Statue Iron Studios Iron Man Statue (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they are both lovely statues so its a win win situation which ever one you end up with. All i can say now is get ready for Iron Studios next Iron Man installment and possibly their best yet with their upcoming 1/4 scale MK45 armour from Captain America Civil War :horror
I'm not sold on the pose on that one but it might (and probably will) end up fantastic anyway. :)

:lol yeah.

Is it just the drawing of the 46 so far? I left the group so no idea if they showed the proper statue.

Yea, just that sketch so far. To be honest, i wasnt expecting much just based on the sketch but seeing how well Falcon, War Machine and Black Panther have come out, i'm definately looking forward to seeing Captain America and IM next :)

just picked this up, must say I'm in awe of the size and detail. The red metallic paint is stunning, highly reflective and very deep. I went back and forth on this vs the IA battle damage Iron Man, but the pose on this one was the ultimate deciding point for me.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    556.3 KB · Views: 149
I agree the pose is amazing .and the most dynamic of all of them. The size of the piece does seem a little larger than other 1/4 iron man pieces to.

Congrats! I have this and it is one of my favorite pieces. Visitors always point it out as well. The light up effect is also cool.

Just received mine, and as expected it is the 'dreaded' special run (not really an issue to me).

image.jpeg

But damn is it big. I thought I knew approximately how big it was as I had the Cap. Boy was I wrong.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Overall it's a cool statue and I don't regret getting it, but I believe mine has a few defects (I'll get to those tomorrow, when I can take pictures in better light etc). But given that they're sold out I'll just have to accept them (if they're even issues or just in my head).

I also purchased this 1/6 scale statue from Iron Studios. I didn't see another thread for this, so I'll just post a few pics here.

(Also received and unboxed today)

image.jpeg

I'm more impressed with this piece then I thought I would be. My initial impressions are that it's a great diorama piece, with great paint apps. Like the 1/4 statue there are no painted black lines (well except for the faceplate), and as such no messy line issues. I've always hated the black lines on Iron Man statues. However they may (looking under bad light at the moment) have applied some sort of light black wash as it appears that the grooves between 'panels' may be darker then the paint around them.

image.jpeg

At first I was hesitant in attaching the Ultron sentry to Iron Man in fear of paint scratches given that the Ultron hand comes quite close to the Mark 45's right arm. But in what I believe was a good manufacturing decision Iron Studio's made the Ultron hand (and some of the plates on the back) out of a softer more plyable material. Though I'm not totally sure if I have the Sentry fully plugged in as some of the metal plug is still visable.

image.jpeg

And it doesn't look half bad without the Sentry attached (other than the metal plug sticking out). I may take further pics tomorrow.

I will say that Sentry does feel to be of a lower quality (but acceptable) than the Mark 45 part if the diorama.

But boy is it big. It's almost 2 feet tall. And like the 1/4 scale before it I think it is slightly bigger than 1/6.

This is not my pic, but feel its good for everyone who owns this piece to understand how it was made internally.

This pic shows you the internal structure of his primary leg.

The Leg is not broken in this pic, it arrived unglued from the inner pelvis.

This pic proves two things
1. The piece is not molded as one
2. There is no inner metal structure from the leg through the body.

It is really a shame since this is the most dynamically posed Mark 43 we have. Such a beautiful piece, with some poor engineering. Only time will tell

IMG_5110.JPG

That sure looks like a repair job. It looks like it's supposed to be molded into the hip.

This pic is from an active FB post this morning. The OP stated he opened up the box, and the Leg was separated from the Pelvis.

The main thing here is showing there is no metal support from the bottom of the foot up and into the Torso to provide an extra layer of strength besides the molding.

Yes. But if that big square is supposed to be slotted into the hip then it would provide the similar support. That's all I was saying. The statue itself is pretty light.

Yes. But if that big square is supposed to be slotted into the hip then it would provide the similar support. That's all I was saying. The statue itself is pretty light.

I see your point. I guess the engineers figured the huge chunky square which slots into the hip provides all the support needed.

The only reason why I posted is we never get a chance to see the inner workings of these statues. This statue has such an amazing dynamic pose, and in my opinion is the best representation of the mark 43 because of it. Just wanted to know how they did that :)

It's hard to tell anything from those pictures, but I and many friends have had ours on display since it came out with no issues.

It's hard to tell anything from those pictures, but I and many friends have had ours on display since it came out with no issues.

Agreed, I don't feel there is any problem with this piece. I just find it interesting the engineers at IS didn't use a metal rod from foot though the torso to add more stength.

Agreed, I don't feel there is any problem with this piece. I just find it interesting the engineers at IS didn't use a metal rod from foot though the torso to add more stength.

Like I said, it's actually pretty darn light. Perhaps it had something to do with how they were wired.

Back