Iron Man 3 - Gotta collect 'em all?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'll be buying...

• None of Them

Votes: 52 36.1%

Votes: 23 16.0%

Votes: 20 13.9%

Votes: 27 18.8%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 4 2.8%

Votes: 1 0.7%

• 9+

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
I got back from the screening and I think I know just how many of the suits I'll be getting from the movie :)

At this point, a Potts in Iron Man armor seems like a no brainer.

I'd actually be surprised if it didn't happen.

My only concern is that she either wears a suit already released without her head or Gwyneth Paltrow was excused/overlooked from the licensing agreement because she was deemed unlikely to generate a character.

The only way I'll be getting any from the Iron Man 3 line, is if they release the MK33 Silver Centurion. I haven't seen the movie yet so I don't know if their is an hommage to the Neo Classic armor or not...but if there is, and Hot Toys makes it I'll jump at the chance to buy it. I love that suit the most. It is the suit Iron Man was wearing when I got into comic books.

Other than that, since I like to collect many different characters, instead of multiples of the same character, I probably won't be getting any armors that don't pertain to interpretations of well known armors. The only other armors I would be interested in are Bleeding Edge, and an Egor painted into the Hulk Buster.

A Pepper Potts figure would be as needed as doing Kat Dennings from Thor :lol

If people ever wonder why I am so touchy about sexism in this hobby, the above remarks exemplifies the fodder for my concerns.

Even framed as 'joke' that is just stupid and insulting to compare Potts to Kat Dennings character. Pepper Potts has been in all three Iron Man films plus Avengers and now joins Tony and Rodney in the armour. She is further played by an A-list actress who was a household name long before she did any Marvel films.

If Phil Coulson deserved a character then Potts deserves (an official) one three times over.

If people ever wonder why I am so touchy about sexism in this hobby, the above remarks exemplifies the fodder for my concerns.

Even framed as 'joke' that is just stupid and insulting to compare Potts to Kat Dennings character. Pepper Potts has been in all three Iron Man films plus Avengers and now joins Tony and Rodney in the armour. She is further played by an A-list actress who was a household name long before she did any Marvel films.

If Phil Coulson deserved a character then Potts deserves (an official) one three times over.

pepper should've gotten a HS for the XLII and maybe a rescue? suit if its in the film. But coulson was the Glue in the MCU that tied the films together, if anything pepper is a side character and not really deserving of a figure like maria just like maria hill isnt worthy.

If they ever make a die cast version of War Machine (IM2), and the Shotgun armor. That would be it.

Pepper is a good character but not a "figure worthy" character, she's just an ordinary woman neither a hero nor a villain, she doesn't use swords or guns, she doesn't have a unique outfit, shes not an "active" character like the SHIELD lot.

In short there's nothing "Cool" about her to make her shelfworthy. Same applies to Jane Foster, Uncle Ben Parker, Harry Osborn, Senator Robert Kelly & other non active characters

In the armour she'd be worthy but that armour has been done now

Last edited:

I read that as a character comparison. I don't think, and I could be wrong, it was meant in a sexist way at all. No different than replacing pepper with selvig and denning with coulson.

But thats how I read it.

Gotta catch 'em all, Iron Mon.

tumblr_m4tn4r5OVR1qhi6zlo1_500.gif

After having seen the movie my list goes from none to one or two.

Mandarin is a very cagey maybe

Spoiler Spoiler:

Heartbreaker interests me because of the design but it'll cost way too much to buy

Pepper is a good character but not a "figure worthy" character, she's just an ordinary woman neither a hero nor a villain, she doesn't use swords or guns, she doesn't have a unique outfit, shes not an "active" character like the SHIELD lot.

In short there's nothing "Cool" about her to make her shelfworthy. Same applies to Jane Foster, Uncle Ben Parker, Harry Osborn, Senator Robert Kelly & other non active characters

In the armour she'd be worthy but that armour has been done now

Spoiler Spoiler:

I've got the 42 and Tony on PO

exact same, and after seeing the movie today I'm glad, they are the only two I want really! although I'll probably be mighty tempted by heartbreaker and deep space
Spoiler Spoiler:

I almost preordered the MK42 a few times before seeing the film, but told myself to wait. I was also seriously considering a 1/4 scale MK42 as well. But after seeing the film and being very disappointed with it and the Iron Man suites, I'm ordering nothing from this film.

Well, I've seen the film and loved it, but my stance is still the same. Not buying a single thing from it.

LOL@ anyone buying a Mandarin figure...

Back