Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So it?s a bit frustrating since the long awaited waist-pouch and backpack straps came damaged and will most likely take another 2-3 wks for the replacements to arrive from China. I was hoping to finish this weekend. Also ran into some paint problems with the rifle that I?ll hopefully solve this weekend. So here?s what I?ve put together until backpack and rifle are complete.

Ive since changed up some tiny details since I took these shots...

View attachment 466125

...and where he?s at now.

Today I installed magnets at the end of his tubes and in the receiving ends on the back pack for easy dismantalling.

View attachment 466126

Looks fantastic!!
Were you the one who made a Mimbanese soldier? If so, could you post pictures please?

So it?s a bit frustrating since the long awaited waist-pouch and backpack straps came damaged and will most likely take another 2-3 wks for the replacements to arrive from China. I was hoping to finish this weekend. Also ran into some paint problems with the rifle that I?ll hopefully solve this weekend. So here?s what I?ve put together until backpack and rifle are complete.

View attachment 466125

Today I installed magnets at the end of his tubes and in the receiving ends on the back pack for easy dismantalling.

View attachment 466126

SOOOOOOOO AWWWWWWWWWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's difficult to express my admiration and jealousy in writing. You have my utmost 'awe'.

:bow :bow :bow

View attachment 466125

View attachment 466126

I love the paintwork and there's a lot of scratch build on this that's always tough to pull off. Looks incredible.:clap

Thank you so much! I truly appreciate it guys!!! :bow

So much talent and inspiration in these custom threads has helped me get down and grind on this. I hope to put together some more Rogue One characters :)

@Slikkerias... I believe it?s The Darkness Predator who has the Mimbanese Soldier/Warrior(?)

Getting started on this guy today. Gonna call him The Scout-Helmeted Rebel Guy since I can?t find what he?s called ANYWHERE :dunno

1FE46CCE-BB1D-4037-912A-307DA6C654B8.jpeg

Finished the blaster rifle and backpack this weekend; then realized the scarf was an off color (I?m kinda colorblind). I hope to start a new thread with a quick breakdown of what i did from beginning to end. Apologies for posting all the little updates here :)

Here?s a shot of the rifle:

886A152B-5033-4B0B-86E0-B606223D265A.jpg

Details:

36C1E17C-FCB1-4414-83B9-118B31B6217A.jpg

3348EEFF-8A45-4F44-B724-3943A1E5F098.jpg

5DF408A2-5F43-49C8-80E6-D8631EC49900.jpg

3B357ED9-C850-46AD-9A31-E25E8740EA44.jpg

The end of the barrel isn?t accurate, but i was having fun trying the excessive heat ?bluing? effect like on exhaust pipes... or the barrel of the Death Trooper small blaster rifle. I will most likely change it later.

Nice work on the rifle Paul, looks great.

Nice start on "Helmeted Rebel Guy" too. There are so many cool characters from Rogue One and Solo.

That rifle looks fantastic! I love the blue-ing on it, definitely gives it a great realistic weathered look!

That two tubes is the BUSINESS!!! Such amazing skills. Love it.

Excellent work on the rifle details. I actually think the bluing looks good, regardless of accuracy.

That rifle looks fantastic! I love the blue-ing on it, definitely gives it a great realistic weathered look!

Thanks guys! Maybe I?ll leave it as is :)

Nice work on the rifle Paul, looks great.

Nice start on "Helmeted Rebel Guy" too. There are so many cool characters from Rogue One and Solo.

Thanks Chris and I highly agree!

Now that I look at pictures, I wouldn't even say the blue-ing is inaccurate. There's a set photo from Solo (?) with him holding his rifle, and it's difficult to see due to the glare but it's highly possible the end of the barrel is mildly blued! So you may be spot on with it! Honestly to get the best of both worlds you could even spray a super light coat of metallic over the blue-ing to dull it out a little bit. Fantastic work, keep it up!

Edit: It's hard to tell but there's some definite blueing in the pictures in this link. This actually has really good reference photos for the gun! don't know if you've seen this or not.

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogue-one-edrio-images-comic-con/

Last edited:
I have a couple images from Solo but there are some slight differences from RO but I do like the blueing. Now that I look at it the blue isn?t even as I look around the end... heavier in some spots. Will dust/wash it with some silver. Thanks Cagoda :)

Back