Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this Ishi Tib sculpt was ready for the oven, but doing photo comparisons showed me that there are 3 or 4 areas that I should try to improve before I call it finished. Nothing too major, though, so I should be able to try molding it in a couple of days.

Here are several different angles showing where I'm at with this right now.

TibSculpt001.jpg

TibSculpt002.jpg

Excellent work slik and ajp4mgs!!!! You guys are killing it. That Ishi Tib is SO GOOD.
And slik those pilots rock, can?t wait to see how they turn out!!

Ajp, great looking sculpt. Good stuff.

Slikkerias, those pilots are looking awesome so far. Looking forward to seeing them finished. I really like the Y-Wing helmet. Very nice.

I thought this Ishi Tib sculpt was ready for the oven, but doing photo comparisons showed me that there are 3 or 4 areas that I should try to improve before I call it finished. Nothing too major, though, so I should be able to try molding it in a couple of days.

Here are several different angles showing where I'm at with this right now.

View attachment 469447
View attachment 469448

As always, amazing work - you're a REALLY good sculptor.:clap

The only things I'd say are that the head seems a bit narrow in both front and side views - really just on the "cheeks" from the fornt view and "back cowl" in the rear. Almost as if you could grab the cheeks and the back cowl area and stretch them outward. The eye stems and mouth/beak look good .

The nostrils seem slightly off but that might be the lighting (as it was with the Yak.) It's almost like they need to be lower on the face and smaller and the nostrils larger.

The beak and cheek lower "points" could also be a bit sharper, but that's minor.

NZlQ1U0.png

neyhrei.png

Looking great guys!
I have two new pilots in the works here.
60d7fea41a8f1a3eff09c543bca81457.jpg

They both look great slik. Love that Y-wing helmet.:clap

They both look great slik. Love that Y-wing helmet.:clap

Thanks Tali. It?s been laying around on my work table for a long time and I finally thought it was good enough to paint.
I?m pretty happy with it. Now trying to find a grey flight suit and all that...
3787b4b42ac110cfa9d2f8e5da6162c4.jpg

Thanks Tali. It?s been laying around on my work table for a long time and I finally thought it was good enough to paint.
I?m pretty happy with it. Now trying to find a grey flight suit and all that...
3787b4b42ac110cfa9d2f8e5da6162c4.jpg

I have absolutely no idea if this would work but what if you bleached a flight suit to make it whiteish then dyed it to get it grey? That?s the only thing I can think of outside of someone making a flight suit in the correct color.

I have absolutely no idea if this would work but what if you bleached a flight suit to make it whiteish then dyed it to get it grey? That?s the only thing I can think of outside of someone making a flight suit in the correct color.

Well, the best option would be the AT-AT driver suit, but that?s pretty hard to come by... I have ordered another that might work - at least until I find the driver suit.
I don?t think I would be able to get all the orange out of the x-wing suit to make it grey... I really have no experience with coloring fabric. But I?m sure I can make it work for the B-Wing suit.

As always, amazing work - you're a REALLY good sculptor.:clap

The only things I'd say are that the head seems a bit narrow in both front and side views - really just on the "cheeks" from the fornt view and "back cowl" in the rear. Almost as if you could grab the cheeks and the back cowl area and stretch them outward. The eye stems and mouth/beak look good .

The nostrils seem slightly off but that might be the lighting (as it was with the Yak.) It's almost like they need to be lower on the face and smaller and the nostrils larger.

The beak and cheek lower "points" could also be a bit sharper, but that's minor.

The nostrils are one of the areas I'll be fixing today. But as far as the "narrowness" of the head, I think it's more of a case of trying to match photo reference from different angles. When you tilt this Ishi Tib head, the appearance changes pretty dramatically.

I took a couple of new photos to try to match your reference pic angles more accurately. I still didn't get the angle right on the straight-on comparison, but I think you can see clearly enough how just shooting the same sculpt from a higher angle changes the "narrow" look into a wider appearance. As for the profile comparison, I was still off considerably on the angle (needed to shoot from further down), but I'm hoping that it's also close enough for you to see what I'm trying to explain.

TibCompare002.jpg

TibCompare003.jpg

Here's another comparison pic that I did to analyze my sculpt next to the actual prop/mask. Once again, I didn't get the angle right, but it's close enough for what I need to see when comparing. The nostrils are what I consider priority #1 for adjusting, with a couple of other more minor fixes as well before baking this.

TibCompare001.jpg

Well, the best option would be the AT-AT driver suit, but that?s pretty hard to come by... I have ordered another that might work - at least until I find the driver suit.
I don?t think I would be able to get all the orange out of the x-wing suit to make it grey... I really have no experience with coloring fabric. But I?m sure I can make it work for the B-Wing suit.

Have you tried the Hasbro 12" driver suits (maybe even Imperial officer suits)? The sleeves on those will be short on proper 1/6 bodies, but might be okay if the long gloves can cover that. They're obviously not as well-tailored as SSC or HT suits, but since you'll be covering up a lot of it, those could be a cheaper option for you to consider.

Dude ajp4mgs, your sculpting skills are absolutely amazing!!! Those updated angles for the comparison pics really nail the likeness! Strangely enough I love the neck details, all those tiny wrinkles look so good!

Back