Is it worth destroying a body for a custom?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SanShouXMA

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is ever worth damaging a body for a custom. For example shaving down the legs of a TrueType to allow the leg armor of a Clone Trooper to fit it? Or cutting down the rubber neck of a muscle body to make a narrow body head sculpt fit the muscle body?

I ask this because I'm contemplating modding the neck of a Bruce Lee body to get my head sculpt to fit the body more flush... I need opinions. Only reason I ask is because what if I want to use that body in the future for another custom.

If you got practice, know what you are doing and it's going to be an awesome custom (at least to you), then yes. If not, then have someone with experience doing it.

I would say yes.
I have done that many times, I like to destroy expensive figure!

But at second thought you have to know what you're gonna do before destroying anything! :)

Depends on wether it works or not. But I've done it my self to adjust height and proportions on figures. Even turned heads with necks into neckless ones.

I would say yes.

But at second thought you have to know what you're gonna do before destroying anything! :)

Yes it is.

absolutely!

:exactly::lecture:lecture

Most important thing i'd say is do enough research to know what you're doing is going to work and be confident that the resulting custom will be worth more to you than whatever price the original cost/any cost you could recover from selling it.

Absolutely, YES!

You haven't lived until you've potentially ruined an expensive item in an attempt to make yourself a custom fig. You gotta just jump in and go for it :rock

99% of the time the pay off is worth it.

i've always wanted to have a mechanized predator. the cheap alternatives didn't suit well, and was too chicken to dismember a HT terminator endoskeleton figure...i called it quits.

until darthman used a T-600 arm to mechanize a predator. I followed suit.:lol

"if you want some omelets, you got to break some eggs."

don't look at it as destroying it..............consider it as tweaking......:lecture

For me, with risk comes reward. I'm more inclined to try something if the payoff is worthwhile...again though, it just comes down to what you're comfortable with...you don't want to get in over your head, destroy the figure and lose the investment.

Nobody does it better! :lecture:lol

It's not's destorying, it's creating. Don't be one of those
people that say..."oh if I just tried it, it could have been something
special"

Take the floaties off and jump into the deep end...:lol

Just had to get one obscure metaphor in there...:rotfl

Try it, you might like it :wink1:

1. Know your materials and get the right tools.

2. Plan your steps.

3. Take it easy.

4. Enjoy your modded perfection and rejoice in your OC persistence :)

Measure twice and cut once. If you know what you're doing, you won't be "destroying" anything. I had a Barney bod with a jacked shoulder and dove in feet first to fix it. The reward was a tight, working arm, an unblemished figure (I looked online how to cut open the rubber chest) and a better understanding of the new muscle bodies.

Though word to the wise. Take a long look at the head and neck and decide which would be cheaper to replace if you ____ it up and dremmel the cheaper of the two. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Back