Jabba 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So people are gonna ***** about people supposedly *****ing over box art? :lol Man :rolleyes:

MF isn't *****ing about the BA and neither am I. We're just simply discussing why the switch. Is it ok to do that? It looks cool and it gives you some display options as we've seen from fellow collectors. However, as long as the figure looks good then I'm more than happy.

Jabba looks kick ass and SS has nailed another. A great looking figure and now they can get the throne coming along so I can display the whole setup. He won't have much articulation but who gives a damn the size and detail in this piece will knock some socks off for sure.

MaulFan said:
And the figure looks fantastic, the next few weeks waiting on him are going to be rough.

Very true. I've gotta figure out where to put him. I think I know but that means storing the boxes in a storage facility and putting some shelving on the wall.

MaulFan said:
I have misrepresented myself. I talk a lot about the box cuz I have things to say about it, but deep down, bottom line, I want the Jabba figure, and I can't wait. It's funny, you look at those shots Roy posted and he's clearly using all sorts of lighting cuz you see about 4 variations on Jabba's colors due to the lighting. What I'm hoping the true color scheme will be in hand is the 2 shots where he is a more peachy/orange tone with the green:

dsc02571.jpg

dsc02589_891.jpg

I do hope the "orange" stands out a bit more in person, as that is how I remember Jabba -- orange and green.

Wor-Gar said:
I do hope the "orange" stands out a bit more in person, as that is how I remember Jabba -- orange and green.

I hear you on that, but I'd be content as is in those shots because it is far better than this, just to remind people what a low-grad Jabba paint can give you:

Image moved.

Last edited:
Let's look at a chain of modern Jabba painting and figures:

1997 POTF Jabba:
potf2beastjabbafront.jpg

1999 Episode 1 Jabba:
EP1jabbafront.jpg

1999 Episode 1 Jabba Glob:
EP1jabbaglobfront.jpg

2002 Attakus Jabba:
Jabba-01.jpg

2004 Saga Ultra Jabba:
sw04ultrajabbaloosepipecu.jpg

2007 SSC Jabba:
dsc02589_891.jpg

I think we'll be getting the winner soon :)

Seeing all these images makes me very sad as I cannot unpack my figures for very long thanks to school and not having a place of my own. Ahhh well. 4 more years and I should be able to do these justice. Ugh and i Just realized how massive this collection will be in 4 years.

Slightly off topic but how did the Hutts become so powerful? They're slow, really fat and hardly have any range of motion in their arms. Plus, they're gross and smelly. :confused: :lol

Fritz said:
Slightly off topic but how did the Hutts become so powerful? They're slow, really fat and hardly have any range of motion in their arms. Plus, they're gross and smelly. :confused: :lol

First you get the money
Then you get the power
Then you get the women

TheObsoleteMan said:
First you get the money
Then you get the power
Then you get the women

Yes but how did they get the money in the first place? And on a side note, where did they put the money? They have no pockets or clothes for that matter?

I leave for a little while and the one little question I asked makes everyone go crazy trying to find out whats on the back of box. This is great news if we are getting more Palace stuff.

Now please someone get a better picture of the back of box.

jason2885 said:
I leave for a little while and the one little question I asked makes everyone go crazy trying to find out whats on the back of box. This is great news if we are getting more Palace stuff.

"I'm out of it for a little while and everyone get's delusions of grandure."

Haha, I had to do it. Back to serious.

Unless somehow the pictures are inaccurate, which I've never found any of the Chinese early shots to be, then this box is true and there's no IF about it, more Jabba related stuff on the way.

MaulFan said:
Unless somehow the pictures are inaccurate, which I've never found any of the Chinese early shots to be, then this box is true and there's no IF about it, more Jabba related stuff on the way.

I think I'm gonna need a bigger table.

madden821 said:
I think I'm gonna need a bigger table.

Not necessarily, depending on what is included with Bubo, they could all easily sit atop the throne, but again it depends, if they do B'Omar Monk then ya, you'll need a bigger boat.

Someone asked earlier where the cup would go for the inclusive edition. Think I found it looking at the pics again.

Good spot, I initially just took that to be some random shape in the foam but looking at it again, you can see a cup shap to it, with slots on the sides to slide it out with your fingers.

MaulFan said:
Good spot, I initially just took that to be some random shape in the foam but looking at it again, you can see a cup shap to it, with slots on the sides to slide it out with your fingers.

Yeah, was just looking at them again and thought surely they didn't design two different foams for this guy. Sure enough I saw that and then thought it looks like a cup shape. Guess we'll see when those start to ship.

Back