana 12" fig. :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana :banana etc

it's also a pain in the ass and in the wallet to get rights sometimes. They already have Jason and people buy him. at this point they may as well make every jason. I would of liked to collect them all but I don't have jason part 3, If I had that I would probably get this one.

creecher said:
I see it as a run up to what we can expect at the Spooktacular, when a real fan should know the answer and can't quite think that fast, or is typing the problem? Not that gawd awful entry form, lmao, email where? what was it? Where's the link? Help me someone. Memo to self: copy and paste that.

I think it's great how it gives you something to talk over with the staffers at the Spooky. I don't have much to say, lol, huh? so you can kick my butt for sticking my nose in when I lob by. I know you're okay, so I won't mind bending over.

Sorry to thread-jack here, but now is maybe a good time to point out that the official Sideshow chat room will not be open for Spooktacular, as Chris is the only one who can operate it correctly and we all know what he's up to this week :p

All contests and e-coupons, etc. will be posted on our main Spooktacular page as news posts! As you all know by now, comments are expected and encouraged through that format. And we will be monitoring those comments and will address any questions/concerns for each posting in that format. It will be very similar to chat, except with a little bit of lag in case we're sleeping at that moment or whatever :) We think this will allow for more participation from a greater number of fans all across the globe as well! (but I definitely expect to check in with a few chatters in this here Freaks chat :D room - so keep up the chatter in there! I'll try to check in this afternoon at 5PM PST for pre-Spooky questions as well - although I can't give too much away of course - we all know how much Sideshow likes its surprises :wacky)

All contests will be handled through the contest form - it gives a fairer advantage to everyone so it's not so dependent on who knows the answer the fastest! And have no fear, the contest form will be clearly linked from each contest posting - no need to copy and paste, Creech
:banana

I now return you to your regularly scheduled Jason X discussion :)

I might get Jason X. I want to get them all, but seeing as I only have Vs. Jason. I'll probably just get the ones I like best. Unless I get a Pt.3 Jason cheap. :D

Cyborg version rocked.

I'm going to one dissapointed fan if we do not get a Cyborg version. it is well with in SSTs ability to do up both versions.

Hardcase01 said:
I'm going to one dissapointed fan if we do not get a Cyborg version. it is well with in SSTs ability to do up both versions.

How amazing it would be, if next week sideshow announce that there will be 2 version of jason x done and that the cyborg version is the exclusive and the other is the regular edition.WOWWW,one can dream...

sorry to change topic alittle, but does anyone know WHY Sideshow changed it from "Modern Horror" to New Line Horror? As said before it limits the choices alot.

New Line Horror is a weird little sub-heading that started popping up for these intellectual properties not too long ago. I think Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and something affiliated with Land of the Dead(I think) were included, but I think New Line saw these properties as something that has a dedicated fan base, and started to produce merchandise under this heading. I don't know how exactly it works for films though, as I thought that Paramount was the primary owner of Jason, but maybe New Line owns the more recent stuff, as I know they own Jason X(maybe Jason goes to hell too...I don't recall). This is all really fuzzy, as I haven't found anything official, but I think they see these as long-term properties in terms of merchandising. Look at Nightmare before Christmas, the film isn't getting a sequel and has been done with for ten years, but as an intellectual property it as hot as ever.

Seaward said:
I thought that Paramount was the primary owner of Jason, but maybe New Line owns the more recent stuff, as I know they own Jason X(maybe Jason goes to hell too...I don't recall).

denger4000 said:
I'm pretty sure that New Line owns all of Friday the 13th now.

This is an complex discussion, as I've always wondered about who owned these films as well. New Line definitely owns Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X, but I don't know their involvement merchandise wise with the older films. Paramount still owns all of the films prior to Jason Goes to Hell, to my knowledge, since they just released the newer box set in October of last year. Maybe New Line owns the merchandising rights to those films also? I'm not a Friday the 13th fan, but the rights issues certainly are interesting.

Here's an easy way to answer it-

New Line owns the characters/merchandising rights for all the films, and the films rights to JGTH & Jason X (And Freddy Vs Jason, of course).

Paramount owns just the film rights to F13th 1-8. No merch rights.

There.

shaithis77 said:
Here's an easy way to answer it-

New Line owns the characters from all the films, and the films rights to JGTH & Jason X (And Freddy Vs Jason, of course).

Paramount owns just the film rights to F13th 1-8.

There.

That's pretty much what I figured. Thanks.

Got one pre-ordered. I really dig the costume design with the tattered clothes and the shackles, and the face sculpt looks awesome.

On the preorder page for Jason X, it says that he is done with the new '' big boy body''...What is the big boy body ??? A 14'' inch body like the one for Kurgan?? or one like they use for Jaws or the first Jason( part 3)??? or a completely new body ??? Definitely interesting....

Shaihulud said:
On the preorder page for Jason X, it says that he is done with the new '' big boy body''...What is the big boy body ??? A 14'' inch body like the one for Kurgan?? or one like they use for Jaws or the first Jason( part 3)??? or a completely new body ??? Definitely interesting....

i'd imagine it's an all new body since they're marketing it with a new name.

i'm not up on all the "jason" movies. why does he have both eyes in this movie and he was looking like a zombie in the other movies?

Well, he had his old non-zombie face in Freddy vs Jason and Jason X takes place after that, so I guess he got a makeover while he was in Hell. Plus, I'm not sure if X is actually part of the continuity or if just it's own monster so to speak.

Back