Statue Iron Studios Mandalorian 1/4 scale statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I wonder if someone can make a small piece covering that peg for those that want an option of not displaying Grogu. I don't mind him but options would be nice. Statue looks great though, congrats!!!
Or maybe add a second Stormtrooper helmet there

Thank you! I wonder if someone can make a small piece covering that peg for those that want an option of not displaying Grogu. I don't mind him but options would be nice. Statue looks great though, congrats!!!
U could probably get some Sculpy or self-hardening clay and do yourself - doesn't look like too bad of a job. Mold a bit of rock, gently remove before it hardens (use baby oil or something on the peg before adding any clay); let harden; paint.

I was hoping for cloth cape, tho the sculpted one is nice. One day might try to make one.

Meanwhile if Popcultcha is sold out? Sounds like few if any replacements available; so now I get to sweat he shows up perfect. :eek: :eek: :eek: :horror

U could probably get some Sculpy or self-hardening clay and do yourself - doesn't look like too bad of a job. Mold a bit of rock, gently remove before it hardens (use baby oil or something on the peg before adding any clay); let harden; paint.

I was hoping for cloth cape, tho the sculpted one is nice. One day might try to make one.

Meanwhile if Popcultcha is sold out? Sounds like few if any replacements available; so now I get to sweat he shows up perfect. :eek: :eek: :eek: :horror
Yup, worth a try for sure. Good luck with the statue! Take some pics.

Sorry to bombard the thread - but damn, I love this thing! I've got that same buzz as when I got their Vader. Similarly, Mando is really "solid" - in that, his arms, legs, torso, etc - just looks (like the Vader), like a really solid dude.

If anyone is on the fence - don't hold back, you won't regret it! It's the definitive Mando statue (so far :))

This looks really good in these pics.

"This looks really good in these pics."

No no no!!! Put Vader on the other side, so his light saber can be pointing right at the kid. Lol!!

Seriously your statues are gorgeous, esp Mando.

E43B3458-0CB9-41AD-97DC-652C31D5D3DF.jpeg

This is my first PF statue and I have to say, it’s a stunner. Came safe all the way from Australia!

View attachment 535360
This is my first PF statue and I have to say, it’s a stunner. Came safe all the way from Australia!

Argh, gorgeous :clap But I'm a fan of Iron Studios anyway. Last I checked mine has made it across the ocean and is in the hands of USPS, can't wait!
Did they do a good job packing?

I don't have many PFs but hafta say there's something about the presence of a great 1/4.

This looks really bad, proportions for the armour/helmet are terrible, proportions for the body are terrible, Grogu looks worse than my picture and that Stormtrooper helmet is crap looking too.

Just buy the HT 1/4 scale, at least it'll look good.

This looks really bad, proportions for the armour/helmet are terrible, proportions for the body are terrible, Grogu looks worse than my picture and that Stormtrooper helmet is crap looking too.

But....that's a toy....an action figure....why would anyone......egh...never mind :goodpost:

What... the complete... ****????

I'm guessing your eyes must be painted on, you just don't like statues, or some other bias going on... because if you haven't seen this in-hand, you have no real idea about how damn good it looks. Is it 100% screen accurate? No. Does it capture the feeling of the characters and a great display piece? Hell yes. Same as their Vader.

But let me guess, you prefer the HT Grogu 1:1 over the SSC, don't you?

tenor.gif

Argh, gorgeous :clap But I'm a fan of Iron Studios anyway. Last I checked mine has made it across the ocean and is in the hands of USPS, can't wait!
Did they do a good job packing?

I don't have many PFs but hafta say there's something about the presence of a great 1/4.
Packing was really good. I’m glad too because the outer box was beat up pretty good and even had a hole in it.

Yes, but how do you really feel? 😂 😂

What... the complete... ****????

I'm guessing your eyes must be painted on, you just don't like statues, or some other bias going on... because if you haven't seen this in-hand, you have no real idea about how damn good it looks. Is it 100% screen accurate? No. Does it capture the feeling of the characters and a great display piece? Hell yes. Same as their Vader.

But let me guess, you prefer the HT Grogu 1:1 over the SSC, don't you?

View attachment 535523
No, this just looks like complete arse lol. Yet to see an Iron Studios piece that looks good or is worth the asking price.

I have the SS Grogu and think the HT one is horrible so…

No offense but I don’t think you’ll see too many people here agreeing with you on this hot take lol. Yes it has its accuracy issues but it’s a piece of art, not a prop replica. Also, why the hell would anyone want the 1/4 Hot Toys if, like me, they already own both of the 1/6 Mandalorians? It’s literally just the same thing but scaled up—they didn’t even bother to upgrade it to the chrome plating. (And just generally speaking, Hot Toys lost me on their 1/4 scale figures when they started charging 1/4 statue prices for their oversized dolls.) Plus, you can always go back years from now and pick up one of their 1/4 figures for only a small price increase if you decide you want it, whereas something like this with an ES of only 750 will be hard to get a hold of for a reasonable price just like we see now with the Iron Studios Vader.

No offense but I don’t think you’ll see too many people here agreeing with you on this hot take lol. Yes it has its accuracy issues but it’s a piece of art, not a prop replica. Also, why the hell would anyone want the 1/4 Hot Toys if, like me, they already own both of the 1/6 Mandalorians? It’s literally just the same thing but scaled up—they didn’t even bother to upgrade it to the chrome plating. (And just generally speaking, Hot Toys lost me on their 1/4 scale figures when they started charging 1/4 statue prices for their oversized dolls.) Plus, you can always go back years from now and pick up one of their 1/4 figures for only a small price increase if you decide you want it, whereas something like this with an ES of only 750 will be hard to get a hold of for a reasonable price just like we see now with the Iron Studios Vader.
I think reality lies somewhere between the two of your hot takes. I have the HT 1/4 scale on order primarily because I have the MYC season 1 mando statue and the IS statue is too similar a pose for me to get it as well. I also had enough prams and like the look of Grogu in the satchel. I only have the 1/4 scale Fett from HT but it's worth every penny and sits on my shelf with the other 40+ statues and doesn't look out of place at all. It's basically a poseable Premium Format statue. With that said, this IS piece turned out fantastic! The walking pose is done far better than Sideshow's attempt and while it does have inaccuracies, the statue captures the character and the show very well. Bottom line, both the IS and HT will be fine representations of the character. Hug it out fellas...hug it out. :)

Back