Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great looking Yakface, AJP, and awesome job on Salacious, TaliBane :clap
I can only picture how tedious those little bits of hair would be to apply.
Slik - excellent job on sculpting the B-Wing helmet and the A-wing Pilot looks top notch!!

Ajp's Yak arraived and what a blast it was to get out. He was inside the shipping box in a seated position as if he'd just gotten off a flight, holding a tiny box with some Ree Yees hands like a carry-on bag.:rotfl

But this figure really feels and looks exactly like a Sideshow Yakface figure - very much a professional manufacturer grade product in every way. Outfit is so well done - fabric choice perfect for posability. A couple of times my mind was half thinking I needed to get the SSC Yakface box in with the other boxes (the routine every time a new fig shows up.):lol

The thing that blew me away most was that ajp made multiples of this figure, not just one. I could never do that.

The way the fur and hair is done is really something - I've been studying it to help do the customized/modded old SSC Salacious Crumb (which ended with fur glued all over my fingers and me ready to through the little guy across the room.)

My Ree Yees and this figure just hit it off instantly so I knew I'd have to do a Salacious for Yak to hold for his argument with Ree. The Salacious was more work than I thought it'd be - even just his colors are extremely difficult to nail and I had to reshape the head/ears, hands and feet quite a bit. I haven't finished the neck fur as yet, but he goes really well with Yak.

OVbytLl.jpg

g1Hw1X4.jpg

Whoa! Outstanding job on the Salacious Crumb!! He looks amazing! The paint job is superb, and he looks so much more "lifelike" after all of your modifications. I'll definitely be trying to copy your work on my Salacious. That's an incredible transformation.

Thanks for the kind words about Yak-Face; it's gratifying to know that everyone seems pleased with how he turned out. :duff And again, great job with Salacious. :clap Looks perfect with Yak.

And thank you to everyone for the Ishi Tib comments. I'm hoping to get the sculpt finished within this next week or so (and a pair of hands too). Then it'll be the anxious part about whether or not the molding and casting work out.

Whoa! Outstanding job on the Salacious Crumb!! He looks amazing! The paint job is superb, and he looks so much more "lifelike" after all of your modifications. I'll definitely be trying to copy your work on my Salacious. That's an incredible transformation.

Thanks for the kind words about Yak-Face; it's gratifying to know that everyone seems pleased with how he turned out. :duff And again, great job with Salacious. :clap Looks perfect with Yak.

And thank you to everyone for the Ishi Tib comments. I'm hoping to get the sculpt finished within this next week or so (and a pair of hands too). Then it'll be the anxious part about whether or not the molding and casting work out.

Thanks, yeah the old SSC Salacious I thought was just going to be a tweak and a repaint but both of those areas were way more than I expected. But it is so cute that they put SC in Yak's arms for that Ree Yees scene,. almost like a little monkey or lap dog or something clinging to Yak's arm, so I couldn't resist doing it since your Yak came out so beautifully. It's a fun corner of my developing Jabba throne room dio, with drinks-tray R2 keeping the party going. Thanks again for such an awesome figure.

Can't wait to see your Ishi coming together. Let me know if you need any ref pics.

Great looking Yakface, AJP, and awesome job on Salacious, TaliBane :clap
I can only picture how tedious those little bits of hair would be to apply.
Slik - excellent job on sculpting the B-Wing helmet and the A-wing Pilot looks top notch!!

Thanks, yeah I still don't know how ajp did the Yak hair so cleanly. The hair on the tips of Salacious' ears was crazy hard to do. I can now see why even on the newest SSC Salacious they didn't go with real fur/hair.:lol

Looks fantastic everyone!
I?ve been longing for rebel pilots for a long time, but have concluded that they won?t get made. So I?ve decided to do my own.
My A-Wing pilot (my favorite pilot) is close. I?ll be adding more details along the way (like the chest box), but he can be displayed now without falling through.
I?ll be doing a B- and Y-Wing next - whenever I get the time.
92b5c68b60730cfee2fb230b3b52e922.jpg
dabd704c95c5b8e1188e5d3aeefb0188.jpg

That looks awesome - would love to see a Y-wing pilot too. Why Sideshow never did at least any other pilots is total mystery.

i can`t wait to get this version of yak face he will fit nicely with my new REE-YEES.

Received Amanaman from Cagoda today. I?m amazed at the level of detail he has put into this kit. Even the staff skulls have separate jaw bones for amazing detail. All the fingers when pinned will be able to be movable for grasping.
Was taken back by the size and weight of the main body, as it’s solid resin.

Received Amanaman from Cagoda today. I?m amazed at the level of detail he has put into this kit. Even the staff skulls have separate jaw bones for amazing detail. All the fingers when pinned will be able to be movable for grasping.
Was taken back by the size and weight of the main body, as it’s solid resin.

Yeah, same. It really is a super fun piece, out of the box it reminds me of 1990s garage kits, a fair amount of clean-up but it just oozes fun. The sculpt is just incredible - I really don't think Sideshow would have done a better sculpt if they'd done an Amana.

I'm possibly only going to do articulation in the wrists and shoulders as Amana only really ever does one thing, hang onto his staff. His hands and fingers are also in pretty extreme positions onscreen, so hard for articulation to match. But this project was so super ambitious.:clap

And yeah, I'm considering running the drill into the body in a few places to lighten him up a bit. I don't mind it a great deal though as with the tail on he stands rock-solid stable, so a bit of extra weight is possibly a good thing, especially when he's got huge limbs and the staff to counterweight/support.

Thank you so much everybody for your kind words! That really means a lot to me and I'm glad you enjoy the kits! And for anyone that still wants one there's plenty of availability!

A few were asking about the hands- I HIGHLY recommend getting standard wrist pegs and using those as the joints in lieu of how I had originally planned it with hinges. It legitimately cuts down 24 actual hours of working time to about 2 hours to put the hands together. I just hacked off the grooved portion of the fingers and used the Dremel to get the appropriate space for the wrist pegs to fit into. Then used hot glue to tighten any that were iffy.

Here's an example of the hands with the wrist pegs, it gives a really good range of motion.

0-4.jpeg0-5.jpeg0-6.jpeg0-7.jpeg

Received mine as well and it is a beautiful piece of work.
I?m on the same path as TaliBane mentioned as I plan on just articulating the arms and wrists keeping the hands in a fixed gesture... BUT those wrist-pegged finger articulation looks super clean!!!
I may have to rethink where I?m going with this 🤔
Thanks again Cagoda for making this happen and sick job and idea for the hands! :clap

Thanks again everyone! I'm so glad you all enjoy! I can't wait to see everyone's finished products. If you all can share progress pics too, that would rock!

Dudes. So much to unpack!

Talibane, your Salacious Crumb is amazing and the group shot is phenomenal! He looks so much like the Henson puppet, it's just perfect.

Cagoda, when you came up with that joint idea for the hands, you had a winner man! I love seeing how well that plan came together!

Eske, I never think about the pilots! The chest boxes look so gooood! Nice work my friend!! Truly!

Oh yeah I forgot to add that!! Tali, your Salacious Crumb mod is awesome!!!! I love it! So ingenious.

Here's an updated look at Amanaman! I tightened up the painting and details, and this is what the ones will look like for the people who get the full painted figure!
16 points of articulation in the fingers (ball and hinge)
2 points of articulation with the wrists (rotation)
2 points of articulation with the shoulders (ball and hinge)
2 points of articulation where the bicep meets the shoulder (rotation)
For a grand total of 22 points of articulation!
0-12.jpeg

Back