Iron Man 3 Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the WM suit from IM2 looked way better imo and I agree, don't like Cheadle as WM either, but it never stopped me from loving IM2.

I felt Howard and RDJ had much better chemistry, and were funner to watch.

Fair enough.

I'm just not a fan of Howard. I think Cheadle is a much better actor overall. And I didn't feel like it was chemistry that RDJ and Cheadle lacked--but rather--it was weak characterization coupled with the introduction of a new actor playing an previously established character.

Fair enough.

I'm just not a fan of Howard. I think Cheadle is a much better actor overall. And I didn't feel like it was chemistry that RDJ and Cheadle lacks--but rather--it was weak characterization coupled with the introduction of a new actor playing an previously established character.

Cheadle is otherwise a much better actor I agree, but I felt Howard was a much better fit for the role and played it brilliantly in Iron Man

Cheadle is otherwise a much better actor I agree, but I felt Howard was a much better fit for the role and played it brilliantly in Iron Man

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. I thought the little segment they had aboard Tony's aircraft was a bit corny and forced. I don't know, I realize I'm in a small minority, but I much prefer Cheadle over Howard.

Fair enough.

I'm just not a fan of Howard. I think Cheadle is a much better actor overall. And I didn't feel like it was chemistry that RDJ and Cheadle lacked--but rather--it was weak characterization coupled with the introduction of a new actor playing an previously established character.

Cheadle is a better actor, but his character lacked what Howard brought in the first one. Along with some bad writing, and even worse delivery of that writing from Cheadle.

:goodpost:

Cheadle is a better actor, but his character lacked what Howard brought in the first one. Along with some bad writing, and even worse delivery of that writing from Cheadle.

Care to give some examples? What exactly made Howard more valuable--or rather--more interesting than Cheadle? It's not like Howard was even an essential ingredient to the success of the first film. He shared what, maybe one or two significant sequences with Tony? I don't know, I just don't get the infatuation with the guy. While I do dislike re-casting, mainly for the sake of continuity purposes, I feel Cheadle makes a much better Rhodes.

the WM suit from IM2 looked way better imo and I agree, don't like Cheadle as WM either, but it never stopped me from loving IM2.

Cheadle was alright. I do think Howard worked a bit better with Downey but as a whole the movie was still pretty damn fun.

Care to give some examples? What exactly made Howard more valuable--or rather--more interesting than Cheadle? It's not like Howard was even an essential ingredient to the success of the first film. He shared what, maybe one or two significant sequences with Tony? I don't know, I just don't get the infatuation with the guy. While I do dislike re-casting, mainly for the sake of continuity purposes, I feel Cheadle makes a much better Rhodes.
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TylcMklRRas[/ame]

"Everybody, GET OUT." I Lol'd in the theater.

I still felt he was an improvement over Howard.
I'm just not a fan of Howard.

robert_downey_jr_042610_splash_m-233x350.jpg

I'll have to respectfully disagree with you. I thought the little segment they had aboard Tony's aircraft was a bit corny and forced. I don't know, I realize I'm in a small minority, but I much prefer Cheadle over Howard.

I prefer Cheadle over Howard as well. I hope we get a full headsculpt of him this time around.

^ one of the few good scenes :clap

That would have been Tony's arrogant douchy behaviour. He wasn't likable in IM2 and that turned me off the character. hopefully in this he won't be a cocky pr*ck

I thought that was the whole point... he wasn't meant to be likeable.
but redeems himself at the end.

Seems it hasn't been mentioned here but....on the IM facebook:

"Iron Man
Check out this new poster for Marvel’s Iron Man 3 featuring the Iron Patriot!"

Yeah....

Back