Is it just me that find Hot Toys to be very addicting?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am using my 100th post to tell the world, "My name is John, and yes, I too am an addict. I have over 30 Hot Toys! I lie to myself and say that people must have more. There must be people that have 50, 80, or even more than 100. Those people are addicted, not me. They are sick. I am a casual collector, just passing the time with a hobby. I don't need any of the Hot Toys. Well, maybe just a Robocop, but then I will stop. I can stop whenever I want. I don't have to collect. I just don't want to stop. I can stop right now. See, I stopped, to type this. This whole time I am typing I am not buying or selling, or gawking at any figures. See how easy it is! I am glad I am not addicted. Probably just after they make Iron Monger, then I will stop. Yeah, that sounds good. I am off now. I am giving blood today for cash, then going to my fourth job, need the money you know. Not for toys, no, not me. No, I like to work for my figures. Remember, I can stop anytime. I am not addicted like you. Not me! Never! I need more! Somebody help me! For God sakes, help me!!!!!

P.S. Can't wait for my Bruce Lee to arrive!

I am using my 100th post to tell the world, "My name is John, and yes, I too am an addict. I have over 30 Hot Toys! I lie to myself and say that people must have more. There must be people that have 50, 80, or even more than 100. Those people are addicted, not me. They are sick. I am a casual collector, just passing the time with a hobby. I don't need any of the Hot Toys. Well, maybe just a Robocop, but then I will stop. I can stop whenever I want. I don't have to collect. I just don't want to stop. I can stop right now. See, I stopped, to type this. This whole time I am typing I am not buying or selling, or gawking at any figures. See how easy it is! I am glad I am not addicted. Probably just after they make Iron Monger, then I will stop. Yeah, that sounds good. I am off now. I am giving blood today for cash, then going to my fourth job, need the money you know. Not for toys, no, not me. No, I like to work for my figures. Remember, I can stop anytime. I am not addicted like you. Not me! Never! I need more! Somebody help me! For God sakes, help me!!!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I was definitely addicted to hot toys, but I've sold most of hot toys figures and I'm down to 3 (I didn't really have many). I'm more of a customs addict now, that's a worse addiction (and more time consuming) imo. Though I have spiderman, jack sparrow on preorder and plan to get superman and keaton bats when they come out (i guess they sucked me back in!)

What were you guys collecting before you got addicted to hot toys (or were you collecting at all)? I'm particularly curious about those who've racked up 50+ figures in just the last few months.

Don't understand doll collectors. The little clothes thing and playing dress up is pretty creepy.

Very simple to explain. If you like premium format statue, Hot Toys is the same. Only smaller, more detail, cheaper but has more value. Have u ever hold a HT in your hands? If not, U R MISSING OUT.:lecture

Very simple to explain. If you like premium format statue, Hot Toys is the same. Only smaller, more detail, cheaper but has more value. Have u ever hold a HT in your hands? If not, U R MISSING OUT.:lecture

I think Bodie prefers a sausage in his palm.
I've held a HT before...thought it was going to fall apart. I don't think these expensive toys will stand the test of time.

I think Bodie prefers to pee on cheerios. I suppose its too plain for him? :dunno

Maybe I'll buy a HT one day.

I think Bodie prefers a sausage in his palm.
I've held a HT before...thought it was going to fall apart. I don't think these expensive toys will stand the test of time.

Depends on how long that timeline is DD - I am confident that these figures will last at least until my time on this earth has expired :)

My first two hot toys were without fabric, so it felt like i could justify to people better at it being an action figure, bit now people just say dolls, and i dont care cos they are awesome.

:lol:lol:lol:lol ^^^^Great post dude!:hi5:

i have to agree with you, but i'm moving more to statue. but i'm still collecting ht. only limiting it :monkey3

I for one do find Hot Toys quite addictive. I used to only purchase Medicom Riders, and then I saved up and got my first Hot Toy, Ezio. Since then, I've bought 3 more and the list of wants is just increasing.

What started as a grail hunt for the HT Terminator endo has blossomed(mutated?) into a Terminator T-800, T2 T-800, 2 T-600s (standard and skin), the T-700 Dio, John Connor (for kitbashing) Iron Man Mk III and Mk VI (Mk V on order). And that's only the ones I absolutely couldn't resist. And I must say, these pieces are among the finest, most detailed figures in existence. Looking forward to more from the Terminator line - specifically BD versions of both T-800s, the MGS and Suckerpunch lines.

I have just entered into the realm of Hot Toys... I just purchased a Mark III Iron Man for 1$174.99... did I pay too much?

Must stay away from Freaks and the marketplace in particular- IT makes you a true addicted Freak so to speak....

Hmmm, addicting you say? I have the following so you tell me;
1.) John Connor
2.) T-600
3.) Superman/Clark Kent 2 in 1
4.) Watchmen Comedian
5.) Watchmen Silk Spectre II
6.) Batman Beings
7.) OC Batman
8.) TDK Batman
9.) DX Batman
10.) DX Joker
11.) Two Face
12-16.) IronMan Marks 2, 3, 4, 6
17.) Mech Test Tony
18.) Whiplash
19.) Black Widow
20.) Warmachine
21.) Blade
22.) Abigail Whistler
23-24.) Wolverine x2
25.) HT VIP TTA XMas gift
26.) PMC 07
27.) Ivan Drago
28.) Barney Ross
29.) Wesker (Stars ver.)

on PO,
IM Mark V
Ghost Rider
Thor
Odin
Spider-Man

I also bash and pretty much only use HT parts and TT and muscle bodies, which I have about 30 of. I'm kind of bummed because I only got into collecting HT in late 2009 so I missed out some of their earlier pieces.

Back