Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct my email states I may have to wait up to six months, because sideshow qc failed all the remaining pieces they had. They are working with iron studios to remake the statue.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I believe the ones who have not received the statue yet now have to wait 6 months, and those who have already received theirs (with issues) will get a replacement now. Might be wrong.

yeah, for some reason I cant seem to find my email...lol.
But yeah basically that's what they said. So there will be more than a few getting smashed in 6 months I;m sure..

I believe the ones who have not received the statue yet now have to wait 6 months, and those who have already received theirs (with issues) will get a replacement now. Might be wrong.
No I have one, but have to wait cause need new Osc and railings

Also I had the chance for full refund.. If I took it then they would not remake mine.. So the run in the end could be less than 1300.

Also I had the chance for full refund.. If I took it then they would not remake mine.. So the run in the end could be less than 1300.

I would think the run could be less than half of that! But we will never know

Hey guys, just wanted to give my impressions of the Iron Studios 1/4 Scale Spiderman which has received some heavy criticism of late (and rightly so) from the majority of collectors that have already received it. Hence I was very apprehensive as to what to expect....especially after feeling so excited abt it since day 1 of PO'ing!

Okay, so let's start off with the facts...the design concept from Iron Studios is right up there with something that say XM Studios would possibly attempt...it really is an incredibly cool design, so original and nothing like we've seen before with any other Spidey statue so far - and it was this reason as to why it appealed me so much! However, whilst the design concept is fantastic, Iron Studios, in my opinion, have failed to deliver a product that reflects the mahoosive price tag. It's certainly not worth the retail price, especially when you consider how lightweight each part of the base is and not to mention how flimsy the actual frame of the base is when it's all assembled together

Luckily for me, my Spidey statue was checked prior to being shipped so everything looked great on arrival...but for those who had theirs shipped elsewhere, it was more like a game of Russian Roulette as to whether you'd get a decent one, half decent one or something that was literally undisplayable! And it's for this reason where Iron Studios have really let everyone down, including themselves. The QC for this particular statue has to be one of the worse cases in recent times and there is just no excuse for it.

With that all said, another important fact abt this piece is that despite all the crazy QC issues, the statue as a whole looks FRIKKIN' AMAZING!! (If you were lucky to get one of the good ones!) You just can't deny that visually it's an awesome sight for the collector and is definately one of those pieces that looks as though it's jumped straight out of the comic book!

So am I happy with the overall piece? Yes and No I guess...in an ideal world this statue should be worth no more than say $500 due to the cheap materials used and how flimsy each piece felt when putting it together (not forgetting various pegs not lining up with their corresponding holes, etc...) but I'll happily suck up what I paid for it and keep my statue where it is cos when on display it's like having a Spidey statue like no other in terms of the visual satisfaction.

I certainly applaud Iron Studios direction in which they were going with this piece...sadly due to being riddled with crazy QC issues and a poorly made product, these will be the reasons that will prevent this statue from ever competing with the likes of Sideshows Comiquette which in my opinion probably remains the best Spidey statue made to date!

9c1843b87bcd620fbc453ebda5cbd75b.jpg

For more pics your welcome to check out my display thread by clicking on the link below :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...n-studios-1-4-scale-spiderman-statue-790.html

I wonder if a second edition would be made with better QC? I wouldn't want Spidey in a different suit with this though. Glad you got a good one and thanks for the info!

I wonder if a second edition would be made with better QC? I wouldn't want Spidey in a different suit with this though. Glad you got a good one and thanks for the info!

Thanks buddy! :)

My guess is that they'll prob try to align the pegs on the base better so that your able to assemble it correctly. Some of these bases that were sent out to collectors had the pegs and holes so far away from each other that it almost became impossible to assemble it! I doubt very much that they will manufacture a totally new base with stronger materials...i think it will be made in exactly the same way with the same lightweight materials but this time with a tighter QC. I guess we'll find out in 6 months time :(

Thanks buddy! :)

My guess is that they'll prob try to align the pegs on the base better so that your able to assemble it correctly. Some of these bases that were sent out to collectors had the pegs and holes so far away from each other that it almost became impossible to assemble it! I doubt very much that they will manufacture a totally new base with stronger materials...i think it will be made in exactly the same way with the same lightweight materials but this time with a tighter QC. I guess we'll find out in 6 months time :(

Sideshow with me keeps sending me emails saying we will refund you at any time if you dont want to wait, and I am like nope I will wait for a perfectly QC mint statue thank you very much. This to me is a once in a lifetime statue. After this debacle no one will try to do such an dynamic statue with so many pieces.

Sideshow with me keeps sending me emails saying we will refund you at any time if you dont want to wait, and I am like nope I will wait for a perfectly QC mint statue thank you very much. This to me is a once in a lifetime statue. After this debacle no one will try to do such an dynamic statue with so many pieces.

Yeah it's worth waiting for, I gave up on it myself who knows in 6 months. Let's wait and see

Props to you bro for sticking to your guns! Now that i have mine i must say that i can't stop looking at it! I know i said in my review that due to all the QC issues, it would prob deny this piece from ever competing with the OG Comiquette as the best Spidey collectible made to date (in my opinion of course)...but visually, the IS Spidey is just breathtaking and like you mentioned, there isnt a statue quite like it at the moment in regards to its dynamic pose and crazy dioramic base. If you can get a good one (which hopefully wont be too long a wait) then bro...the wait wouldve been worth it! :)

Props to you bro for sticking to your guns! Now that i have mine i must say that i can't stop looking at it! I know i said in my review that due to all the QC issues, it would prob deny this piece from ever competing with the OG Comiquette as the best Spidey collectible made to date (in my opinion of course)...but visually, the IS Spidey is just breathtaking and like you mentioned, there isnt a statue quite like it at the moment in regards to its dynamic pose and crazy dioramic base. If you can get a good one (which hopefully wont be too long a wait) then bro...the wait wouldve been worth it! :)
Yeah it's worth the wait. They are remaking it and will qc before they send so I may have to wait but I will get a mint one

Hmmm I've ever only gotten one email from them stating the above. just opted to wait for a new batch.

Hey guys thought I'd jump in here and show off what I picked up last week. I saw this first on a youtube video from one of the comic cons that went on this year. Thought this thing was barely coming out for pre-order boy was I wrong. I googled the statue to find out where I could preorder it to find Sideshow had it waitlisted already... my heart sank. I looked on Ebay to see its going for almost double what they were asking for at retail. I jump back on Sideshow hoping I still might be able to grab one with the waitlist and was able to place the order. But then got to thinking and decided to hit up the threads to see what other fellow collectors were saying and their thoughts on this statue and that's when I came across the issues you guys were discussing with the QC. I wasn't a fan honestly for the new Spidey PF so I passed on it mainly because I thought the base wasn't that great and in the end that was beneficial for me. I decide to take a stab at it didn't tell the Mrs why we were taking a trip with a friend to my local comic shop and sure enough there he was! I asked the guy how many they had he said 3 at first. Then I ask to see all 3 knowing about the QC issues with hopes on getting the best one of the three. Then another guy comes over saying that 2 out of the 3 were damaged and they had to return them back to Sideshow. My friend and I discussed it long and hard and in the end I went with the one they had. Mind you this one doesn't have a lot of the issues that people were talking about it was mainly the seams where the arms and legs met that I wasn't sure of at first. I decide I could live with it and that they were nothing major rather then missing out on another awesome 1/4 Spidey. I pulled the trigger not sure if the other 2 might get broken on the way back to the store or may still have issues that they cannot fix. Anyway just thought I would share my experience with what I think is a nice Grail imo. But man was I nervous when putting this thing together and nothing broke along the way thank God. I finally have my Spidey to complete the trio and I gotta say it was well worth the wait. :yess:
20161022_215510[1].jpg
I added some small LEDs haven't really set them exactly where I want them yet just wanted to throw them on for the picture and I'll perfect the placement later. I tried adding more pics that I had taken but for the life of me could not get them to rotate so this is the only one I can put up for now. I think it does a great job of capturing the dynamic of all 3. Kinda reminds me of a Maximum Carnage or Sinister Six scene. Spidey got away from them with the help of Venom just to run into Carnage.

Hey guys thought I'd jump in here and show off what I picked up last week. I saw this first on a youtube video from one of the comic cons that went on this year. Thought this thing was barely coming out for pre-order boy was I wrong. I googled the statue to find out where I could preorder it to find Sideshow had it waitlisted already... my heart sank. I looked on Ebay to see its going for almost double what they were asking for at retail. I jump back on Sideshow hoping I still might be able to grab one with the waitlist and was able to place the order. But then got to thinking and decided to hit up the threads to see what other fellow collectors were saying and their thoughts on this statue and that's when I came across the issues you guys were discussing with the QC. I wasn't a fan honestly for the new Spidey PF so I passed on it mainly because I thought the base wasn't that great and in the end that was beneficial for me. I decide to take a stab at it didn't tell the Mrs why we were taking a trip with a friend to my local comic shop and sure enough there he was! I asked the guy how many they had he said 3 at first. Then I ask to see all 3 knowing about the QC issues with hopes on getting the best one of the three. Then another guy comes over saying that 2 out of the 3 were damaged and they had to return them back to Sideshow. My friend and I discussed it long and hard and in the end I went with the one they had. Mind you this one doesn't have a lot of the issues that people were talking about it was mainly the seams where the arms and legs met that I wasn't sure of at first. I decide I could live with it and that they were nothing major rather then missing out on another awesome 1/4 Spidey. I pulled the trigger not sure if the other 2 might get broken on the way back to the store or may still have issues that they cannot fix. Anyway just thought I would share my experience with what I think is a nice Grail imo. But man was I nervous when putting this thing together and nothing broke along the way thank God. I finally have my Spidey to complete the trio and I gotta say it was well worth the wait. :yess:
View attachment 299971
I added some small LEDs haven't really set them exactly where I want them yet just wanted to throw them on for the picture and I'll perfect the placement later. I tried adding more pics that I had taken but for the life of me could not get them to rotate so this is the only one I can put up for now. I think it does a great job of capturing the dynamic of all 3. Kinda reminds me of a Maximum Carnage or Sinister Six scene. Spidey got away from them with the help of Venom just to run into Carnage.

That is simply fantastic to hear that you got a good one. I'm not sure if I want this one anymore. There are too many things holding me back from ever ordering it. The seams don't bother me that much. But I'm more concerned about things snapping off when moving it. It has happened to a few people already. Other than that it looks amazing still. As long as your completely happy with it that what counts. Unfortunately I don't think anyone would pay more than the asking price because it's a very very big risk of damage 50 50 I reckon

I hope you guys that are sticking to your guns and waiting get one in the condition you want. He demands attention IMO. I know XM has theirs coming out which everyone is comparing the IS Spidey to and the quality will prolly be there but I was just a bigger fan of IS base so it was worth the risk.

Back