James Cameron's AVATAR discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: AVATAR

You commented again, so it for sure hit :lol :gun

Budget, it's the most expensive movie made.

Right...Usually on message boards when someone adresses you, its polite to answer them back, you know, kind of like what you did a few post above :lol.

Im getting different #'s from different sources, your telling me this is the most expensive movie ever made?

Quite excited now after watching the trailer, although wasn't blown away by the CGI (some parts looked to me just like a 'cut scene' from a video game) though I didn't see it in 3D. Also, the hinted plot reminds me of the Star Trek episode The Menagerie.

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Its here! Check out the A.M.P suit on Sideshow. It says its gonna be 30" tall! Am i reading that wrong. It doesnt look that big in the videos

Is it just me or does anyone else think that looked a CG-ish??? I couple of those scenes looked a little cartoony....like CG I've see many times before. I guess we'll find out for sure come 18/12/09.

Chris

Hey this movie is going to suck! It has CGI in it! I thought it was going to be real people and real mechs and real aliens!!! :rolleyes:

Didn't look too cartoony to me. The CGI looked great from where I'm sitting. The Na'vi look very realistic, and I'm sure the film will be polished even more before it's released. I have a feeling this will be a lot like a sci-fi version of Dances With Wolves, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The premise of Earthlings invading and conquering an alien species has a lot of potential. I'm very excited about this movie.

Didn't look too cartoony to me. The CGI looked great from where I'm sitting. The Na'vi look very realistic, and I'm sure the film will be polished even more before it's released. I have a feeling this will be a lot like a sci-fi version of Dances With Wolves, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The premise of Earthlings invading and conquering an alien species has a lot of potential. I'm very excited about this movie.

I hope your right........

Chris

Yeah in HD it looked good to me, I am curious about this flick. Although I can't help but get a H A L O vibe from some of the designs in the movie.

I gotta say people, this is a James Cameron movie. He did Titanic for crying out loud. Terminator....Aliens....ring a bell! Not only are these movies iconic but have pushed the boundaries of cinema. Avatar is no different. So what if the Na'vi creatures dont look 100% photoreal, this movie still conveys the best CG we have seen thus far and dont forget, its meant to be seen in 3D.

And we are not talking Coraline 3d at your local theater either. Those are movies made in 2d and converted to 3d, this movie was filmed using a camera made to shoot the movie IN 3D. So in other words, no more eyes hurting and half way decent 3d.

Also, if you have seen the trailer you have to remind yourself that the vegetation in the forest and pretty much everything but the humans are CG!!!

But lastly, the most important point of all- THE STORY. In the end, its all about the story. This movie will have heart. All those other tools and technologies are just that, they are tools to aid in the story telling. Cameron has spent the last 14 years waiting for the technology to match his vision, heck he and his team had to invent stuff just to pull it off. It will change the way we see movies and give us reason to go the theaters rather than download pirated movies.

I will be seeing the sneak peak on avatar day and ill chime in what I think.

I gotta say people, this is a James Cameron movie. He did Titanic for crying out loud. Terminator....Aliens....ring a bell! Not only are these movies iconic but have pushed the boundaries of cinema. Avatar is no different. So what if the Na'vi creatures dont look 100% photoreal, this movie still conveys the best CG we have seen thus far and dont forget, its meant to be seen in 3D.

And we are not talking Coraline 3d at your local theater either. Those are movies made in 2d and converted to 3d, this movie was filmed using a camera made to shoot the movie IN 3D. So in other words, no more eyes hurting and half way decent 3d.

Also, if you have seen the trailer you have to remind yourself that the vegetation in the forest and pretty much everything but the humans are CG!!!

But lastly, the most important point of all- THE STORY. In the end, its all about the story. This movie will have heart. All those other tools and technologies are just that, they are tools to aid in the story telling. Cameron has spent the last 14 years waiting for the technology to match his vision, heck he and his team had to invent stuff just to pull it off. It will change the way we see movies and give us reason to go the theaters rather than download pirated movies.

I will be seeing the sneak peak on avatar day and ill chime in what I think.

I suppose your right.....I might as well go ahead and order the AMP right now I guess. This movie is going to be awesome I know...I know...
Ordered....see it doesnt take much for me to impuls buy...:mad:

Chris

Re: OFFICIAL James Cameron's AVATAR MOVIE DISCUSSION THREAD

Thats what the video said, so sideshow should change their dimensions on the preorder page

You are absolutely right my friend! This is Cameron's DANCES WITH WOLVES set on the planet Pandora with Sam Worthington's Jake Sully as a futuristic John Dunbar. The trailer really did nothing to sell that story which I think for myself only made it okay. But then again, this is just a teaser. Of course I've only seen the teaser on a laptop and not the big screen at a theatre.

You are absolutely right. Its just the teaser. Probably meant to lower expectations that were fastly going sky high. It may meet many expectations in the long run but I dont think he wanted everyone to think this movie was the second coming.

Keep in mind, the teaser is 2:08 long, the movie will be around 3 Hours. I have a feeling there is plenty to be excited about.

Back