IRONMAN Charge & Shiping Question for My Fellow Members!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrives tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And a year ago I didn't even own one Marvel piece...............

Jesse

yeeeeeeeeeeahhhhhhhhhhh :D ..... I just recieved a fedex trac #.. a 19.0 lbs Package!!!........... My IronMan Is Comming Home On Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!:chew :chew

Ironman arrived today! And despite the gardener deciding the box wasn't big enough and watering it to make it grow...he's in perfect condition.

I was a bit worried that the metallic paint wouldn't translate to a production figure - but those worries were unfounded. I'm not a big Iron Man fan, but this is shaping up to be my favorite Marvel PF (forget that comiquette crap), even more than Doom.

Bodie The Cursed said:
OMG u serious?

almost; I mean I did not receive the original invoice but as per the provisional hold on my credit card as per the exchange rate of $ / TL (around 1.47), it is around 130-140 $

But this is what I pay all the time, I paid 155 $ for Hulk vs spider 2 weeks ago and I am even paying 51 $ for 12" ones :D :rotfl

PS: TL = Turkish Lira

UPDATE:

Just received my invoice:

Comments:
71551 PC 1 1 0 $249.99 $249.99
1/4 scale Iron Man Exclusive
------------
Sub Total: $249.99
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $138.78
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $388.77

:D

Last edited:
gambit said:
almost; I mean I did not receive the original invoice but as per the provisional hold on my credit card as per the exchange rate of $ / TL (around 1.47), it is around 130-140 $

But this is what I pay all the time, I paid 155 $ for Hulk vs spider 2 weeks ago and I am even paying 51 $ for 12" ones :D :rotfl

UPDATE:

Comments:
------------
------------

Wow, and I was annoyed by paying $18.00 in tax..

gambit said:

Comments:
------------
------------

:monkey4 That could have been a another statue right there.

gambit said:

UPDATE:

Comments:
------------
------------

Hey Gambit - I'm in Australia and I just got invoiced for the same freight cost as you. How can they justify the cost? It's more than half the price of the statue itself! With the exchange rate, I'm not going to get much change out of $500.

I've already sent an e-mail to sideshow's customer service asking them to explain the cost.

scates

TOE said:
:monkey4 That could have been a another statue right there.

ah pal, you tell me.

I keep a very detailed excel file for my purchases for statues and at the bottom there are formulas showing the total amount of money I spent to statue, bust, shipment etc. total amount for shipment I paid since last 1 year is 4,136.79 $. :emperor

I sold some of my old purchases and get back 1,370 $ of shipment back but still, if I haven't pay that much money to shipment, I would have all the PF SW and all marvel products I presume.

You guys in US are really lucky with regards to shipment price.

that like royally sucks. I thought it was bad enough for the $250, but that extra $140 for freight would kill both my bank account and me.

scates said:
Hey Gambit - I'm in Australia and I just got invoiced for the same freight cost as you. How can they justify the cost? It's more than half the price of the statue itself!

hey scates;

Unfortunately, this is what I am paying all the time to Sideshow and frankly speaking I am fairly happy with the price if I consider it this way:

If SS ships with USPS, then it doesn't come on time and the price is not so much different then FEDEX. As I understand SS has a special agreement with FEDEX and therefore it is much cheaper than the usual fedex shipments. If I (or you) would try to send a package this size and weight with FEDEX or UPS, then it costs like 220 -250 $. So on this base 138.9 $ is fairly good for me.

Another good thing with FEDEX is I never have any problem with customs and I do not have to explain why I bought the staute for. If the package was sent with USPS, then it got stuck at the customs and I have to spend time to go to post office (which is like 1 hour away from our house but we are working during the week), and also I have to wait and they will question me what is the statue for, where are the payment documents...etc.

eg. SS shipped the SAW puppet on the 12th of August and FEDEX delivered the it on the 17th August (in 5 days) to my adress. This is unbeatable for me.

So I already accept this high cost. Regardless if you can get a result with SS, please kindly share with me and so I will try to lower down the price :)

PS: do you surf in Australia? I am planning to take a vacation there for surfing within the next 1 year

Aloha

suleyman

since they have adopted UPS now, maybe you could ask sideshow to let you know if UPS is cheaper and if so, by how much.

i'll be interested to know if UPS or Fedex is cheaper to ship overseas.

I'll be getting my IronMan on Tuesday, and I don't have class that day, so there's two reliefs in one.

Back