Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'll be better for it. It's like console wars.

8115248.jpg

both tentacles wont fit, both signs, stairs wont fit. This should have been pre built and all polystone.
I read that they plan to fix this piece, is this a complete rebuild.

Last edited:
Yikes.

This mismanagement (not having QC check out product before it ships) is unreal to me.

That's just straight up rude to customers who spend hundreds of dollars and wait years for a piece to come in.

I really feel for you guys who have received broken or shoddy statues.

Having said that, I have the iron studios civil war black panther on pre-order.

Do you think I should cancel the order and spend the funds on a sideshow item I know won't have to go back into production?

The detail on the piece is insane and there are only 470 of them / black panther is an excellent character, but I really like the Sideshow Phoenix and am drifting toward canceling due to the complete disregard of the customers in this case!

What do you think I should do?

Do any of you guys have more experience with iron studios?

Thank you!

Yikes.

This mismanagement (not having QC check out product before it ships) is unreal to me.

That's just straight up rude to customers who spend hundreds of dollars and wait years for a piece to come in.

Do you think I should cancel the order and spend the funds on a sideshow item I know won't have to go back into production?

The detail on the piece is insane and there are only 470 of them / black panther is an excellent character, but I really like the Sideshow Phoenix and am drifting toward canceling due to the complete disregard of the customers in this case!

Thank you!

I also have Black Panther and Falcon on pre order! I don't think This senario will repeat itself. This was a complicated piece in the first place with too many risk factors! Let's hope Iron Studios learns from this failure. I've made the decision to switch to XM studios for all future releases. But I will still go for a few Iron Studio pieces. SIDESHOW have a few good pieces to look forward too including Hulk vs Wolverine Rocket & Groot

Yikes.

Thank you!

How would you know this? Sideshow isn't exactly the bastion of QC.

How would you know this? Sideshow isn't exactly the bastion of QC.

Very true!

They have had problems in the past but (hopefully) they have learned from them and they are a more established company.

I've never had any issues with them!

I've never seen any piece with so many bad things going on for it. Such a waste of a good sculpt. Three broken parts. Plastic parts. Rubber parts. Never again!

I know! I have the Hulk v Wolverine on pre-order and I can't wait!

I hope sideshow does more diorama pieces soon (and I told them as much in the survey)!

They add so much and make the statue more dynamic and have a better story!

Thank you for the help! I'm really crossing my fingers with the black panther.

Okay my piece had minor issues only. The ralings cracked on the bottom and OSC at the top the three pins do not line up. Asked for new ones. Got an email back they need to remake my statue up to a six moth wait. DANG.

So ssc wanted me to destroy the entire statue since a small part of the oscorp sign was broken. Cool, no problem.

After seeing Bmutha's review and how he broke a part while taping I tried to make certain I was extra careful taking my statue down just for a piece of mind even though I was about to smash this entire thing with a hammer. In the process I broke about 3-4 parts. They just snapped and chipped with ease. Even the claw just fell off due to the weak magnet and broke. No hammer needed for that. Good luck to anyone in the future who ever has to take this thing a part to sell or move.

So ssc wanted me to destroy the entire statue since a small part of the oscorp sign was broken. Cool, no problem.

After seeing Bmutha's review and how he broke a part while taping I tried to make certain I was extra careful taking my statue down just for a piece of mind even though I was about to smash this entire thing with a hammer. In the process I broke about 3-4 parts. They just snapped and chipped with ease. Even the claw just fell off due to the weak magnet and broke. No hammer needed for that. Good luck to anyone in the future who ever has to take this thing a part to sell or move.

As much as I like this one, this scares me.

I think I'll end up passing, regretfully. Looks really nice though.

well not sure about redesigning or fixing, but I do know according to the email I had from them, that they are basically getting a whole new batch of statues made and sent to them....So I might not know what I'm talking about, but if it were me I would make sure some of the earlier defects were corrected of why even bother making new ones....lol. Of course it's not like some of these companys think that much..

Back