I've spent HOW MUCH on my collection?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So Far this year

3a Blind Cowboy and Ghost Horse - $425.00
Hot Toys Iron Man Mark VI - 225.00
Hot Toys Tracker Predator - 200.00
Hot Toys Noland - 189.00
Hot Toys Baby Doll - 169.00
Hot Toys - Nick Fury - 190.00
Hot Toys- Jake Sully - 314.00
CM Toys Gladiator Spartacus - 159.00
3A toys F - Legion figure /membership 185.00
Hot Toys 1989 Batman - 200.00
3A Hood Zombie - 125.00
3A - New Little Shadow - 150.00
Sideshow GI Joe Zartan - 160.00
Sideshow Gi Joe Rock N Roll 150.00
Sideshow GI Joe Black Ninja - 130.00 =Just under 3 grand

On Flex Pay HT Red Skull an the HT Captain America Rescue Version, On Preorder GI Joe Crimson Guard, HT Terminator T-800, HT Bespin Luke Skywalker, all the HT Avengers announced so far except Thor. All the HT Dark Knight Rises figures and the rereleased Bat Pod ! No Tumblers (thank goodness) :thud:

Last edited:
I just did an inventory as I took off a year from buying any Hot Toys figures (except for a couple of must haves) and I needed to see what i actually have.

I have 70 figures, 48 different ones and 22 doubles.

I don't want to think how much I spent on those 70 figures!!

I've recently self-imposed a rule where I must sell a figure to buy a figure...selling one off always hurts but hopefully this will be better in the long run - both for the wallet an maybe even for the collection (more specialized, important pieces, etc.)

I've recently self-imposed a rule where I must sell a figure to buy a figure...selling one off always hurts but hopefully this will be better in the long run - both for the wallet an maybe even for the collection (more specialized, important pieces, etc.)

I was thinking about what you said and it makes sense . If you have a car, and want a new one, you will sell off the old one to help finance the replacement.
Also tastes change. I used to have a massive trek collection, and now I have one I'll Kirk figure. Just not interested in trek anymore.

Perhaps the rule should be: Don't own more than you can comfortably display at once. When you start packing some up, consider selling those ones.

Perhaps the rule should be: Don't own more than you can comfortably display at once. When you start packing some up, consider selling those ones.

I agree. I dont think I could sell some of mine to fund new ones. You might get to a point where you're selling awesome figures (DXs or other top figures) to fund new ones. I could never sell my DXs to fund new figures.

I've spent a lot recently, but that's because I'm a new collector playing catch up. I think things will slow down a lot once I get most of the characters I want. All my favourite comic book heroes are done, with the exception of the 2 new DXs coming out.

The only other recent prototype I'd be getting is the Robocop they showed at Anicom! That looks great.

I agree. I dont think I could sell some of mine to fund new ones. You might get to a point where you're selling awesome figures (DXs or other top figures) to fund new ones. I could never sell my DXs to fund new figures.

I've spent a lot recently, but that's because I'm a new collector playing catch up. I think things will slow down a lot once I get most of the characters I want. All my favourite comic book heroes are done, with the exception of the 2 new DXs coming out.

The only other recent prototype I'd be getting is the Robocop they showed at Anicom! That looks great.

I'm in the same boat. 2013 should be a lot less than 2012. I won't be grabbing a whole series again anytime soon like I've done with Avengers.

The other thing is that I don't need infinite different versions of the same character. I have an Ironman VI LE and a Batman 89. I've preordered the Ironman Mark 1.2 and then that will be enough for IM. I want to get one modern Batman and then I'll be set. I don't need 6 Ironmen or 8 Batmen. 1 Thor, 1 Captain America will be fine.

I hear you, I'm getting to that point, for me I would have would have to store my figures that I can't display under my house which is not good place, since there is alot of dust and spiders :yuck

Perhaps the rule should be:
Don't own more than you can comfortably display at once.
Nah for me.
I can't display more dan 6 HT figures at once but own more then 18 and prepared to get Iron Monger, Bat-pod, Hulk and RoboCain.
Some day I'll be able to display 'em all and so not worrying about :)

Unless the spending causes financial distress which diminishes the pleasure of having the figures.
To be honest, I would imagine that many of us have an unhealthy addiction to this hobby.
And most people on Earth have an unhealthy addiction to material world.
You do not need an expensive watch, car and a huge wardrobe to live and enjoy, but still...

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to this.
No, it's not :lol
Ignorance in any form is harmful.
You need to understand clearly what you want from life and strive to do so. And if your hobby is an obstacle - drop it.

Last edited:
Sounds like funny thread! Let's see...

In the 2010 I've picked up 40 items (45, but I've sold 5 of them) (SideShow, HotToys, Kotobukiya, WETA, GoodSmile) for 8200 USD including shipping cost (it's quite expensive to ship over ocean I should say).
+ some custom items that I don't put into my money waste list, you know like custom heads, re-paints, etc.

2011! Sold 2 items, stayed with 39 items (SideShow, HotToys, Kotobukiya, WETA, Gentle Giant, GoodSmile, New Bright, Blitzway, Ques Q, Maximus Miniatures). 9400$ spent.
+ some custom issues (around 300$ I think).

2012. O God... <_< Already got 21 items (SideShow, HotToys, Gentle Giant, WETA, HCG, Maximus Miniatures, Iminime) including Alien-1 Maquette by SSC, Space Jockey by HCG and old 1/4 scale metal T-800 Endo by SSC. Totally spent 6300$ so far.
+ some custom issues (around 350$).

And I'm going to pick up TDKR series by HotToys including re-issue of Tumbler and B-Pod this year.
And new Barad-Dur by WETA next year.

On the bright side... I still have no wife. So there is no one to kill me for that. ))))

Some day I'll be able to display 'em all and so not worrying about :)
:hi5:

Last edited:
So much for the budget. With a bit of work I've saved myself £2000 these last 3 months. However I recently WAY overspent on an eBay purchase (Amok Time's Gort and Klaatu). It's a lesson learned the hard way, next time keep in mind the customs charge etc.

So while I was really eager to get these figures, it's left behind a bittersweet feeling. Although it's certainly not broken the bank, I feel the need to sell stuff to make up for it. So it's onto eBay to rid myself of my dozen or so MOC Star Wars figures.

Waiting on DX Joker 2.0. My collection sits at 9 figures for now, I'll leave it at that for this year.

Last edited:
I'm glad I don't care about the prices.
On Monday, my Two Face arrived, at 250 quid, then I got a text saying my tumbler arrived. Another 250 quid, so 500 on Monday there.

I limit myself to a budget of around $300 a month for figures.

Nonethless, my growing collection has made me realize how much money I have spent on figures in the 2 1/2 years, and slowly im starting to plan my end-game.

Once Batman and the Avengers figures are all out, the flow of figures is definatly going to slow down making it easier. Ive also got about 20 custom figures I want to get done. After that, I think my final figure will be the Hot Toys Marty McFly. Good enough choice as any.

The thing that really sucks about the money spent is the cost of shipping. That invisible part of your collection. Shipping costs have gone up all over the world, and it doesn't matter who your carrier is. Shipping is the only part of the hobby I resent and there is no way to get around it.

Since I got 3900 reward points I guess that mean I've spent 3900$ on statues from Sideshows site. Then we add shipping and 25% taxes and I dont wont to calculate any longer.. :p

I only care about the price during the purchase of a figure. After I get them, I don't see them as a dollar value, just an awesome piece to my collection.

But, my friends always ask me how much I've spent, and I always hate doing the math and hearing the total out loud. So I say $200/figure and x number of figures lol

This thread scares me.

I was supposed to slow down until the upcoming DXs came out, but I've been buying Takara MP figures and somehow got hooked into getting the SSC Clone Commanders!!! Cody, Gree, Bacara, and Fox cost me $600 including shipping, so that was a big purchase!! Then MP-12 Sideswipe and MP-13 Soundwave cost another $270!! Certainly racking up this year like no other!!! :)

Back