Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think people are entitled to their own opinions when paying so much for this piece! If it has issues like gaps which seems across the board then return it for a refund. I'm more concerned about the fitment issues. There clearly is a problem with this piece and it's more of a lottery if you get a good one or not. I still think it's worth Keeping if you got a good one. What bothers me is 3 people including myself had this on order and it didn't convert and ship? And now it's been pushed back to November. In a way that could be a good thing because it could mean the issues are being addressed. Only time can tell. I still love this statue as a whole and think it's still worth getting and keeping if your one of the lucky ones with no issues. This isn't a cheap statue to buy.

Yesterday they recieved my returned spiderman , so however gets the #377 make sure stairs fits properly and claw lightbulb is new..mine was chipped, also on the hand that goes to the back had a snall chipped on one of the fingers...everything came like that from factory...paint on spiderman was good end if everything was corrected, good for you . Enjoy it

Yesterday they recieved my returned spiderman , so however gets the #377 make sure stairs fits properly and claw lightbulb is new..mine was chipped, also on the hand that goes to the back had a snall chipped on one of the fingers...everything came like that from factory...paint on spiderman was good end if everything was corrected, good for you . Enjoy it

does it still have the seams on spiderman?

does it still have the seams on spiderman?

I would think so, as the seams appear to be part of the design and not a manufacturing error. No matter how unslightly we may view them as.

But if you're talking about possible gaps between the seams (or missalignments e.g head/neck), then that's something else.

So just got my CC statement, looks like they charged my card out almost a month ago but still haven't shipped this as they told me they are checking every piece before they ship them out now....lol. So they got my money and still haven't shipped it out. I've never had this happen and would think they wouldn't charge till at least they know it's shipping for sure....I don't envy ssc on this piece, everything that could go wrong has gone wrong so far...

A new mass email is coming soon according to Sideshow regarding this piece.

Here's mine. :)

IMG_20160925_131501 (Copy).jpg

IMG_20160926_210133 (Copy).jpg

I just got the mass email from Sideshow. It said thanks for reaching out (which I didn't) but that they had a ton of issues with this piece. They inspected them all and sent them back. My last payment has been moved to April 2017.

I just got the mass email from Sideshow. It said thanks for reaching out (which I didn't) but that they had a ton of issues with this piece. They inspected them all and sent them back. My last payment has been moved to April 2017.

Does this imply that they're going into production again? To fix all the issues or only some of them?

I can see them fixing the fitting issues.

But I doubt they'll alter the use of plastic. Which for many was a big issue.

And given that the seams on Spidey appear to be intentional, if it does go back into production will they alter the molds given the backlash?

From my email this morning:

"Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your Iron Studios Spider-Man statue. We had a number of our collectors report that upon opening their item it was broken or flawed. As such, we decided to halt shipment of the remaining items and begin individually inspecting them. Unfortunately, all of the Spiderman statues failed inspection resulting in remaining orders to be put on hold.

Our staff has been working closely with Iron Studios, the manufacturer of this item, to provide an acceptable solution. They want to make sure you are happy with their item and have agreed to remake the statue for you. However, this process will take up to six months to complete. In the meantime, Sideshow can keep your order on hold so that you do not lose your item or lose any international conversion fees, which may have been charged by your bank"

They are going back into production.

After this recent announcement, it'll be funny to see those collectors who claim they got a good and/or flawless one, secretly come out of denial stage and claim their's is all of a sudden defective. Unless of course they're just only remaking the ones that haven't shipped yet.

After this recent announcement, it'll be funny to see those collectors who claim they got a good and/or flawless one, secretly come out of denial stage and claim their's is all of a sudden defective. Unless of course they're just only remaking the ones that haven't shipped yet.

Nope. Mine is good. I highly doubt all the ones SS inspected were bad, which is also pretty ironic with Sideshow's awful QC record.

If Iron Studios makes significant changes, such as recasting the figure in one piece, then your snide remark wouldn't really apply because of the changes, and people should be entitled to the improvements.

Although, from your previous posts, I know you feel superior in your collecting objectivity.

Good on them. If this statue is executed correctly it will be worth the wait. As for me I'm returning mine as the Sideshow piece really reflects well with my Marvel hero collection which is also all sideshow.

Plus the extra funds will go toward the new Loki PF. If I had a Spidey cave I'd keep both versions but I have a Thor cave so the two statues (SSC Loki and Spidey EX) with points equals the same I spent on IS. Two statues for the price of one.

Back