Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh that's not good! You gonna return yours? Or keep it

It depends on what the situation may be. If they recall the statues to have the problem areas addressed and fixed, I would definitely send it in. I wouldn't mind having the seams improved and the chipped parts fixed.
If they're recalling and giving refunds then I'd prefer to hold on to my statue.

It depends on what the situation may be. If they recall the statues to have the problem areas addressed and fixed, I would definitely send it in. I wouldn't mind having the seams improved and the chipped parts fixed.
If they're recalling and giving refunds then I'd prefer to hold on to my statue.

Interesting! It's also quite sad that this thread is turning into a topic of a dud rather than a masterpiece! Personally I still want this piece when they fix the issues with it.

It's also quite sad that this thread is turning into a topic of a dud rather than a masterpiece! Personally I still want this piece when they fix the issues with it.

Will post some pics up shortly along with a short review but everything looks great from where i'm standing. Yes i was fortunate enough to have mine checked prior to shipping so i'm definately one of the lucky ones...but this piece is without doubt one of the most aesthetically pleasing Spidey statues on the market right now...just a shame that it's riddled with so many QC issues that will, in the long term, prevent this piece from ever achieving the potential it deserved :(

Here's a quick pic....more to follow :)

5d1180a799ba9a0f9bdb9a69fb1496e3.jpg

Will post some pics up shortly along with a short review but everything looks great from where i'm standing. Yes i was fortunate enough to have mine checked prior to shipping so i'm definately one of the lucky ones...but this piece is without doubt one of the most aesthetically pleasing Spidey statues on the market right now...just a shame that it's riddled with so many QC issues that will, in the long term, prevent this piece from ever achieving the potential it deserved :(

Here's a quick pic....more to follow :)

5d1180a799ba9a0f9bdb9a69fb1496e3.jpg

That's always good to hear and see! Glad you got a good one! Thanks for sharing. I would agree the dynamics of this is the best I've seen. Looks like 2017 for me then. I'm sure they will address the issues

If I be promised to get a better replacement,I will happy to accept because I love that design.

:lol:lol:lol at the people saying because this piece has some issues and they are actually making an effort to fix these issues that this is now a dude or ****** statue....Do people know how many piece SSC and other companies have produced that have had major issues (at release time) and nothing was done to fix the issues with the same old "we checked our stock and every single statue has the same issue or is no better than yours" BS response, only for them same pieces to be sought after by many collectors months or years down the road...

My friend got a destroy order from Sideshow, even though he only had two small issues with his. They must have gone through the statues they had and are shipping replacements while unfulfilled orders are waiting for a new batch. They stated their "expert QA" has gone through the replacements. Needless to say, he is quite worried about having to destroy a statue with very little wrong with it on the hope that the replacement he receives is better.

A piece of the bottom part of the Oscorp sign was broken off, and one of the tentacles had a chip out of the corner like it was dropped or something. That's it.

I hate that I'm regretting ordering this statue. Wish I could return it and just forget about it. One bad news after another.

A piece of the bottom part of the Oscorp sign was broken off, and one of the tentacles had a chip out of the corner like it was dropped or something. That's it.

Wait so let me make sure I'm understanding. They are asking him to destroy the entire statue just because of those small issues? Or are they asking him to smash the sign and tentacle only to receive new ones?

You are definitely understanding. They are asking for it to be destroyed entirely in order to send a complete replacement. I know it makes no sense, but I saw the email. He even replied, asking why he couldn't wait for the replacement to make sure it was better. He even offered to pay for the replacement and get a refund upon destroying the original, but they still said no. They stated the replacement would be fully checked by their "expert staff."

Wow! That's extremely hard to believe. I'm wondering if everyone who has emailed them about issues is going to be getting the same letter. I mean from what we've all read most of everyone has had some sort of issue.

Contacted the rep that had been working with me on a replacement yesterday after I saw others got an email. His response:

"We should have a resolution with Iron Studios on how they would like to proceed with this very shortly!!! Just hang tight a little bit longer!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just now got an email from them telling me to break the single part I have an issue with. At least that's how I'm reading it.

Maybe the reason for my friend's destroy was because of the tentacles fitting. I don't know.

So, I reluctantly helped him break the statue, and let me set the record straight on one thing for the "plastic" people. Very little of this statue is actually plastic. The main sign supports, the letters, the stairs, even the railing, are all polystone.

The only plastic on the statue is the glass, of course, the surface of the stairs, and the small straps on the sign. That's pretty much it.

You are definitely understanding. They are asking for it to be destroyed entirely in order to send a complete replacement. I know it makes no sense, but I saw the email. He even replied, asking why he couldn't wait for the replacement to make sure it was better. He even offered to pay for the replacement and get a refund upon destroying the original, but they still said no. They stated the replacement would be fully checked by their "expert staff."

If he does that he mighty not get his replacement until next year?

Back