Iron Studios: Avengers: Endgame - Thanos Legacy Replica 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I posted this in the figure thread as well

I am buying an armored thanos for sure but i cant decide if i want to go the hot toys route or the iron studios route. I like both but have to choose 1 or the other. ****ing tough decision for sure. Any advice from fellow collectors? I realize this the statue thread so answers may be slightly bias toward IS but if you could have either one which one would it be (forget about price difference). And why (better likeness, presence)??

If i did go with iron studios for my clean armored version i could always buy hot toys battle damaged thanos to go with my 1/6 figures later on

But regardless need to choose between the two clean armored versions any feedback would be appreciated

Shocked to have gotten a shipping notice on this! It?s the deluxe version. Shipping in a week. Also got my shipping notice on the Cap deluxe! Expensive month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't wait to see a video review on this.

I posted this in the figure thread as well

I am buying an armored thanos for sure but i cant decide if i want to go the hot toys route or the iron studios route. I like both but have to choose 1 or the other. ****ing tough decision for sure. Any advice from fellow collectors? I realize this the statue thread so answers may be slightly bias toward IS but if you could have either one which one would it be (forget about price difference). And why (better likeness, presence)??

If i did go with iron studios for my clean armored version i could always buy hot toys battle damaged thanos to go with my 1/6 figures later on

But regardless need to choose between the two clean armored versions any feedback would be appreciated

I'm getting the Hot Toys for sure, and maybe the Iron Studios. Not because I think the HT will be better though, mostly because of cost, space, and the fact that I already have the Infinity War IS Thanos. I also have the IW HT Thanos and truthfully I much prefer the Iron Studios statue. The statue looks way more natural and doesn't have the unsightly joints and the polystone looks superior to rubber. The IS Infinity Gauntlet has a much better paintjob than the HT. The likenesses are terrific on both.

The one area HT did a much better job with was the metallic gold paint on the costume, which could be a real issue when comparing the HT Endgame Thanos vs. the IS statue. Metallic paint is often botched by companies even on high end pieces and with all that gold armor on Endgame Thanos I want to see the production version of the IS statue before I commit to buying it. If you want a truly high end display piece the statue will likely be the play, but it costs about three times as much.

As some folks discussed in the HT thread, I wish this came with neutral, smirking, and defeated heads. Would have made it easier to pull the trigger.

As some folks discussed in the HT thread, I wish this came with neutral, smirking, and defeated heads. Would have made it easier to pull the trigger.

I think the unhelmeted head is pretty decent if you?re wanting to display with the Stark gauntlet. This may be one of the few statues that I actually change up occasionally. Many different looks.

I think the unhelmeted head is pretty decent if you?re wanting to display with the Stark gauntlet. This may be one of the few statues that I actually change up occasionally. Many different looks.

It's certainly nice to have. I got the HT figure in today and it's really nice. It has me nearly convinced that I need this statue too. I'll be excited to hear what you think of it in hand.

I finally got my notification for dlx thanos and dlx cap. Both are shipping out next week on the 25th [emoji33]

Deluxe is the way to go reg selling out first just means smaller es which is strange. You?d think it would be other way around.

I hate the word exclusive or fail, but this one def is a exclusive or fail, considering the deluxe comes with the two gauntlets also, adding the fact it its pretty badass to display the infinity gauntlet with the sword in armour form is a pretty formidable combo to display him, very surprised the regular is selling out first, or maybe the price tag puts ppl off

I hate the word exclusive or fail, but this one def is a exclusive or fail, considering the deluxe comes with the two gauntlets also, adding the fact it its pretty badass to display the infinity gauntlet with the sword in armour form is a pretty formidable combo to display him, very surprised the regular is selling out first, or maybe the price tag puts ppl off

Most exclusives are the same price as the standard edition, at least in the Sideshow Premium Format world. I think this one being more expensive is a little different and I can see folks who just want "Armored Thanos" to save a couple hundred bucks. For me, this is one of those that I'll switch out every couple months and it'll be like getting a new collectible, so I was definitely "Deluxe or Fail"...

Most exclusives are the same price as the standard edition, at least in the Sideshow Premium Format world. I think this one being more expensive is a little different and I can see folks who just want "Armored Thanos" to save a couple hundred bucks. For me, this is one of those that I'll switch out every couple months and it'll be like getting a new collectible, so I was definitely "Deluxe or Fail"...

Oh def like, imagine displaying Thanos with the two gauntlets, double snap lol 😂 I was tempted with IW Thanos but it feels like a dull statue at times, my only gripe with this statue, wish IS give us the extra bare hand to swap out the sword and nano tech gauntlet hands, as I would love to display Thanos in armour form weirding just the infinity gauntlet. One thing with this deluxe Thanos, its a fantastic statue and considering the amount of switch outs, its an outstanding price, and its refreshing to have a statue standing on both legs

Got charged for the Deluxe Thanos this morning. Waiting on a shipping notice. Should get this and Cap Deluxe the same day. I hope my wife isn't home! :)

Charged for Cap as well. Can't wait to see the production version of this Thanos! Surprised there are no pictures of it posted anywhere yet.

Got charged for the Deluxe Thanos this morning. Waiting on a shipping notice. Should get this and Cap Deluxe the same day. I hope my wife isn't home! :)

Sideshow should post a video of the production version since no one else seem to have it.

Back