I've spent HOW MUCH on my collection?!?!?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I limit myself to a budget of around $300 a month for figures.

Nonethless, my growing collection has made me realize how much money I have spent on figures in the 2 1/2 years, and slowly im starting to plan my end-game.

Once Batman and the Avengers figures are all out, the flow of figures is definatly going to slow down making it easier. Ive also got about 20 custom figures I want to get done. After that, I think my final figure will be the Hot Toys Marty McFly. Good enough choice as any.

Healthy budget, I think i'm the same.

I'm sitting here in the dark (because hurricane sandy) and all of your pictures and figure talk is lifting my spirits. it's been 6 days with no power and no heat. my lifeline is my car and my cell phone.

Just wanted to say THANKS!!!

I don't just collect toys, but all up, at a conservative estimate, it'd be in the neighbourhood of $50-60K.

That would include shipping though, which to Australia can be expensive. Also, the exchange rates used to be VERY unfavourable for us.

I don't just collect toys, but all up, at a conservative estimate, it'd be in the neighbourhood of $50-60K.

That would include shipping though, which to Australia can be expensive. Also, the exchange rates used to be VERY unfavourable for us.

My collecting starting exploding when the Australian/US exchange rate suddenly got very favorable in the OZ direction for the first time in 20+ years.

It was suddenly very easily to say, I'm actually paying less than the American price (and just ignored the shipping cost all together :yess: ) so that means I'd be crazy to not order 3 times the stuff I used to !!

Collecting math = always works out in favor of the collector :rotfl

My collecting starting exploding when the Australian/US exchange rate suddenly got very favorable in the OZ direction for the first time in 20+ years.

It was suddenly very easily to say, I'm actually paying less than the American price (and just ignored the shipping cost all together :yess: ) so that means I'd be crazy to not order 3 times the stuff I used to !!

Collecting math = always works out in favor of the collector :rotfl

I've been collecting movie/prop memorabilia for close to 20 years, so I've weathered the good times AND the bad, exchange rate wise, but yes, having to pay close to double what US customers were paying used to hurt. :(

Let's see...I started collecting 1/6 figures in late January with the main focus being accurate representations of iconic movie characters. So far I got 34 Hot Toys figures, 5 enterbay figures and 5 figures from other brands.

The total sum so far, is close to $13.000. That sum includes shipping and tax, which can be quite expensive in my part of the world. Buying through ebay and asking sellers to mark down the value, helps a lot!

I've spent a lot to catch up on some of the older releases, and I don't expect to continue buying figures at the same rate in the future.

It's frightening how much I've spent. I'd say about 20K over the past two years. I'm seriously addicted.

TakeMyMoney.gif

Back