Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And right after I posted, it was like *magic* at the door.....

My review of Iron Studios 1/4 Winter Soldier (or at least the one I got, anyway):

:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:blissy:rock:inlove:fireworks

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_frontside.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_face.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_face_side.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_face2.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_stairs.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_rifle.jpg

WinterSoldier_IronStudios_back.jpg

Everything Phoenix says IMO is true - assembly is a TINY bit fiddly - for a bit I was turning the head around and around because of the hair needing to be positioned right, and you do have to be cautious posting him - but re a production piece, my most-wanted piece, he's perfect. I mean perfect. No googly eyes, you can see the pattern of the jacket cloth, IMO he's actually kind of better in person because in 3D you can really "feel" the sense of movement of the piece.:love

Don't know if Bucky #2 will be "perfect" but right now, I'm in awe:thud:. And like the best facial photos and sculpts IMO, it's kind of like he changes expression depending on the angle. The arm while not chrome has this soft shimmer to it. Like Falcon the base seems lighter but Bucky is heavy. Gun and hands seem to be plastic but nothing feels cheesy, at all. Rifle beautifully detailed. Right now I am so d@mn glad I have another Bucky on PO.:yess:

Course, things can always go wrong:( - was so tense opening him at first I couldn't find the hand holding the magazine and was freaking out LOL:panic: - but guess the "poly gods" figured this fan couldn't take the stress:lol and sent a perfect Bucky LOL.

PS. And it's the first and last time this guy will be in direct sunlight:horror, but sunlight is ruthless so there yah go. He's perfect (as you can get re a production piece IMO - there's always some little nit but I'd have to work at it it come up with something here).

I was planning to do that for yah:)! And, at the moment, Falcon's sitting right here on the desk, but no way HE can go on the hutch 'coz the wings angle backward too much. At some point I'll move these figs to their permanent spot but right now just want them near me so I can bask in the glory of them:lol *happiness*. Bucky'll have some desk time too.:monkey3

*Pricey* for sure:crying. Refuse to think about it (denial is always an option:devil). But I actually gasped at my first in-hand look at BP and can't stop staring at Falcon's *perfection* (like the metallic sheen of his boots:love). Crossing my fingers for Bucky who is being held somewhere, apparently, by the CIA on the U.S. east coast...:impatient: (He's MINE, give him to meeeeeee!!!!!!......LOL)

PS. And I know folks are waiting a LOT longer - for statues, for figs:(. Guess IS purchasers in this case are better off tho than some stories I've read where folks waited like 2 years for certain pieces OMG:horror

Edit:
Here yah go! And it's like Bucky was MADE for folks who own a Hemnes desk unit - he's a perfect fit w. maybe 1/2 -3/4" to spare - and this is where one of the Buckys is gonna stay, too!

View attachment 332862

View attachment 332863

View attachment 332864

View attachment 332866
Kyaaa~~~~ you got him!!! Congrats!! *__* So glad he fits Hemnes so well! I can't wait to finally have my Buck up here so I can stare at him all day ... *_*

Damn, I don't know how I'll be able to wait till mid June for this guy. ToT I almost feel the need to get another one from SS just so I can have him earlier but that's not something I can afford (especially not after I finally bought the Winter Soldier artbook recently and that cost me a fortune) ... so I'll just sit here and wait for him and hope he's fine. :panic:

Looks really good, Sassafras! Still can't believe the detailing on the clothes - they look like fabric!

He's really great:clap. Even if this wasn't my favorite character IMO "humans" seem to be the toughest thing for companies to pull off. Swear I will do better pics at some point but his back is equally good, like Falcon all the cloth wrinkles, sculpted hands, gloves are little works of art, even the tiny bullet in the magazine.
You can see the cloth patterns; dust on his boots. This is one handsome figure all around, and he's in a fluid "moving pose" yet. Seems stable like Falcon and BP. Face paint is terrific (outside of a custom job$$$$) Just beautifully done.:clap

Kyaaa~~~~ you got him!!! Congrats!! *__* So glad he fits Hemnes so well! I can't wait to finally have my Buck up here so I can stare at him all day ... *_*

Thank you:)! I'm glad he fits the desk unit too and it's like it's a perfect place for him! LOL I wish I didn't have to get going, was a road of sorts for me to this point and I'd like to just sit and STARE:cool:. Crossing my fingers that all these pieces start shipping for all!:pray:

Edit:
Meanwhile, IS finally some pics up of its CW stuff (as well as SW)...so I guess you can jet over to Brazil and pick Bucky and co. up. There was a post on the statue forum that there's a smaller con coming up in Argentina and IS will be there *possibly* showing off new stuff - maybe.

Instagram IS Concept Store pic:love - IMO worth every cent OMG!:clap Think I need to mod the Hemnes desk unit somehow so I can look up and see this...:drool

Iron_Studios_CivilWar_TeamCap.jpg

Falcon_WM_IS.jpg

Prototype pic from Insta. The eyes on my WS are very good:clap, but IMO the protos are better - or I like them better:monkey3. Not sure if worth redoing or not (why mess up a good thing?) - it'll be interesting comparing Bucky #2 when he gets here. Far as I can tell, the eyes are done w. decals + paint (like Ultron Cap) but maybe the proto is all paint?

Because here the eyes look a bit dark blue vs. the green/brown/hazel of earlier pics; brows are different. I'm just glad my "factory paint" came out as well as it did, for Falcon and BP too.:clap Other than the eye/brow difference not seeing any variance in my pieces from protos:clap

Having had Falcon and Bucky for a bit now - just love these pieces.:love

Iron_studios_winter_soldier_quarterscale_opt.jpg

Last edited:
Wow thank you! That's awesome!

It fits on my besta.

Here's a couple of pics of how Falcon and Winter Soldier will look on top of a Besta unit. Please note that both wings are pretty much touching the back wall of which there's a couple of inches of space between the back of the Besta and the wall.

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0627.jpg

Doesn't leave much space in front

Thanks for the pic! I love the look of these two but I'm not sure about getting them due to space concerns.

Thanks for the pic! I love the look of these two but I'm not sure about getting them due to space concerns.

For sure. IMO not so much Bucky, tho he's definitely "tall" he doesn't have a big footprint width-wise. Actually Falcon's base doesn't take up space IMO, it's those spectacular wings.

On the other hand, I can't stop admiring the poses, clean paint, portrait sculpts...you can see tiny, tiny rivets between the joints of the upper metal arm. Just the way the "fabrics" are done on both Falcon and Bucky - it looks real w. the textures and folding.:love

IMO they look great stand-alone but the effect paired is jaw-dropping. LOL didn't count on loving the pair so much I'd want a second set $$$$ but just love the effect of having them above a work space *thinking hard* $$$$ (LOL, curse you Iron Studios!!!!:lol) And Cap isn't even out yet (more space needed!:horror)

(Do wonder if a custom recast of Falcon's wing's could be done - of the handle side only - so in theory you could use a "bent" rod to hold the wings and they are not angled back, but held more "flat". Tho WS's rifle would probably touch the wings then. Just a customizing thought...would be a big job for someone who can cast and paint and knows what they're doing!!!!)

Phoenix, great pics and great set-up:clap! Bats isn't a favorite of mine, but IMO that's a great Batman piece. As is IS' 1/3 Batman $$$$$:horror

Just got my notice from SSC on Bucky #2 - looks like I should have him about mid-May or so (depending on shipping speed when he's paid for! $$$) Hope he's as problem-free and perfect as Bucky #1:pray:

SPOILED so far w these 1/4 Iron Studios pieces!:cool: We'll see if SSC's rumored? extra QC checking holds up, tho I didn't have issues so far anyway.:cool:

Just got the early processing email for Bucky... :panic: Shipping on the 1st...

Happy for yah:) and hope you get a "flawless" piece! Aaaagh:(....was offered early processing and gotta travel, so have a slight delay *&^%$! :mad: but OK, not like I don't already have a perfect Bucky:monkey3 - got lucky since I've had him for a bit, and still, at least the one I received is as perfect as anything I will ever buy, I think...for production work anyway.

IS just did an OUTSTANDING job IMO....:love

IronStudios_wintersoldier_arm.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_stairdetail.jpg

Even the stairs/metal texture and paint job blow my mind on all these IS pieces - luv it. If you look carefully at the upper arm plates you can see tiny rivets in between the sections - OMG. (Just reminds me of that WS scene w. Cap where you see the plates locking together during the end knife fighting. And it's just more stunning details)

IronStudios_wintersoldier_front.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_side.jpg

Yep, this is why I'm getting Bucky #2:love. Jeez, I swear his expression changes depending on the viewing angle - luv that too (and the fact I didn't get googly eyes:horror). Because this is a gorgeous, beautifully sculpted and detailed badass WS, and (eventually) gotta move one of 'em next to Falcon. But liked having Bucky above my computer so much, needed another $$$$:devil.

Anyway, thanks to having a squared base and being more or less vertical, he's easy to put another figure next to - probably another Cap, one day. This may not be the "flashiest" figure but it's just - IMO perfect. A perfect CW Winter Soldier.

:clap Kitana, that's gorgeous - looks like the proto. Hope my #2 looks that good - congrats, glad stuff is shipping! :duff

Thanks for posting the vid! Just ordered WS and Cap. I am stopping with that pair but War Machine is back in stock in low quantity if anyone is interested. Also getting the Iron Studios Vader later on this year.

Thanks for posting the vid! Just ordered WS and Cap. I am stopping with that pair but War Machine is back in stock in low quantity if anyone is interested. Also getting the Iron Studios Vader later on this year.

You should get Falcon as well to complete the diorama set.

IMO Falcon is the best piece, not withstanding any feelings I have for the character one way or the other.

You should get Falcon as well to complete the diorama set.

IMO Falcon is the best piece, not withstanding any feelings I have for the character one way or the other.

It would make sense to get him too but I'm just not interested enough in the character considering the price and the real estate taken up by that wingspan. It does look very nice though. Cap and Winter Soldier are my favorite marvel characters and the way the pieces work together was a big selling point. That said I would have much preferred Winter Soldier's original attire even though it would not have been chronologically accurate. But I figure this will be the best quarter scale Winter Soldier we get. Cap's civil war uniform is my favorite of his though.

What I would give to get 1/4 like this from The Winter Soldier movie ... Buck in that gorgeous leather outfit and Steve with the stealth suit ... :love definitely would have preferred that over CW ...

Also I wasn’t aware Kitana is that YouTube guy ... interesting. Reminds me of a nice discussion over at FB I read not too long ago ...

Anyway~~~ without watching the review, I hope my WS looks as good as the prototype. I should be getting him mid June or so. Can't wait! *_*

What I would give to get 1/4 like this from The Winter Soldier movie ... Buck in that gorgeous leather outfit and Steve with the stealth suit ... :love definitely would have preferred that over CW ...

Also I wasn’t aware Kitana is that YouTube guy ... interesting. Reminds me of a nice discussion over at FB I read not too long ago ...

Anyway~~~ without watching the review, I hope my WS looks as good as the prototype. I should be getting him mid June or so. Can't wait! *_*
Would u prefer I not post here? Thats fine. I won't post again. Those who want to see my collection and statues can subscribe to my YouTube. Those who want to see falcon and 1/3 scorpion I get tomorrow. See my YouTube. I'm out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Would u prefer I not post here? Thats fine. I won't post again. Those who want to see my collection and statues can subscribe to my YouTube. Those who want to see falcon and 1/3 scorpion I get tomorrow. See my YouTube. I'm out

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Oh you can post wherever you want, it's a free world. I was just surprised to find out who you are. Just thought it was interesting to read you here after some of the information certain FB groups provide, which I gotta say, I totally did not expect. But please, don't let it bother you. :) I won't say no more. I was just kinda looking forward to a video review of WS and it's kind of a bummer I need to wait for another. :(

Back