Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i was able to pick one up at midtown comics two weeks ago they had one on display and happened to have one in stock that was not in the system whats even better they had it priced at $585 with a statue sale taking another 20% off. I literally carried it back to the hotel it was a bit heavy and i'm sure i looked ridiculous but after sideshow cancelled my order after collecting 2 payments, they did refund me but proceeded with saying they oversold and put me on the wait list.

I never experienced that before, i always thought once a deposit was put down it secured the piece. However i've been running into all sorts of customer service issues with SS lately. Anyway I was more than happy to walk away with one completely unexpected. in all i think i paid with NY sales tax about $494. I guess i was in the right place at the right time. And shout out to Micheal at midtown comics for the great customer service. This piece really is amazing, im not even jumping on the hype machine its just beautifully done in all aspects and a 1/4 statue which can be changed up from time to time is even better, only gripe was futzing with the cape for 40+ mins to get it right. i think this one is only going to get harder and harder to purchase or find as time goes on, so anyone looking i would snap one up now while buyers who dont have room to display him despite being 1/4 hes huge, about 16" tall, 15.5 in with then with saber and cape flowing outward if you choose to pose as such its almost 2ft in with and over a foot in depth. so tricky to fit in most if not any of the typical statue cabinets. etc.. anything under $1k is a steal for this beautiful piece

i was able to pick one up at midtown comics two weeks ago they had one on display and happened to have one in stock that was not in the system whats even better they had it priced at $585 with a statue sale taking another 20% off. I literally carried it back to the hotel it was a bit heavy and i'm sure i looked ridiculous but after sideshow cancelled my order after collecting 2 payments, they did refund me but proceeded with saying they oversold and put me on the wait list.

I am jealous of this lol, walked into Midtown this morning and they had nothing besides Jango and Boba. They're probably fresh out now.

I never experienced that before, i always thought once a deposit was put down it secured the piece. However i've been running into all sorts of customer service issues with SS lately. Anyway I was more than happy to walk away with one completely unexpected. in all i think i paid with NY sales tax about $494. I guess i was in the right place at the right time. And shout out to Micheal at midtown comics for the great customer service. This piece really is amazing, im not even jumping on the hype machine its just beautifully done in all aspects and a 1/4 statue which can be changed up from time to time is even better, only gripe was futzing with the cape for 40+ mins to get it right. i think this one is only going to get harder and harder to purchase or find as time goes on, so anyone looking i would snap one up now while buyers who dont have room to display him despite being 1/4 hes huge, about 16" tall, 15.5 in with then with saber and cape flowing outward if you choose to pose as such its almost 2ft in with and over a foot in depth. so tricky to fit in most if not any of the typical statue cabinets. etc.. anything under $1k is a steal for this beautiful piece

Wow, what a steal! I had this piece for about a month. My body was chipped and the replacement body was faulty so I gave up on it and returned it. I considered keeping it but it was just too much money to invest in something with a chip. I was sad to see it go though. It is indeed a magnificent statue. I’m hopeful that something comes out some day that rivals it but I’m not holding my breath!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice.. that is dedication there. (carries a box the size of a bar-fridge back to the hotel - like a boss).

This piece never gets old. By far the best SW collectible I've bough in years.

I'm a huge Stormtrooper fan, but I'd give up all my Stormie AND Vader statues and only keep the Iron Studios one. It is that good. Of course, it has some accuracy issues, but unlike other Vader statues out there, they are minor and excusable exactly by the overall quality of the piece. I would have felt very sorry not to get this statue.

I think Iron Studios statue is the best Darth Vader statue, and one of the best Star Wars statues. No wonder it got the Statue of the Year 2017 award at Statue Forum

Iron Studios Darth Vader Statue of the Year 2017 .jpg

Nice.. that is dedication there. (carries a box the size of a bar-fridge back to the hotel - like a boss).

like a boss...lol more like a fool, my arms were like jello by the time i put it down, i was like I got this, no worries, 2 blocks up i could fell my arms jiggling and thought i was going to buckle but a little sweat and tears and i made it. im so happy to have him on display im new to larger formats, have been collecting 1/6 for about 2 yrs but this is only my second maybe 3rd if you can count the hot toys boba as a statue? so loving it, my only thing is it has motivated me to possibly purchase other 1/4 statues but ive heard from many i have to be very selective as a i may not like a lot of the pieces in person. I was thinking about the Iron studios Kylo ren but he has a strange pose were he looks like hes cringing from cold water being poured over his head unexpectedly.. but i was hoping with the extra arms i may be able to get a good pose out of him, i saw the death trooper premium format in person and I cant decide but this vader is a beast and beautiful although can someone correct me if im wrong ive noticed some variances from statue to statue such as the tube running under his foot mine does not bend toward the ground it lays flat and also the eyes on my statue are like a forest green maybe lighter than that but they are def not amber or any color red, does anyone else have the green eyes or do you have red/amber?

I'm a huge Stormtrooper fan, but I'd give up all my Stormie AND Vader statues and only keep the Iron Studios one. It is that good. Of course, it has some accuracy issues, but unlike other Vader statues out there, they are minor and excusable exactly by the overall quality of the piece. I would have felt very sorry not to get this statue.

I think Iron Studios statue is the best Darth Vader statue, and one of the best Star Wars statues. No wonder it got the Statue of the Year 2017 award at Statue Forum

View attachment 397289

Yeah, I only have this and HTBoba Fett now and I feel it’s enough.

I’m gravitating towards the one or two pieces to rule them all, rather than a bunch of half attempt clutter style of collecting. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This remains the ultimate Vader. I thought Attakus Vader 1 is the best because I like the museum pose, though he has the accuracy issues more pronounced than IS.

And people have different styles of collecting. And if less is more just imagine how much more more would be :p

...but after sideshow cancelled my order after collecting 2 payments, they did refund me but proceeded with saying they oversold and put me on the wait list.

I never experienced that before, i always thought once a deposit was put down it secured the piece...

Weird they haven't cancelled my waitlist order yet based on the above. By the sounds of it there is zero chance of it converting.

Back