Jakks DC Big Fig batman v superman ,Super Powers etc !!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Removed Neca's Affleck head replaced it with Jakk's Batman. Definitely a bit smaller but much better than what it had before.

I'll be repainting this and replacing the cape with pleather soon. Just wanted to share this custom which I think is still under the jakks category although just using the head.

View attachment 273481
View attachment 273482
View attachment 273483
View attachment 273484
View attachment 273485
View attachment 273486
View attachment 273487

Holy Santa clause ****. That's beautiful

Here's a few more shots.

thumb_IMG_0038_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_0039_1024.jpg

Ok, after going page by page with my jaw on the floor I have picked my favorite custom.

It goes to Elvis1976.

There were many excellent customs but this one is just stunning!

image.jpeg

Amazing what just a black wash can do to a $21.00 toy!

This will absolutely blow you away, watch it all and be amazed at the final results.

Definately the technique i'll be using for his face and for every other custom from here on out.

Last edited:
I would love to find out the process Elvis used.

Did he take the figure apart?

How many layers were applied for the body (primer, wash, dry, matte, clear)?

How were the piping handled?

Last edited:
I checked and all I found was that he did a wash and small dots for his excellent beard.

That's probably it! :lol

You know what they say, less is more!

For the people that used the shoe polish did you also do his bat emblem with the shoe polish?

I'm also undecided between:

matte or satin for gauntlets, boots and mask

spray or brush for gauntlets, boots and mask

Any advise-suggestions would be appreciated.

Matte for black area. There's no shine on any aspects of his suit (except the gold). Shoe polish is useless. Use a flat black for dry brushing the textured grey area.

For the people that used the shoe polish did you also do his bat emblem with the shoe polish?

I'm also undecided between:

matte or satin for gauntlets, boots and mask

spray or brush for gauntlets, boots and mask
Any advise-suggestions would be appreciated.
I think you'll have better results with masking the area off and spraying buddy. Especially on such a large figure

To be honest if you are using the shoe polish, it leaves the suit looking shiny, so you might want to matte the suit too. Then if you want the gauntlets etc to have a different finish then go for satin.

I'm really liking that material. I can't wait to see it when it's finished!

Same here! :lol

I have to say, not easy shopping for cape material because I couldn't make up my mind which material I wanted. My wife was like "lets go already you bat freak!" :lol

Looks great jye!

Whenever I have made capes I used a white 'gel pen' for the markings. Little tip. It doesn't permanently mark the material. I'm not sure what they'll be called in your country bud!

https://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/m2UeWGw67MgHOS3bidGvRsw.jpg

Used a white one

Thanks for the advise will be picking that up. :hi5:

I think you'll have better results with masking the area off and spraying buddy. Especially on such a large figure

To be honest if you are using the shoe polish, it leaves the suit looking shiny, so you might want to matte the suit too. Then if you want the gauntlets etc to have a different finish then go for satin.

The hardest part about customizing has been choosing which method to paint with, holy crap it almost paralyzes the entire process!

Hi did you finish this custom just would appreciate any help with the cape ;-( thanks

Hi did you finish this custom Batman cape, just would appreciate any help with the cape ;-( thanks

Back