It's Official, We Bought A House!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
congrats. Its a nice feeling when you start paying your own mortgage rather than renting and paying someone else's.... :monkey1

are you in like a gated house community then? I never heard of HOA's for houses, only condos. Do you know if taxes and such are about the same?

Nope. Most nice neighborhoods here have HOA's. We moved to a nice area.

Good choice BG!
That loft upstairs would make a great place to display your collectibles.

The only negative... welcome to the world of mortgage payments. :D

Our mortgage payments are AWEOME!!! Very worth it.

The photo I am attaching is part of the family room upstairs and a shot down to our two upstairs bedrooms and the upstairs full bath.

The house is 3 bed, 2.5 baths. It's really open and incredible. You can't see the other bath cause it's on the other side of the wall. That other door is the heater door.

I can't wait till we move our stuff in. This is all the sellers stuff.

Congratulations on achieving part of the American dream.

My family and I have been in our first house for a little over 14 months now ourselves. While it can be stressful minding a budget and being house poor the first few years, it was a relief to finally be able to purchase our own house. I'm so glad I didn't get sucked in and buy during the housing boom.

are you in like a gated house community then? I never heard of HOA's for houses, only condos. Do you know if taxes and such are about the same?

We live in a town house and have an HOA. Our HOA dues are $72 per month and cover maintenance fees for the grounds and trash removal.

Condo fees are usualy higher in that the cover garbage removal and sometimes utilities as well.

Okay you two look way too cute in the second picture.

It took us a while to get prepared for buying the house we really wanted but here it is, the day has come!! We signed the papers a little while ago. It feels amazing to be home owners. Now we just need to move in. That's going to be fun and I'll finally get some sleep!!! :D

Nope. Most nice neighborhoods here have HOA's. We moved to a nice area.

Our mortgage payments are AWEOME!!! Very worth it.

The photo I am attaching is part of the family room upstairs and a shot down to our two upstairs bedrooms and the upstairs full bath.

The house is 3 bed, 2.5 baths. It's really open and incredible. You can't see the other bath cause it's on the other side of the wall. That other door is the heater door.

I can't wait till we move our stuff in. This is all the sellers stuff.

looks nice, if you don't mind me asking, how big of a down payment for it?

Congratulations on achieving part of the American dream.

My family and I have been in our first house for a little over 14 months now ourselves. While it can be stressful minding a budget and being house poor the first few years, it was a relief to finally be able to purchase our own house. I'm so glad I didn't get sucked in and buy during the housing boom.

We live in a town house and have an HOA. Our HOA dues are $72 per month and cover maintenance fees for the grounds and trash removal.

Condo fees are usualy higher in that the cover garbage removal and sometimes utilities as well.

oh, ok, I'm hoping in the next few years I will be looking to buy something.

Well, I don’t want to hijack BuffyGirls’ thread, but it depends on the type of loan you’re getting.

A conventional loan will require you to put 20% down, which is a lot of money. However, in the money grubbing days of the housing boom, banks and lenders were approving no money down loans since the money was flowing. When the music stopped, and interest rates on adjustable rate loans went up and housing values were underwater, people who didn’t put any money down simply walked away from their homes…which from a pragmatic point of view, made sense.

You can get an FHA loan which will require only 3.5% down…but will require that you pay PMI (private mortgage insurance), which you’ll have to pay until the total of your PMI payments reach the 20% threshold. Unfortunately, recent FHA regulation changes now require that PMI be paid for the life of an FHA loan.

If you’re a veteran and are purchasing with a VA loan, you are not required to pay PMI.

Now, there are some ways to get around the down payment. Some lenders will offer a package loan, in which your first loan is 20% of your purchase price and would be used as the down payment. The second loan would be for the remainder of your mortgage.

Also, if you're looking to buy a condo, bu advised that it is very hard to get approved to get an FHA loan for a condo.

900x900px-LL-cea807bc_modulescopperminealbumsuserpics66199housewarming.jpeg

nice and congrats. only weird thing I see is the garage seem to overwhelm the entrance/façade.

Way to dis my house first time I buy. :( It looks great in person.

Congrats! I'm assuming it has a lot of wall space for posters.

YESSS!!!

oh, ok, I'm hoping in the next few years I will be looking to buy something.

No problem. They only required 5% on a conventional loan. So we took it. We're not for FHA as the PMI is sickening and never drops off...ever. As for amount, double digits k's.

Thank you very much to all the people who congratulated us. What a wonderful bunch of responses.

oh wow, 5% ain't bad compared to the 20% that was mentioned earlier. I like the spacious look of the inside.

Back