Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A couple months ago I had to cancel this (and a lot of other stuff) due to my Wife having heart surgery back in August and not working for a couple months. Happy to say everything went great, she's back to work and as of today I have this bad boy back on order!:yess:

I was hoping this wouldn't sell out before I could re-order it. This really is everything that I want in a Vader piece - he looks so damn menacing and IS really nailed his proportions. I could have dealt with keeping the SS PF if the proportions were better but IMO his head looks too big and the shoulders seem too narrow, which isn't a good combo. The only real plus with the SS PF is the AC adapter but no big deal since I don't plan on using the light up features or light saber on the IS Vader anyway.

A couple months ago I had to cancel this (and a lot of other stuff) due to my Wife having heart surgery back in August and not working for a couple months. Happy to say everything went great, she's back to work and as of today I have this bad boy back on order!:yess:

I was hoping this wouldn't sell out before I could re-order it. This really is everything that I want in a Vader piece - he looks so damn menacing and IS really nailed his proportions. I could have dealt with keeping the SS PF if the proportions were better but IMO his head looks too big and the shoulders seem too narrow, which isn't a good combo. The only real plus with the SS PF is the AC adapter but no big deal since I don't plan on using the light up features or light saber on the IS Vader anyway.

Always great to hear positive stuff like this! Glad your wife is well and congrats on the statue!

Looking forward to getting this as well! Not getting here until Friday. Interesting that Sideshow's chosen delivery method barely beats the Pony Express.....

More than 1,800 miles in 10 days! From St. Joseph, Missouri, to Sacramento, California the Pony Express could deliver a letter faster than ever before.

Kudos for doin' what needed to be done and getting through surgery - all that kind of stuff is so harsh so glad to hear of a happy ending. Maybe IS being lesser known at times gives folks a bit of a window before sell-out + there are other Vaders.

But the CW 1/4 are long gone from SSC except IM which hasn't been released yet. Some of them went real fast - as I recall BP, Falcon, and WM sold out before shipping; Cap sold out slightly after shipping; WS sold out, came back, and then sold out. Probably 'coz after shipping the in-hand reviews. I seriously couldn't tell the difference between my pieces and a prototype - I mean when you turn a piece over and around looking at every inch. Even the joins for the arms were clean, smooth, and finished. IMO you are right about the sculpting re every CW piece the sculpt/pose/musculature etc. is brilliant - natural and flowing.

So believe you will be happy with Vader. Wish I could *responsibly* get him. I sort of feel now LOL that this Vader belongs with folks who collect SW and will appreciate him and the workmanship. IS seems to be that good with paint and sculpt. After the CW pieces were gone, e-bay prices went up, too.

Really happy to hear your wife is ok, Nazgul. Also like seeing examples of responsible collectors. A lot of us have a tendency of letting hobbies consume our lifestyle and sometimes use poor judgement. These are just things afterall.

That said, glad it worked out and you were able to order the statue once more. It really does look epic. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Always great to hear positive stuff like this! Glad your wife is well and congrats on the statue!

Looking forward to getting this as well! Not getting here until Friday. Interesting that Sideshow's chosen delivery method barely beats the Pony Express.....

More than 1,800 miles in 10 days! From St. Joseph, Missouri, to Sacramento, California the Pony Express could deliver a letter faster than ever before.
That is a bit special, while the international delivery with DHL now is very fast. They used to use FedEx which took approx 1 week to me, maybe a few days more, and now with DHL it’s 2-3 business days here to Europe.

Kudos for doin' what needed to be done and getting through surgery - all that kind of stuff is so harsh so glad to hear of a happy ending. Maybe IS being lesser known at times gives folks a bit of a window before sell-out + there are other Vaders.

But the CW 1/4 are long gone from SSC except IM which hasn't been released yet. Some of them went real fast - as I recall BP, Falcon, and WM sold out before shipping; Cap sold out slightly after shipping; WS sold out, came back, and then sold out. Probably 'coz after shipping the in-hand reviews. I seriously couldn't tell the difference between my pieces and a prototype - I mean when you turn a piece over and around looking at every inch. Even the joins for the arms were clean, smooth, and finished. IMO you are right about the sculpting re every CW piece the sculpt/pose/musculature etc. is brilliant - natural and flowing.

So believe you will be happy with Vader. Wish I could *responsibly* get him. I sort of feel now LOL that this Vader belongs with folks who collect SW and will appreciate him and the workmanship. IS seems to be that good with paint and sculpt. After the CW pieces were gone, e-bay prices went up, too.

Really happy to hear your wife is ok, Nazgul. Also like seeing examples of responsible collectors. A lot of us have a tendency of letting hobbies consume our lifestyle and sometimes use poor judgement. These are just things afterall.

That said, glad it worked out and you were able to order the statue once more. It really does look epic. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Thanks much! :duff

Congrats to your wife also !!!!!!! And.. now you still going to get this :) Perfect ending :)

Great News NK really better than hearing how great the statue is!!!!

With or without all the hits and misses for SS they do have the best video and special effects team for promos hands down. I did enjoy the Alien Dog promo but not sure who did it. If SS has QC as good as their promo dept. they’d be the best statues made.

I also think ES has no effect on the quality as others have said SS has so many different pieces they have poor QC. I’d prefer they just take longer and get a better paint company. Heck if they just get the prototype painter to do all the work they’d be golden lol

Can’t see any cosmetic shortcuts or anything that looks different than the proto. It’s really a great, great piece and the paint is fantastic. The glossy parts look great, the snow and the snow effect on the cape as well. If I’m to be critical, I would say two things might have been better: Turning the lights on on the chest box and belt is a bit of a hassle which will make me turn them on less than the saber/spotlight. But I understand that it’s difficult doing it otherwise, especially the belt. And changing batteries on the bottom of the base will also be a bit of work (that goes for almost all statues with batteries though). And the wire in the cape could’ve been a little stronger to make it easier to pose/stay in place, such as Prime 1 have done.

Thank you for the feedback.

Nazgul King so glad to hear the wife is better and back to work. This piece will sell out so the timing is good. Congrats!

Nazgul King family always comes first. Glad shes good now and you still got this Vader!!! I'm excited to see your pics...I like the Sam ones. :)

Great news about your wife's successful heart surgery, Nazgul King :clap & that she's healthy enough to return to work. That's really great news!
Having had heart issues of my own, I know how difficult & draining being able to do anything can be. It's great to hear she's doing well :duff

Very impressive statue. Here is a picture of mine with a backdrop. I will be posting a review within the next 24 hours.
29d469c3e556ed497a34f84a26c586be.jpg

Just awesome looking ! I will avoid any videos until I have mine on thursday now :lol

@Ribblets ... Im jealous

@Elementcharm ... oh no.. is it really to loose and easy to come off??

Literally brushed it with a feather and it fell out... could of just been my arm that's super lose but better safe then sorry. Careful out there. Sent a ticket to sideshow see if they are willing to help.

Back