J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
:goodpost: :lol

First Joker then Loki and now this guy.

You forgot the villain in Skyfall. Its really getting clichéd.

To be honest, while I'm still excited to see the film, I'm just worried about how un-Star Trek it looks and comes across. If not for the Starfleet uniforms and the Enterprise (and those don't even feature very much in these trailers), you just wouldn't know it was Star Trek. Yeah that's all well and good if you weren't a fan of old Trek but if you were you begin to wonder how far away they're going to take it and why even bother calling it Star Trek.

One thought went through my mind while watching that:

"MAN!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE STAR WARS TRAILER!!!"

startrekintodarknessposter.jpg

Don't like how the look like guns and not phasers. Almost looks like Kirks holding a Beretta :(

Last edited:
They're all wearing civilian clothes, they might be in a situation where they don't want to or cannot use Starfleet phasers.

Cool poster. Kinda confused about the time frame this movie is taking place in? Will there be time travel involved too?

Beg to differ, there were many instances were Spock kicked butt in TOS.

I was thinking mainly of the original cast Trek films to be honest. Those are what primarily provide my ideas about what these characters should be like.

Last edited:
must admit....was skeptical about this movie (even seeing the first 9 minutes in front of the hobbit) but I must say.....damn that looks pretty awesome. I just hope the story and charm is as good as the first.

Spock was never an action hero, he used his intellect.

Amok Time?

Vulcan male estrous?

He'll go Pon farr on your hide, son!

STAmokTime.jpg

So everybody wears black in this Trek timeline?
Very edgy.
Simple. Beautiful. Classic.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqAamL9xls"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqAamL9xls[/ame]

___

I must confess I probably haven't seen or can't remember much of TOS. Again I based what I said on his role in the films Star Treks I-VI where what I said is absolutely true.

Back