Is it me - or are the newer collectors spoiled brats!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't take much notice to Facebook comments on figures but the Avengers line has brought some right retarded new members to the forums. Very frustrating reading through the daily reminders that they like such and such an avenger and can't wait for the next reveal/speculating when that reveal will be

I'm hoping once all the Avengers are out these members will do one

picture.php

I approve this message.

picture.php

Brilliant. I would have to check, but given his fate for 'corrupting the youth of Athens', I assume Socrates is mocking the complaints of others.

I'm pretty sure all of the extant Socrates is actually Plato.

I personally went out of the way to help one particular member and boy did it blow up in my face. I'm over it - but it left a bad taste in my mouth. I think most members are decent. It's just the bad apples that stink up the cart.

I think the positive on this is that you rooted out who they truly are at the very least. Sucks its gotta be that way, but sometimes you can only learn from getting bit.

Ive always said that the majority of people in this hobby are self entitled crybabies. everyone is looking for a good deal and wants people to sell to them for cheap. hence the, "help out a fellow freak..." bull____.

Why the ____ should I help you out? Other than the fact that we are members on the same forum aside from the thousands of other people here, i dont know you one bit.

They probably have never helped out a single person before yet they EXPECT others to do them favors because they are a 'fellow freak'. then when you dont want to sell them for a loss, they call you out on it and all of a sudden youre the bad guy. give me a ____in break you damn crybaby _____es.
:exactly:

I get a very similar experience selling old/unused airsoft stuff in another forum. Here are my favorite ones:
1. On the day the buyer is meeting with me, he asks for an additional discount because his son needs tuition/diapers/medicine/whatever.
2. Some buyers want to pay thru installments.
:gah: :gah:

Agreed! But watch out, don't mention that you prefer statues because that's "insulting" and "off-topic" and you're gonna hurt some wittle 1/6 scale feewings.

I am a statue collector and though it pains me to say this I must affirm that I am in fact a highly childish man and I often look to the 1/6 collector for guidance in adult affairs. My love for a solid statue of a Ninja Turtle or Cammy from Street Figher somehow has not translated into maturity in the way it apparently has for you and often I find myself insulted and feeling as though certain posts are off-topic. It is a struggle I face each and every day of my life! My heart strains to be more adult-like, it tears me up inside all the time. Last night I cried myself to sleep looking at my statue of Shredder. In another man's possession, I thought to myself, this would be a symbol of class, intelligence, and sophistication, an indication of one man's place in life and quality of brain, but in my hands it's just an object representing the Ninja Turles' greatest foe.

Last edited:
I am a statue collector and though it pains me to say this I must affirm that I am in fact a highly childish man and I often look to the 1/6 collector for guidance in adult affairs. My love for a solid statue of a Ninja Turtle or Cammy from Street Figher somehow has not translated into maturity in the way it apparently has for you and often I find myself insulted and feeling as though certain posts are off-topic. It is a struggle I face each and every day of my life! My heart strains to be more adult-like, it tears me up inside all the time. Last night I cried myself to sleep looking at my statue of Shredder. In another man's possession, I thought to myself, this would be a symbol of class, intelligence, and sophistication, an indication of one man's place in life and quality of brain, but in my hands it's just an object representing the Ninja Turles' greatest foe.

:lol As long as you pay for em yourself and do it in the privacy of your own home. :monkey1

I've been collecting 1/6 for almost 10 years. And toys in general for over 15 years. I took a break from the hobby for about a year and just recently got back into it.

Maybe it's just me but I've notice a huge change in the mentality of the newer breed of collectors. You really get this sense when you read the comments on the Hot Toys and Enterbay FB pages.

It's all GIVE ME! GIVE ME! GIVE ME! WHAT ABOUT (plug in a character)?!

I posted pics of my Nostromo Kane on the HT page and these kids message me and I really don't like their tone. One kid just says:

"Where do I get that Kane head? Painted. I won't pay for shipping!"

Another kid writes "Sell me the Kane! You can make a new one."

WTF?

Totally agree!

watch out, don't mention that you prefer statues because that's "insulting" and "off-topic" and you're gonna hurt some wittle 1/6 scale feewings.

anchor-games-7.gif

First of all, you don't have to give any kid a whooping. Just take away their Xbox and you have their attention. Secondly, I'm sorry but it's the parents fault if a lot of these kids are spoiled. The days of buying a GI Joe $20 action figure for xmas are long gone from the looks of it. Nowadays they expect laptops, phones, iPads, etc. The parents buy this crap for them. If parents would spend quality time with the kids instead of letting the Xbox raise them, it would be much better in this world. Some parents seem to think that if the kid is at home and off the street, but locked in his room 24/7 playing games, that they did a good job raising him and are spending quality time with them. Couldn't be further from the truth. I'm 42 single parent with a 17 year old son and he's the most polite, helpful, and well manored kid you'll ever meet. I get that comment all the time from others. The trick is that I spend as much quality time with him as possible with the right amount of being a parent and a friend. He has to know the boundaries and the differences. The other problem with these entitled kids, is the internet. You can say whatever to whoever without fear of repercussion. /rant over.

he other problem with these entitled kids, is the internet. You can say whatever to whoever without fear of repercussion.

This is definitely something that needs to change. Calling people that work at these companies, idiots or retards because they haven't made the figure you want is the lowest of the low.

i'm a noob. (started 2007)

to keep balance, i just ignore other bratty noobs (disrespectful infants) as well as some arrogant vets (condescending pricks).

:)

Back